• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

guest1321 said:
It was a pretty good month for me:
Moon%20Boots.JPG
These are evocative of Evangelion

Sylver

Banned
Liquid_015 said:
Hey Sylver,

Just curious, but where did you purchase your Saeko Busujima figure? I've been trying to looking but it is sold out everywhere except Ebay. -__-'
It's from here http://www.strikesp.com/ (all five HighSchool figures are) It seems that it's sold out too. If I see any store that sell it where I bought anything before I'll PM you.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Not so much a "purchase" this time, as I actually traded in a few games I had doubles of for this small lot.

With GS's bonus 50% trade-in deal, I basically managed an even flip of Mortal Kombat, GTAIV, and a crappy Pokemon spin-off DS game for Child of Eden, Folklore, and Valkyria Chronicles II.

Realized I didn't use my B2G1 coupon, though; so I'll probably do a return/rebuy tomorrow and grab another "freebie".

5956460933_317277b4ba_z.jpg

I have ZERO idea what to expect from Folklore... but everyone in this thread always seems to recommend it... so why not?

Also replaced my dying Gamecom 777 headset with a new one, and snagged a $31 DS3 at Walmart.

5945778362_16104a3c63_z.jpg

5941691939_0da0fd8eb6_z.jpg

BTHZypRz.jpg

With my free Amazon Prime account I just had to pick these up.

TF2: I know people disliked it, but I personally liked Revenge of the Fallen.

Toy Story 3: My personal favorite movie to date.

Sylver said:
eq8Fa.jpg

Only 4 figures in my wishlist to complete and close my collection (1 is already out but its sold out everywhere even on ebay :(, 2 pre-ordered and 1 yet to produce)
Is this series available on DVD anywhere?

Edit: Found it on amazon.co.uk and pre-ordered it. Coming out end of august!

vitacola

Finally - after 11 months of wait - my first post on NeoGAF and since I am an everyday lurker of the Pick-Up-Threads I decided to post here first ;)

So here we go:

Infinite Space - I don't even own a (3)DS, but it was so cheap (8,50€), so couldn't say "no".
LhSOZ.jpg

(Still pretty cheap - 8€ without shipping - on Amazon.de-Marketplace)

New EDGE - finally arrived today after a "journey" of one week from the UK to Germany ...
1FFrI.jpg

Vinyl version (including the CD) of the new Casper album XOXO. He's a German Hip Hop artist. A pretty good one, who really deserves the "artist" ;)
e1RI5.jpg

David Lynch 5 - a 5 DVD box containing Eraserhead, a documentary and most of all the shorts of Lynch. Was around 30€ and it's the first "non-bootleg" version of Eraserhead in Germany. Finally some label released it!
Downside of the pick-up: There is a scratch on the fifth DVD, probably happened on it's way from label to retailer ... contacted the label, let's see what happens.
qzDJR.jpg

Mikeside

The first (less amazing) part of my pickups for the month have arrived!

First a few books:
V6HuXl.jpg
JriG9l.jpg

Fight Club - One of my favourite films - finally going to get around to reading the book (which I hear is amazing, even compared to the film)
The Magicians - Have heard a lot of good stuff about this book on GAF, so I thought I'd give it a go

EtNLxl.jpg

A legend of a man, so going into this with pretty high expectations - should be a great read :D

Next we have a couple of gaming gems I never completed back in the day:
NdXv7l.jpg

Have got them both running nicely on PCSX2, so hopefully playing them in glorious HD will finally give me the incentive to complete them! Have also got X-2 on the way, as I remember really enjoying that too.

And finally (for today):
9TRP4l.jpg
4Y5jel.jpg

An awesome little portable speaker for taking to Bug Jam (Volkswagen festival) where I'm camping with some friends this weekend :)

Much more to follow!

Mikeside

Lireu77 said:
Resonance of Fate
Man, you're gonna have some fun with that one. Great game. How it it on PS3 compared to 360? I think I'd have rather got it on PS3... might trade if it's not a janky port.

Pricey month so far!
image001.png

gg.png

Free VIP suite and free tickets! Good to know people in high places :p
DSCN1960.jpg

Im no doubt about to buy Bastion on xbox live aswell. Wallet is crying.

glaurung said:
[*]PS3 BD Remote - the new, revised edition. Has added controls for TV, amplifier and a new form factor that makes it look more like the slim version of the PS3. It also weighs less and the Home button is plastic, not rubber like the old one.

never heard about that one before! sounds good, I love mine, been using it for XBMC but I do have a ps3+playtv, what about AMP? does it support any HDMI amp or only Sony's?

first post here:

(click for full size)

(click for a decent image size)

Great month! I also grabbed a couple of games on the Steam sale (Deus Ex, Amnesia, Crysis, L4D1/2), put down pre-orders for Skyrim and Halo: CEA, and ordered a few CD's that have yet to arrive.

Since there's more than a few oddity's in the picture I guess I should annotate;

The headphones dividing the picture are Sennheisser CX870's, and they are my favourite pick-up of the month. :p

The left half is all Bungie Swag Bag, and consists of; 3 identical but cool-looking Halo: Uprising posters, the first installation CD for the complete Myth collection, an ilovebees DVD with all the sound files and some behind the scenes stuff, a neat Halo 3 wallet, a random piece of card marked San Diego comic-con 2009 with ODST artwork on one side and the controls on the other which I guess was given out to people trying the demo, the 3rd Season of Red Vs Blue on DVD (yay), a sealed copy of the ancient Mac game Weekend Warrior that was published by Bungie, an awesome limited edition Halo 3 controller (YAY), and two action figures - the first a Halo 3 Master Chief and the second a Halo: Reach Elite Commando w/ Concussion Rifle.

The right half of the picture on the other side of the headphones consists of a few books (Hyperion, ADWD, Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, Cosmos, The Hunger Games, and the two volumes that make up Halo: Evolutions), a few movies (TSN + Gran Torino on DVD and Band of Brothers on blu-ray), and last of all, games - Civ 4, because everybody always raves about how awesome it is and besides that it's dirt cheap nowadays, Infamous 2, which I could only use my pro Paint skillz to imitate as I lent it to a friend, and Metro 2033 for 360.

I'm basically set for the rest of the year what with all that and the Steam games/pre-orders.

Sylver said:
eq8Fa.jpg

Only 4 figures in my wishlist to complete and close my collection (1 is already out but its sold out everywhere even on ebay :(, 2 pre-ordered and 1 yet to produce)

Thats awesome, I have the Saeko one only.

Were do you buy them? Im waiting to see if they release a Saeko with her awesome battling uniform (the one she most has in the manga and anime) but where I bought the other was a japanese online shop that doesnt sell anymore figures +18 outside japan (and I had problems with the price increase in customs).
Would be grateful to know were you bought them, thanks in advance.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I love me some urban vinyl, but those SF toys are naff. Shoulda stylized them more (a la Pansonworks or something), anime faces on US-made toys always look really off.

(Dhalsim looks pretty nice, though.)

Atruvius

This month I bought Gran Turismo 5, Game of Thrones book, Happines and Cyanide book and a kitten.

Game of Thrones
5958003814_81b8e2497b_z.jpg

Happines and Cyanide
5958015726_27d61538f3_z.jpg

GT5 and kitten
5958005364_d744c20709_z.jpg

Forsete

Atruvius: Aww, cute kittonz. :>

My first 802.11n router, WNDR3700v2. I retired my trusty WRT54GL, he served me well. :(
5958007722_ceddc7a0d5_o_d.jpg

Vic Mackey extravaganza, 28 discs complete series. <3
5958007404_432384a7f0_o_d.jpg

Vortek tuning kit
5958007920_0ab7ff6374_o_d.jpg

Sylver

Banned
ResidentDante said:
Is this series available on DVD anywhere?

Edit: Found it on amazon.co.uk and pre-ordered it. Coming out end of august!

I bought the US BD Version and JP BD Version, and OVA at YesAsia all of them are already out. If you don't want to wait it's a great option.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Thats awesome, I have the Saeko one only.

Were do you buy them? Im waiting to see if they release a Saeko with her awesome battling uniform (the one she most has in the manga and anime) but where I bought the other was a japanese online shop that doesnt sell anymore figures +18 outside japan (and I had problems with the price increase in customs).
Would be grateful to know were you bought them, thanks in advance.
All five were bought here: http://www.strikesp.com/ the last two were pre-ordered on 10/27/2010 and the first three on 09/25/2010.
I saw them available at http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english some time ago. They sell +18 figures and YesAsia too, I've bought some +18 figures to them without trouble.

5958123724_4983f1679e.jpg

Got Eden of the East the full series, and the first movie, as well as Nintendo Power today.
5957565615_9de1341cd8.jpg

Sub woofer from my 5.1 Surround system I got last week.
5958187952_957ed9076e.jpg

5957625329_52d1c39046.jpg

Also got Ocarina of Time 3D soundtrack from Club Nintendo, and bought The Human Abstracts new album.

guit3457

vitacola said:
Finally - after 11 months of wait - my first post on NeoGAF and since I am an everyday lurker of the Pick-Up-Threads I decided to post here first ;)

So here we go:

Infinite Space - I don't even own a (3)DS, but it was so cheap (8,50€), so couldn't say "no".
LhSOZ.jpg

(Still pretty cheap - 8€ without shipping - on Amazon.de-Marketplace)

New EDGE - finally arrived today after a "journey" of one week from the UK to Germany ...
1FFrI.jpg

Vinyl version (including the CD) of the new Casper album XOXO. He's a German Hip Hop artist. A pretty good one, who really deserves the "artist" ;)
e1RI5.jpg

David Lynch 5 - a 5 DVD box containing Eraserhead, a documentary and most of all the shorts of Lynch. Was around 30€ and it's the first "non-bootleg" version of Eraserhead in Germany. Finally some label released it!
Downside of the pick-up: There is a scratch on the fifth DVD, probably happened on it's way from label to retailer ... contacted the label, let's see what happens.
qzDJR.jpg

1 week waiting EDGE??? You lucky **** I ordered it 2 weeks ago from Spain and I keep waiting. Where do you buy the magazine? myfavouritemagazines??

vitacola

@guit3457 and Hitoribhoshi:

Yeah, ordered it from myfavouritemagazines.co.uk.
lol, I thought one week was the maximum ... poor guys. Never complaining again ;)
Anyone from Europe here, who knows if the EDGE gets here faster if you subscribe?

Sylver

Banned
You have James Bond, Jason Bourne...
BbSmk.jpg

We have Torrente :-D (All 4 BD movies).
Fight Club english version.
One well known Broker Guide
and..
yXdwv.jpg

Limbo arrives to Euros sony knights Finally. :D

Sylver said:
You have James Bond, Jason Bourne...
BbSmk.jpg

We have Torrente :-D (All 4 BD movies).

Awesome, hahaha.
How does Torrente 1 look in HD? I would probably want to puke watching all the dirt that movie has in HD (the father, apartment...)
And from what I can see Torrente 2 boxart looks epic!

Sylver

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Awesome, hahaha.
How does Torrente 1 look in HD? I would probably want to puke watching all the dirt that movie has in HD (the father, apartment...)
And from what I can see Torrente 2 boxart looks epic!
I still didn't watch them, just bought this afternoon. I will try them later at night.
Here's the boxart for Torrente 2:
nYtBc.jpg

Love those movies XD, the last one not so much, but :D well all of them are pretty funny. The first one is awesome.

AwesomeSauce said:
Look at them deep blacks.

How much did that run you?
Contrast is 1.000.000:1. The LED TVs are similar by now but when I bought it (+1 year ago) was gorgeus.
549€ at ebay (dutch seller). I'm searching for 2 more XEL-1 TV's. I want a 3 like monitor for PC gaming but they blew everywhere :( and Sony ceased the production time ago.

nny said:
Stuff!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/toofhairy/Pick-ups/DSC06723.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

oh! DrillDozer !

[QUOTE=eXistor]Stuff!

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2qwpt3l.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

can I asked how much you paid for that Paper Mario ? (few years ago I was in a store in france they had a loose PM PAL and a sealed PM NTSC-U for the same price ... needless to say I got the NTSC-U, a pal power supply at a flea market an a loose NTSC-U system, games are so much cheaper :| )

Haha, beat me to it ^^

Top Bottom