• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

daffy

Banned
Number45 said:
The hardware damages itself in the process of being used as intended? What would you call that if not broken?
Exactly what others have called it --- an aesthetic flaw, at best. Not gonna prevent anyone from playing.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Adamm said:
Whisper of the Heart Blu Ray
GbB5n.jpg

Not all new, but i just love how this collection looks (release them faster dammit!)
umdqP.jpg
W...want

I just got my Nausica and Arietty, now I want all of them!

Totoro and Takkyuubin fucking where

Number45

FTH said:
Exactly what others have called it --- an aesthetic flaw, at best. Not gonna prevent anyone from playing.
A flaw that, if ignored, damages your hardware. We're arguing over semantics here, fact of the matter is that you shouldn't have to accept (or have to remember to put a cloth in there to protect the screen... remind me, what's one the main benefits of a clamshell design?) if it's an acknowledged design flaw.

daffy

Banned
I'm not arguing, just seems silly to call it broken when its a mere flaw that is easily dealt with. If you're anal about that then whatever. Broken to me means unable to have its intended use.

teto

New Amp and front speakers to replace my old set

Old set - HK AVR 240 and Thiels CS 1.5s. both died in the space of a week

New Set - Denon AVR 1911 and JBL ES 100 fronts

302m8w2.jpg

23jlvr.jpg

Sound is good. loud, punchy, great midrange and nice top end as well. havent calibrated it properly but the ES100's give so much presence in the room. really like it. brought an instant smile to my face cranking up cloverfield and Batman: The Dark Knight.

overcast

Those of you in here that would know. Do you think there is any difference between the old phat ps3 and the slim when it comes to display and Blu Ray picture quality? It's a really dumb question, but somebody is willing to sell me an old one for very cheap. I want to jump on it. Just need to know a few little details.

Divius

9Bs9g.jpg

Picked up some dress shoes for the first time in my life. Nothing fancy though. All my sneakers are mad cuz they getting styled on.

Theonik

overcast said:
Those of you in here that would know. Do you think there is any difference between the old phat ps3 and the slim when it comes to display and Blu Ray picture quality? It's a really dumb question, but somebody is willing to sell me an old one for very cheap. I want to jump on it. Just need to know a few little details.
There shouldn't be. Only difference in terms of BD playback is that pre-slim units cannot output Dolby True HD Audio and will instead decode it and output 8CH LPCM. And HDMI remote control I guess.

Number45

Phat Michael said:

Sound is good. loud, punchy, great midrange and nice top end as well. havent calibrated it properly but the ES100's give so much presence in the room. really like it. brought an instant smile to my face cranking up cloverfield and Batman: The Dark Knight.
Glass cabinets am cry.

Zafir

Sourtreats said:
I placed this order with Telltale Games Start of June. Finally arrived today.

DSC_0731.jpg

DSC_0732.jpg

My Sam & Max Symbiotes figures. I had orded some Homestar runner ones but I only just found out they were cancelled.

DSC_0733.jpg

This was meant to be a father day present for my dad, he introduced me to Sam & Max when I was a kid with Sam & Max Road Rage. Awesome game. Poster is signed, just need to get a frame for it now.
Hehe, my stuff finally arrived yesterday as well. I also got those figures and the poster. Look really awesome. Also got a signed ToMI poster, 5 pack poster set of S&M, S&M buttons, and a ToMI art pack. Already had a lot of mech on the store, such as the homestar figures, soundtracks etc.

tomisigned.jpg

SMposters.jpg

tomiartsmbuttons.jpg

(Didn't bother doing photos of the figures and other poster since you can already see them above, mine look no different)

I was missing the BttF Card Game though, which on my invoice says it was cancelled.

Zafir said:
Hehe, my stuff finally arrived yesterday as well. I also got those figures and the poster. Look really awesome. Also got a signed ToMI poster, 5 pack poster set of S&M, S&M buttons, and a ToMI art pack. Already had a lot of mech on the store, such as the homestar figures, soundtracks etc.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/ZafirZ/tomisigned.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/ZafirZ/SMposters.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w150/ZafirZ/tomiartsmbuttons.jpg[/IMG

(Didn't bother doing photos of the figures and other poster since you can already see them above, mine look no different)

I was missing the BttF Card Game though, which on my invoice says it was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I ordered the Homestar figures and they cancelled on me. Was a shame, I would have liked a Strongbad and Cheet figure.

That Monkey Island poster looks nice. The guy signing all the posters must of got so sick of it.

Zafir

Sourtreats said:
Yeah I ordered the Homestar figures and they cancelled on me. Was a shame, I would have liked a Strongbad and Cheet figure.

That Monkey Island poster looks nice. The guy signing all the posters must of got so sick of it.
The Homestar figures are pretty nice, tiny, bit nice. Shame you didn't receive them. I've sent them an email regarding the missing item, going to see what they say, as I've not received any refund for the cancelled item(Not that I care a lot about £4ish). Not expecting a reply for a while though, considering how iffy their customer support has been during the sale and warehouse moving.

I believe Steve Purcell is also at Comic Con for signings as well at the moment. So yeah, I don't doubt it lol. Probably nice seeing fan reactions though while signing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Macsta said:
And my new Neca Predator next to the Hot Toys Predator.
Given the price of Hot Toys, the NECA stands pretty well against it. Their stuff has been getting better and better. Have you seen their line of Evil Dead toys at Comic Con?

Macsta said:
I bought my "son" a money box :)
25z179t.jpg

I used to have one of the family games computer things in one of my cabs. Not too bad, the emulation isn't perfect, but pretty close. Swapped it out for a dreamcast instead.

Macsta

I havent as of yet, but I agree that Neca is turning its self around. I love my hot toys pred, but the neca pred has a more realistic skin texture that looks almost life like, it actually looks slimy.

Risible

Phat Michael said:

302m8w2.jpg

Hey, I think your speakers might be too small.

Gintamen

Or maybe the TV is just to small for it's surrounding. :p I already have problems with my 40'zoll one playing games.

Never got to play the GC games, still need to get Yakuza 1 for the collection and never played through Blue Dragon and Odin Sphere.
95347629.jpg

Love his artwork, wish I could have gone to his exhibit.
81293898.png

33e4ynd.jpg

2hpknsz.jpg

theDeeDubs

Phat Michael said:

Nice! Love my Denon too.

-Red_Mage- said:
Nice! Love my Denon too.

you mind giving a write up of what you like about it? its my first denon amp and its been a week and i have mixed feelings on it. i went from a harmon kardon unit which even tho it got worse reviews i actually think i may have preferred the sound more..

Risible said:
Hey, I think your speakers might be too small.
they looked smaller in the showroom. you should have seen the friggin boxes they came in they barely fit through the door. its like the garage in back to the future in my place now

schlew

Wait, Nintendo has revised the 3DS model to prevent the top screen from scratching? I can't find any information on this at all. What did they do to alleviate the problem?

Johnny

I don't normally post in these threads but I don't normally buy huge game lots either. I've been looking to get back into the original Game Boy so I was happy to jump on this one.

xI94a.jpg

LulaBrasi

A few pickups...

First, a spare Game Boy Advance SP, i got it for around 3$, so thats pretty cool. I am on a tight budget, so i can live with the scratches as long as it is cheap.

OpQy2.jpg

And now my controversial pickup. Keep in mind that i am not a Nazi, nor am i a racist, but i have a wierd fetish for 3. Reich stuff, and now i finally got a genuine WW2 memorabilia. I think it is creepy, disgusting and fascinating at the same time.

6OZF9.jpg

overcast

Theonik said:
There shouldn't be. Only difference in terms of BD playback is that pre-slim units cannot output Dolby True HD Audio and will instead decode it and output 8CH LPCM. And HDMI remote control I guess.
Thanks for answering man. All I needed to know.

LulaBrasi

Speevy said:
Just imagined a Nazi playing his Gameboy.

Haha, i am NOT a Nazi, i think i made that pretty clear in my post. This is more like a collectors item. I know it is bizarre, but maybe that is why i am fascinated by it. It is gonna be my only Nazi item, so it is not like my apartment is full of that shit :D

I love old stuff with history, and this must have history behind it :)

Number45

MarshMellow96 said:
We're not going to, are we?
The guy has stated his motivation for picking it up pretty clearly, so I hope not. History is history. :/

JackEtc said:
....I wonder more and more each day why this thread is still in Gaming and not in OT.
It's still primarily games and game-related pickups, I quite like seeing the extra bits and pieces in there as well.

yamo

LulaBrasi said:
And now my controversial pickup. Keep in mind that i am not a Nazi, nor am i a racist, but i have a wierd fetish for 3. Reich stuff, and now i finally got a genuine WW2 memorabilia. I think it is creepy, disgusting and fascinating at the same time.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't start wearing it to school/work.

LulaBrasi

Benjamin1981 said:
We are pretty sensitive when it comes to the past of our country. And i don't think posting Nazi symbols in a gaming forum is appropriate.

I can take it down if it is too much, but again, it is a pickup not just a random Nazi symbol. It isn't gaming ofcourse, but i thought it might fly since other people post things that arent gaming related.

Edit - I know that Germans are sensitive to this stuff, but it is not just your history, we where occupied by the Nazi regime

Speevy

Banned
I wouldn't show that in public, but I don't really see a problem with collecting it, to be honest.

People collect history. History is sometimes unpleasant. That doesn't make the people collecting it unpleasant.

LulaBrasi

hongesagatame said:
Shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't start wearing it to school/work.

No fucking way that thing is EVER getting on my chest, i do have a little common sense :D

And i hope that people can understand that it is bought for it's historical value and not for it's message (which i do find disgusting).

LulaBrasi said:
I can take it down if it is too much, but again, it is a pickup not just a random Nazi symbol. It isn't gaming ofcourse, but i thought it might fly since other people post things that arent gaming related.
Why should you take it down?

yamo

LulaBrasi said:
No fucking way that thing is EVER getting on my chest, i do have a little common sense :D

And i hope that people can understand that it is bought for it's historical value and not for it's message (which i do find disgusting).

Haha just kidding.

Just make sure that someone close to you know about your little "interest". So your friends and family don't mistake you for some closet nazi if you, god forbid, wind up dead and they sort through your stuff.

LulaBrasi

hongesagatame said:
Haha just kidding.

Just make sure that someone close to you know about your little "interest". So your friends and family don't mistake you for some closet nazi if you, god forbid, wind up dead and they sort through your stuff.

I showed it to my mom, she wasn't pleased :D

Top Bottom