• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Theonik

You can find 100s of them here in flee markets as well as Soviet medals and military equipment. I wanted one myself for the novelty of it but then again i wouldn't want people to think I'm a neo-nazi...
Edit: In case there is a misunderstanding I'm not calling you one.

LulaBrasi

Theonik said:
You can find 100s of them here in flee markets as well as Soviet medals and military equipment. I wanted one myself for the novelty of it but then again i wouldn't want people to think I'm a neo-nazi...
Edit: In case there is a misunderstanding I'm not calling you one.

That is exactly where i got it from, a huge flea market. There are tons of them, and this one doesn't have any value money vice i am sure :)

JackEtc

Number45 said:
It's still primarily games and game-related pickups, I quite like seeing the extra bits and pieces in there as well.
Yes, I do agree.

Tarin02543 said:
have weird collections is not offensive but expecting people to embrace them is. Keep that shit out of view, even here.
That's a little unnecessary, he's not forcing anyone to embrace the item, or Nazism (if that's what he was encouraging, which he isn't). He's simply showing us a piece of history.

purg3

slept with Malkin
d1DCJ.jpg

Bastion

Z3TnX.jpg

new pair of Tigers. Probably my favorite shoe, and this would make pair #5.

Desmond

I don't get why people are annoyed, a lot of people collect ww2 stuff. I for example, have soviet memorabilia similar to that pin.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Tarin02543 said:
have weird collections is not offensive but expecting people to embrace them is. Keep that shit out of view, even here.
There is nothing wrong with posting "that shit" here. I'm a big history buff and I love seeing stuff like this.

Theonik

ninj4junpei said:
I want this so very much.
So do I. Shame JP Bluray prices seem so unreasonable. Is there a place where people are getting them for better prices or just import sites and eBay?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Rufus said:
Seem? They are unreasonable. Ridiculously so.
Definitely, but I doubt it's changing anytime soon. Waiting for domestic releases is the only way to avoid it.

That said, I don't regret buying Nausicaa and Arrietty for full price. These sets are just too goddamn gorgeous.

Theonik

Rufus said:
Seem? They are unreasonable. Ridiculously so.
Probably, then again I don't live in Japan so I can't compare them any living standards there. Given they cost almost as much as a game though... Yeah...

LulaBrasi

Massa said:
Disgusting, LulaBrasi.

I mean, I would never buy a console beat up like that.

But what is a poor man to do? I have no money, so i will take a beaten up Game Boy over nothing anyday of the week... it was 3$.... THREE DOLLARS MAAAN :D

Gvaz

Banned
Speevy said:
I wouldn't show that in public, but I don't really see a problem with collecting it, to be honest.

People collect history. History is sometimes unpleasant. That doesn't make the people collecting it unpleasant.
It is exactly this. Every other statement is unreasonable.

The Nazi stuff is interesting. There's no need to whitewash or forget about it. It was an unfortunate time in history for much of the world but that still doesn't take away from people wanting to keep things from that era. A lot of this stuff is still around because the people who did much of the fighting decided to keep it and that seems inoffensive so I don't see the problem here. It's cool to see it and know it has a major part of history to it. Thanks for showing it.

nonnocere

Phat Michael said:
they looked smaller in the showroom. you should have seen the friggin boxes they came in they barely fit through the door. its like the garage in back to the future in my place now

That's all I could think of as well.

18-Volt

Yay! My first post! I especially wanted it to be in this thread.
Here goes,
Some games from last week's PSN Summer sale; Shank, Pac-Man CE DX, PixelJunk Shooter 2, Scott Pilgrim.

psnugli.jpg

Some games for summer,

img_2534ojp9.jpg

Frasier: The Entire Collection DVD

img_2537e8w0.jpg

Gintamen

Acrylic7 said:
Very nice. I love his work.

Where and how much?
63,38€ at Amazon.de , had seen it over a year back for 40, wanted to wait and than it was gone for almost a year with unreasonable prices on ebay, at least it's in mint condition and has a lot of collapsible pages instead of those divided by the middle.^^ Down side is, the last 3/4 is mostly a register/index with little thumbnail pictures of most of his art[till 2003].

Fall reading

5968257023_f4400c1371_b.jpg

Medium Raw - Anthony Bourdain
Nothing To Envy - Barbara Demick
Heat - Bill Buford
Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami
The Man Who Ate Everything - Jeffrey Steingarten
Infinite Jest - David Foster Wallace

sophora

P16zOl.jpg

KGq5Nl.jpg

bG8Oql.jpg

Actually picked up two of the Dunny 2011 mini-figures, got Le Merde and Mr. Frames. Rather happy with my first Kidrobot x Street Fighter figure being Vega :D

omgkitty

cmonmanreally said:
Fall reading

Heat - Bill Buford

Wow! That is a very good collection of books right there.

zethren

Banned
First off, sorry for the bad iphone pics:

eden.jpg

Got a good price on Child of Eden, and I've been meaning to pick it up. Don't have Kinect though.

got.jpg

Okay, Gaf. I've been hearing so many good things about this book series and getting tons of recommendations for it that I decided to pick it up. Excited to start reading it :)

ghost.jpg

Already beat it. Loved it, and it's competing with Bastion as my (thus far) favorite game of the year. So great.

hotel.jpg

Got a good price on this guy, too. Gonna start it this week some time.

points.jpg

Got this so I could get...

bastion.jpg

Amazing game. Beat it twice, got all achievements and essentially 100%'d the game.

swag1.jpg

My swag bag arrived! And in it...

swag2-1.jpg

A 2XL Reach t-shirt (not my size, but a decent sleep shirt I suppose lol), Halo CE on PC, McFarlane MasterChief wave 1 figure, Ghost statue, Marathon sticker.

Here are some goodies from Comic-Con. The two days I attended were incredibly entertaining.

f2rHgl.png

Manga from Borders...

EOLAfl.jpg

And this great little collection of Pokemon comics by Maré Odomo. I love the illustration of Haunter and Wartortle.

Tz62xl.jpg

ds944l.jpg

Mithos

Gold Member
Almost complete now, only Season 6 missing.
qNwVe.jpg

Picked up some more Blu-Ray movies.
wG4QR.jpg

Thought I'd give this a try it's said to be an okay game, and hey you get the first game too, oh and a PSN Voucher.
pxop1.jpg

Konny

Neo Member
LeleSocho said:
woah congratulations for the pickup, what is it? i7?
I'd like to have here my imac g5 still rockin' but the logic board say nono :/

Oh many thanks, i have picked i5 2,5ghz 21,5".

My old G5 remains with me <3 best mac design ever made.

cmonmanreally said:
Fall reading

Heat - Bill Buford

Bourdain is God.

TxdoHawk

Half-expected to get a Ken based on others luck with these, but no, I fared even worse. :p (pardon my desk, really need to dust...)
IMG_0514.jpg

Also this month: Finally gave up, having missed owning a TV for months and months. Sold my old Vizio LCD before I moved, because I didn't want to move it and didn't think I'd want a TV in my new tiny apartment.

This low-end Samsung 43-inch plasma is amazing for the price. Zero regrets. (Also seen here, my other July pick-up, Trenched!)
IMG_0519.jpg

That will pretty much do it for the month, aside from Catherine next week.

Top Bottom