• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Gintamen said:
33e4ynd.jpg

2hpknsz.jpg

Any idea of where I could find those work to get printed in order to frame them ?

LulaBrasi

Sealda said:
I doubt that is a real Nazi medal. Its most certainly a replica.
Yeah i sort of came to the same conclusion.. Fuck it though, it's gonna stay in my treasure box till i find something better :)

Edit - though i knew from the start it wasn't a medal, rather some sort of Nazi Party pin/badge.. It looks old, but i just don't know, i am not an expert so i can't tell if it's 65 years old..

Tarin02543 said:
have weird collections is not offensive but expecting people to embrace them is. Keep that shit out of view, even here.
Wtf!! Do you not consider this as history memorabilia? Whats with Gaf being uptight over this?

jyoung188

First Pick-Up Post! =D

Sorry, crappy iPhone pic :(

b20CA.jpg

I got OOT3D and Shadows of the Damned, thoroughly enjoyed them both.

New kicks are Nike SB Koston One's, they are so fucking comfortable.

I won this bad ass Miller Elite welding helmet at a raffle yesterday! I was actually in the market for a welding helmet since I'm going to be getting a welder very soon, and this one is way better than any I could afford :)

jyoung188

Anilusion said:
What is the battery for?
It's got an auto darkening lens. There are little sensors in the front that detect the arc when you start welding and it automatically darkens the lens. On cheaper helmets you can't see out the lens when you aren't welding, so you have to constantly lift and lower your helmet.

Shadybiz

jyoung188 said:
It's got an auto darkening lens. There are little sensors in the front that detect the arc when you start welding and it automatically darkens the lens. On cheaper helmets you can't see out the lens when you aren't welding, so you have to constantly lift and lower your helmet.

I know basically nothing about welding, but I do know that helmet is pretty awesome!

finowns

Hope someone answers this.

If you buy for example Dexter Season 2 on Blu Ray do they manage to fit all the episodes on one disc?

edit never mind amazon has pictures. Why can't they fit all the eps on one disc? Now I have to fix my netflix plan.

edit 2 Thanks for the quick reply. I should have investigated better.

tenz0r

finowns said:

If you buy for example Dexter Season 2 on Blu Ray do they manage to fit all the episodes on one disc?

No, there is usually about 4 episodes per disc, and for a show like Dexter that has 12 episodes it would be on three discs for each season.

isny

napkin dispenser
finowns said:

No.

The episodes would have to be SD to fit them all on one BD Disc.

JLG-

finowns said:

No. There are multiple episodes per disc. I believe Dexter season 2 blu-ray has 3 disc with 4 episodes on each disc.

edit: Beaaaaat

aristotle

My pickups so far:

33ttq1s.jpg

LotR Blu-ray
Ultimate Watchmen Blu-Ray ($42!)
Aliens Anth.
Supernatural Season 2 (finally)

33cn5gh.jpg

Lost Boys : The Tribe
Extended Sucker Punch
Princess Bride (haven't seen it yet)
Black Death
Cyrus

ws1c84.jpg

Sly Cooper Collection ($10)

My favorite pickups follows :D

316avc1.jpg

McFarlane Red Riding Hood

14t6k5t.jpg

Mcfarlane Dorothy : Collector's Club 12"

and the pièce de résistance

nx6j4y.jpg

Official Sony God of War skateboard (still in the plastic and direct from Sony)

I only know of 3 in existence. If anyone anywhere has any more information, I would greatly appreciate it! I haven't been able to find any information on it whatsoever.

Tenck

Benjamin1981 said:
We are pretty sensitive when it comes to the past of our country. And i don't think posting Nazi symbols in a gaming forum is appropriate.

Going off on him like a mad man is inappropriate.

Acrylic7

aristotle said:
nx6j4y.jpg

I only know of 3 in existence. If anyone anywhere has any more information, I would greatly appreciate it! I haven't been able to find any information on it whatsoever.

Sony has a huge problem with their merchandise department. Everything that they make is only for friends, employees, or business partners. Like the KZ3 boots and the ps2 Air Force Ones.
I read that they only made like 100 pairs of those shoes. Why on Earth would you even waste Nike time with something like that, then to top it all off the shoes aren't even for Sale. Yet they have the gall to show them to us.

Wouldnt your FANS want to SPEND MONEY on these things?
I would.

Acrylic7 said:
Sony has a huge problem with their merchandise department. Everything that they make is only for friends, employees, or business partners. Like the KZ3 boots and the ps2 Air Force Ones.
I read that they only made like 100 pairs of those shoes. Why on Earth would you even waste Nike time with something like that, then to top it all off the shoes aren't even for Sale. Yet they have the gall to show them to us.

Wouldnt your FANS want to SPEND MONEY on these things?
I would.

The shoe deal might be more of a Nike thing than a Sony thing. They love making special edition shoes as limited as possible and created an inflated market for these things, leading to collectors going psychotic on Ebay. Trying buying a pair of Kobes or Jordans nowadays that aren't the standard colorways for regular price at Foot Locker. Not gonna happen.

Acrylic7

Ninja Scooter said:
The shoe deal might be more of a Nike thing than a Sony thing. They love making special edition shoes as limited as possible and created an inflated market for these things, leading to collectors going psychotic on Ebay. Trying buying a pair of Kobes or Jordans nowadays that aren't the standard colorways for regular price at Foot Locker. Not gonna happen.

I dunno, it seems crazy to me.

Air Force ones are about $90-95 with tax. I hate them, ever since I got out of high school. Yet for a pair of Gaming themed pair I'm willing to pay extra. $120 tops. I think its a Huge market that Sony overlooks. Microsoft and Nintendo have plenty merchandise in every Walmart. Not Sony.
The crazy thing is, is that Sony has an insane amount of properties that are very recognizable and loved. Pretty sure they can benefit from them. Would slap the donuts from a cops hand for some Sly Cooper Sweet Classic highs. or a nice Ratchet watch.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
InfiniteNine said:
Looking it over it seems so.

Yeah they all do, I have the Laputa one and it even has the remade English audio track with the orchestra backing and English dub. They are totally awesome, it's just a shame they are so fucking expensive. They retail for something ridiculous like 7200 yen but at least on Amazon they're only about 5200 yen but that is still a ton. Come on though with Spirited Away/Mononoke Hime... day 1.

Buttons

pickup_july1ehz.jpg

I'm pretty happy with my pickups this month.

Rogue Galaxy was a RPG I always wanted to play but for some reason never bought when it was released. I was trying to find a new copy for a while but they were already priced between 48-60 Euros. Then I found a sealed copy on Ebay for 22 Euros and immediately bought it. Yay.

Persona 3 PSP. Got this on Gamestation for only 23 Euros with delivery thanks to the Cheap Ass Gamer EU thread. Thanks guys. My first Persona game and I am enjoying it so far. Just such a shame that the special edition box has the fugly USK logo on it, even though this is the English version (Game cover itself only has the PEGI logo).

I finally caved in and got Trails in the Sky. Was on sale at CD-wow, 25 Euros with delivery. :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I absolutely love SHF, but I gotta stop picking these guys up while I'm paying for college. Genta was on the cheaper side, but after tax it comes out to the same price as a new game and unlike games, these never really drop in price. I stopped doing the Riders to save money, but now I've already got preorders in for Gokai Red, Blue, and Green. Still waiting on Shinken Red to show up. Also, was gonna put this with my Raziel, Hayabusa, and Mummra, but Toys R Us still hasn't shipped them!

2450q34.jpg

ftegdc.jpg

DJ54V.jpg

Got some Transformers, Ironhide and two of the Wreckers.

hae8D.jpg

Games for the month. Dungeon Siege hit the bomba price, I haven't played much but it seems okay so far. I'm loving Resi Mercs, it's ideal for short bursts. I got Batman because I really like the show and I've heard it's a decent brawler.

sophora

3bPsUl.jpg

VPcsil.jpg

Limited Edition SDCC Comic-con 2011 exclusive Evil Ryu :D Kind of scared to open it. Might just get another one so he can sand among the other minifigures I have.

jost

Neo Member
aristotle said:
nx6j4y.jpg

I've seen this on the Sony RLS site for some time, there is also a Killzone flask, and a Ratch PVC figurine.

lolmark

IMG_20110725_140113.jpg

Just got in the mail!
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Shōjin no Sho - Guide Book
Saturn Bomber Man.

Special shout out to Jap-Sai for hooking it up again. Terrific service.

lolmark said:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/killtheflock/IMG_20110725_140113.jpg
Just got in the mail!
Saturn Bomber Man.

Great haul. I need to get a Saturn multitap one of these days to fully enjoy Saturn Bomberman.

aristotle

jost said:
I've seen this on the Sony RLS site for some time, there is also a Killzone flask, and a Ratch PVC figurine.

That is where I got it from. It's not for sale anymore and they only gave one away through the auction. Apparently no one knows how many they actually made.

SUPARSTARX

lolmark said:
IMG_20110725_140113.jpg

Just got in the mail!
Saturn Bomber Man.

Nice pick ups. I got it earlier this month.

There's still a few errors in the book but it's pretty thick compared to the one released prior to it.

aristotle said:
My pickups so far:

nx6j4y.jpg

Definitely not limited to 3 as its available to any employee who works retail(GS,BB, Target, etc) by doing some quizzes on the Playstation Loyalty Site and paying a shipping cost.

Top Bottom