• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
It's been a pretty busy several days. I went out of town on Saturday with my mom and sister. I got to manhandle an Olympus OM-D at a small camera shop; but unfortunately, I realized I'm just not quite in a position to drop ~$2K on the thing and a couple lenses. I'll re-evaluate in a few months, and see if I can "cash it up" rather than put it on a credit card. Also snagged some great food with my family, and we stayed at a pretty nice Marriott and enjoyed the pool, and then shopping and hanging out in the afternoons.

Some smaller pickups over the last couple days; sorry if I've posted any of this already...

7587051542_9b01c585c5_c.jpg

7587031182_248dfe110f_c.jpg

7587013646_f86ac844e3_c.jpg

7587013572_3a6e0c3a27_o.png

7587041228_d1829e9a2e_c.jpg

... and I'm getting ready! I snagged a green Smart Case in the chance that stores around here sell out in the coming weeks. I think I'm gonna snag my first iPad in early August during tax-free weekend. Can't wait!

7587021696_1efaefe4b2_c.jpg

Hi all. To celebrate my account getting approved, here's my haul (with bonus background paper from my son's Heroica game).

axkio67cqaaxuq.jpg

I've only peeked inside the Valken box, and ran screaming. Been a very long while since I put together a model kit that required cement.

Let me know how this build goes; I've been eyeing the thing myself and haven't quite pulled on it for similar reasons. Been a while.

Misterhbk

43 Inch Samsung Plasma. Sooooooo happy with this purchase! such an upgrade from my 32 inch phillips

IMG_8242.jpg

Dot Hack Infection to finish off the collection of the first 4 games
Star Wars the force unleashed 2

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

sorry for the terrible quality, iphone 3gs lol

game & watch collections 1 and 2
sfxt fights stick, changed the buttons and added a octagonal gate
shirt from Uniqlo ny (my friend sent it to me)
blazblue continuum shift extend LE
and 2 ps2 controllers that were on clearance for 5 bucks each at sears.

Borman

It seems to me that RAM would be the next step? Or is that model limited to 4gb?

Ram is next, along with an SSD. It maxes out at 16 or 32gb at least, maybe more. Been a while since I looked at the spec sheet, had the computer since August 2006, so the fact that it is still remotely relevant is nice.

I had 2 more gigs in there, but they died somehow, happens I guess. Mac Pro memory for the 2006 model is expensive.

nny

Let's pick-up update:

DSC07802.jpg

DSC07816.jpg

DSC07814.jpg

THEN I FLIP A SWITCH AND FLUFFY IS EVERYTHING

DSC07811.jpg

Got the first book and some goodies from a lovely online comic (yay original drawing): Life in the Analog Age

DSC07805.jpg

DSC07806.jpg

DSC07828.jpg

DSC07822.jpg

<3 Pratchett

DSC07821.jpg

<3 Tezuka

I always wanted to collect these books, so when I came across a sale on Astérix books...I got a little carried away:

DSC07820.jpg

DSC07818.jpg

Couldn't help getting this lovely notebook:

DSC07827.jpg

For the MOC thread:

DSC07829.jpg

Bgg2K.jpg

Pokemon HeartGold (new). Quite a search for it, as most stores have ditched it already. The website of the game store even said they didn't sell it anymore, but I managed to find one.

Ban Puncher

vsqxs.jpg

Got all this today. Lego was on sale, almost half price, and found F-Zero X and Unirally for 2 bucks each. Rhythm Paradise is my swan song to my Wii but what a way to go out.

Bird of Prey #1 and #2, felt like a new series and I've heard good things.

Not pictured - boss haircut or too many Steam Sale purchases.

thebeeks

Banned
Yesterday a couple friends and I went to the flea market looking for some games and I ended up with a surprising amount of stuff.

This was really cool. At first the guy didn't want to sell it to me. But after a couple minutes of looking through it he offered it for $20. The hand drawn maps of various games are so cool. Maybe now I'll play through Zelda 1 again.

After we decided that we would buy this guide book he gave us a ton of old Gamepro magazines for free. Reading through this some of this stuff has been amazing and hilarious.

And that not all, on top of all that stuff he also gave us a free Game Gear in pretty good condition, as well as some games.

ONPG! My cousin gave me his back in the 90s when he was going off to college. Love that they managed to misspell Nintendo on the very first page.

Tess3ract

Banned
Unfortunately you're not supposed to post pictures of weed because "it's not family friendly"

thats what I was told anyways.

sikkinixx

Let's pick-up update:

I always wanted to collect these books, so when I came across a sale on Astérix books...I got a little carried away:

DSC07820.jpg

DSC07818.jpg

Fantastic :) I Love Asterix books. My dad and I often chat about them and laugh like crazy just mentioning some of the gags.

7590291390_3763b62999_c.jpg

New typewriter. A lovely Canadian made (*small patriotic tear*) Smith-Corona Galaxie. Much better than the Brother Activator I got some months back. All metal, compared to plastic. I'm always amazed at the amount of shit going on in this things. A peek inside reveals a maze of springs and levers.

7590296304_bba39ef92c_c.jpg

It even has the warranty card still taped into the bottom of the case. Bought December 1971 at Eaton's.

WEGGLES

Waiting to grow the balls to make a particularly large purchase, but this is today's hall. Also posted on the Nexus 7 thread:

http://i.imgur.com/4IzTn.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SaZSN.jpg[IMG][/INDENT]

Ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon recently... waiting for all of it to arrive, so expect more pictures in the near future.[/QUOTE]

It was this post that made me realize the bezel of the device on the box maxes a 7, for nexus 7. I feel really dumb for not seeing it sooner.​

jbug617

Banned
Ax7_yxrCEAAoOZy.jpg

Fist of the North Star Vol 1-4 (Complete Collection)

Other picks up for the month
Oreimo
Ninja Gaiden 3
FF: Theatrhythm
Spelunky
Persona 1 and 2 on PSN

BOTEC

KAFdA.jpg

So, like there are games on this Android thing, right?

Also, this came today:

kaEQv.jpg

Time to dust off the olde CRT.

Gameboy415

Money's been really tight this month, but I picked up some cool stuff dirt cheap over the last few days:

1207-Books1.jpg

Found all of the graphic novels & the Far Side book for $0.79 each at Goodwill! :D

1207-Games2.jpg

PS3 - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - used the $30 off @Gamer coupon and a $5 Reward Zone certificate and got it for $4.99! :D

I wanted to get Need for Speed: The Run too (which was on sale for $4.99 today), but apparently every copy at every store in my area got put on hold for in-store pickup orders overnight. :(

Coconut

Banned
Money's been really tight this month, but I picked up some cool stuff dirt cheap over the last few days:

1207-Books1.jpg

Found all of the graphic novels & the Far Side book for $0.79 each at Goodwill! :D

1207-Games2.jpg

PS3 - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - used the $30 off @Gamer coupon and a $5 Reward Zone certificate and got it for $4.99! :D

I wanted to get Need for Speed: The Run too (which was on sale for $4.99 today), but apparently every copy at every store in my area got put on hold for in-store pickup orders overnight. :(

What the fuck? only thing i ever see at good will is suits that belonged to a guy who is probably dead.

Really bad pic, but the Late Ozu Eclipse set from the Barnes and Noble set. Amazing movies! Now I gotta get the Silent Ozu set.
8VO7Z.jpg

Top Bottom