• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

FHIZ

I got this cutie:

claptrap_display.jpg

Do you find that the stand really sucks? I lightly touch mine, and it can fall over.

isny

napkin dispenser
The only problem is that I don't want to play them until I get a 3DS XL, but I'm not letting that stop me. (Currently enjoying SM64DS & GTA:CW)

Oh, and I also got Kirby Superstar Ultra but it turned out to be a bootlegged copy and is not deserving of the picture

Good choices on titles. Not criticizing, but I think Mario 64 is also bootleg.

Zajora

Good choices on titles. Not criticizing, but I think Mario 64 is also bootleg.

Thank you, and hah, I thought for a second as well but I'm pretty sure it isn't. It came with the Club Nintendo pin and it works on my 3DS. (Kirby worked on my DS Lite, but not my 3DS)

The box art really is that fake looking.

9170.jpg

Complete with lens flare and text glow.

Pappasman

Yesterday a couple friends and I went to the flea market looking for some games and I ended up with a surprising amount of stuff.

This was really cool. At first the guy didn't want to sell it to me. But after a couple minutes of looking through it he offered it for $20. The hand drawn maps of various games are so cool. Maybe now I'll play through Zelda 1 again.

After we decided that we would buy this guide book he gave us a ton of old Gamepro magazines for free. Reading through this some of this stuff has been amazing and hilarious.

And that not all, on top of all that stuff he also gave us a free Game Gear in pretty good condition, as well as some games.

GuA9l.jpg

Got Walking Dead for 20 bucks due to a signage error at Best Buy. The vanilla version was supposed to be on sale for that price, but they had their sign in front of this one. I called them on it and got the sale price. Regularly 50 bucks.

Y55ds.jpg

Also got the digital version of what may be the sleeper game of the Vita launch. This game is fantastic.

Bii

Official Nintendo Player's Guide

Wow, nice pickup. I remember seeing one a few years back for $10 in decent condition but passed it up. *kicks self*

7578929178_89b39ae3e2_b.jpg

My little San Diego Comic-Con 2012 haul. I only attended Thursday but it was worth going for one day than none at all.

Player 1 Men's Medium Tee, Player 2 0-6 Months Onesie, Penny Arcade Mug and Sticker Set. Penny Arcade. $40
Lightsaber Chopsticks. Kotobukiya. Luke Skywalker & Darth Maul set. $20
Black Widow Bishoujo Statue. Kotobukiya. Covert Ops Version. $60
Marvel vs Capcom: Official Complete Works Hardcover, Strider Hiryu sketch by Long Vo, and Vampy photo print. Udon. $100
Awakard Turtle Plush. Nice Guy/Wong Fu Productions. $25
"Perfect Order" Tee. Super7. $25

In addition to those items that I bought, I also got posters of Kirby's 20th Anniversary and Pokemon Conquest from Nintendo's Gaming Lounge, an oversize bag (Vampire Diaries...meh), Epic Mickey 2 pouches (I wanted the Oswald ear caps they were giving out but they ran out right before I could get one), among other little trinkets not worth mentioning. One of my friends couldn't attend SDCC so I bought him a D-Arts Mega Man X Vile action figure (not pictured).

7578928930_674b1284f4_b.jpg

$250 in Amazon Gift Cards.
Best Buy was running their 100% bonus trade-in on video games last month so I took in a number of my old games and took advantage of it. I converted my Best Buy gift cards to Amazon and still have some $7.XX left on a BB gift card. I'm going to use most of this Amazon credit on upcoming 3DS games/baby stuff.
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. Nintendo 3DS. Bonus styli and sticker set. $29
Hey, this game is fun. I'm glad I started to play this before heading to SDCC as I received dozens of dark notes. I'm only 10 hours in but still have a lot of things to unlock.
Pokemon Conquest. Nintendo DS. $27
Some mechanics of the game isn't quite clear but I'm enjoying it so far. This is definitely one of the better Pokemon spin-off games.
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes. Nintendo 3DS. $25
The Amazing Spider-Man. Nintendo 3DS. $19
I bought both LEGO Batman 2 and Amazing Spider-Man at Toys R Us with their "purchase two select games and take $30 off" deal. I basically bought LEGO Batman 2 (which I was going to get anyway) and got Spider-Man for free.
Pokemon Rumble Blalst. Nintendo 3DS. Bonus preorder pin set. $25
Actually bought this off a fellow GAFer last month. I held off buying Pokemon Rumble Blast for the longest up until I saw the game on the B/S/T thread along with the preorder pin set. At that price, I couldn't pass it up.
9x Kid Icarus: Uprising Series 2 Booster Packs.
Got these for free at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge at SDCC. I spent a good hour or so obtaining all of those booster packs. I was going to go all out and get as many as I can but my significant other was ready to call it a night. Basically, for every Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer match a person plays or a singleplayer chapter session is completed, they'll give you one booster pack. I asked the volunteer there if I could play another session or two to get more cards and he tells me "I'll give you a pack for every match that is played, so you can play it for a few hours and I'll give you a pack after each play session." I ended up with nine boosters in total (my girlfriend got two for herself since she played two matches with me). Nintendo just needs to start selling these boosters in stores.

mblitek

82QIxl.jpg

Also, Upgraded my Drobo to a Drobo-FS. 6TB of storage.

Why did you pickup the FS instead of the S? To me I would think the S would be better because of all the faster connections and then just set it up as a SAN through my computer.

Is that possible with a Drobo? I'm really curious as to why you picked yours, what you use it for etc.

Thanks!

Ramblin

Banned
Yesterday a couple friends and I went to the flea market looking for some games and I ended up with a surprising amount of stuff.

This was really cool. At first the guy didn't want to sell it to me. But after a couple minutes of looking through it he offered it for $20. The hand drawn maps of various games are so cool. Maybe now I'll play through Zelda 1 again.

After we decided that we would buy this guide book he gave us a ton of old Gamepro magazines for free. Reading through this some of this stuff has been amazing and hilarious.

And that not all, on top of all that stuff he also gave us a free Game Gear in pretty good condition, as well as some games.

So jealous of your nostalgic pick ups.

Paper Fox

Do you find that the stand really sucks? I lightly touch mine, and it can fall over.

Yeah I did notice that. The hole at the back where the stand fits in is waay to shallow. Plus I actually had to put a very small bit of blu-tac on the inside near the wheel, because I noticed the wheel kept on rectracting when I tried to stand him up correctly. Can't notice it though, and it's a small price to pay to have something that looks so awesome.

stryke

I drew Casca from an anime called Berserk and got it signed by the voice actor Yuko Miyamura (more famous for Asuka in Neon Genesis Evangelion)

yfVLu.jpg

Been a long time lurker as a guest in this thread, so thrilled to finally be contributing at last after getting the green light on my account last week.

Anyways, most recent pickup was TFF.

uHILN.jpg

Not pictured: 16Mb memory card for GameCube to use for playing on Wii (particularly Twin Snakes).

Been a long time lurker as a guest in this thread, so thrilled to finally be contributing at last after getting the green light on my account last week.

Anyways, most recent pickup was TFF.

[pulled for a min to resize]

Not pictured: 16Mb memory card for GameCube to use for playing on Wii (particularly Twin Snakes).

You don't necessarily need to resize, if you put the image in a quote it will scale it down.

Why did you pickup the FS instead of the S? To me I would think the S would be better because of all the faster connections and then just set it up as a SAN through my computer.

Is that possible with a Drobo? I'm really curious as to why you picked yours, what you use it for etc.

Thanks!

I upgraded from the old school 2nd Gen Drobo. That was attached to an Old iMac that run shares from it. I got annoyed having to run and switch it on when I want to use it, or to keep the damn thing running forever with all the energy costs associated. This gets rid of a whole Mac I have to admin/turn on/patch. The fact I can now eBay this Mac is a big factor as well.

It's used mostly as a media storage box to stream to plex on my Apple TV /IOS devices.
You're right in saying the FW800 boxes would be probably faster, but the Drobos are all CPU limited anyway. I keep backups of steam games, my Aperture photo library & other backups of small files on there as well.

Initial tests I get roughly 26MBps write (260Mbps) and a higher read of 40-ishMBps. More than enough to stream stuff over. The speed is enough to stream 720p over "N" wifi without any problems, I don't really have any 1080p content so haven't tried that yet, but I'm pretty sure wifi would be the bottleneck. The backups just tick along so no real bother with the speed there.

This is just "on", more efficient, and does the job for me with a minimum of fuss.

Might upgrade to the Thunderbolt Drobo 5B or whatever they're calling it one day, but

A) that's not out yet and I needed one now
B) It's got thunderbolt on it. So that means it's going to be about a gazillion dollars.

All of this (desk from 2 weeks ago):

TaLK0.jpg

I like this setup. I regret switching my gaming PC to my main computer. Thinking about switching things up again and hooking my gaming PC back up to my TV.

Why do you have both a mouse and track pad setup? Also, is there good leg space under that desk?

upandaway

Why do you have both a mouse and track pad setup?
I have that too (only I put the trackpad below the keyboard). I just kinda switch between them unconsciously depending on the situation (like long reading/scrolling is better with the trackpad, but dragging is straight to the mouse).

Amagon

Got these movies last week from barnesandnoble.com when the Buy 2 get 1 free sale overlapped with the Criterion 50% off deal. Everything went better than I expected.

PiwU5l.jpg

Sideshow exclusive Empire Strike Back Boba Fett 1/6th scale figure (last pic is of the figure side by side with the RAH ROTJ 1/6th scale Fett figure):

ibpRTBYDxONciV.JPG

ibgBWK7nMMwtzH.JPG

ibfhHqhNQh45gd.JPG

inJ486fqsv0P.JPG

Couldn't believe that this was priced at about $77 shipped on Amazon.co.uk. Had to grab it for that amount. Hopefully won't have to upgrade for awhile now.

Photo1-e1342471550779.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
gonna be a big'n
:D
pileoshit.jpg

DC: Power Stone 2, Dynamite Cop!
powercop.jpg

Outtrigger(DC), Phelios(Genesis)
outphelios.jpg

SNES: Magic Sword, Blazeon
magicon.jpg

Legend(SNES), Warlords(Atari 2600)
legendofthewarlords.jpg

Atari 2600: Star Voyager, Night Driver
stardriver.jpg

Atari 2600: Adventure, Defender
adventuredefender.jpg

Atari 2600: Dodge 'Em, Asteroids
dodgeastroids.jpg

E.T. (Atari 2600)
dugupfromnewmexico.jpg

Beckx

Hi all. To celebrate my account getting approved, here's my haul (with bonus background paper from my son's Heroica game).

axkio67cqaaxuq.jpg

I've only peeked inside the Valken box, and ran screaming. Been a very long while since I put together a model kit that required cement.

Got some stuff over the weekend.
DSCN09052.jpg

SPP was at a great price and the little one loves it.
DSCN09072.jpg

Love playing as the Waddle Dee. Enslave was better that I thought it would be.

Top Bottom