• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Kagami

No English subs on K-ON!, though it does have Japanese subs, which is rare on TV releases.
distantmantra said:
Air had subtitles, as does the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Movie Trilogy box set.
Also the Utawarerumono TV BD box set (not on the recent singles re-release and not on the OVA), the upcoming Ghost in the Shell SAC TV releases in September have I believe both English subtitles and an English audio track, and Full Metal Panic had English audio though not subtitles, if I recall.

Also Tenchi Muyou BDs do, I think?

Bragarb07

Neo Member
ps3xat.jpg

bluk.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What version of Planet Earth is that? Anyway, newly purchased:

SJNrrFSWp.jpg

Also got this from a buddy, thanks a lot man :)

uokPkNhbd.jpg

HoTHiTTeR

July was my b-day month, so I happened to have a lot of nice pickups;

2hd8tas.jpg

Dell XPS16 w/ a 1GB ATI 4670 :D, smallville - twilight - fast and furious BluRays, Parts for my EX2 incl 8way gate and Bat Top (thanks 2 modchipman), MLB09 & Street Fighter 4 PS3, Wii Sports Resort.

28ckl77.jpg

Finally found a Stars & Stripes Giants hat in my size and decided to pick up its plain ol' brother too.

.hacked

nf9s6.jpg

Also put down a deposit for our wedding venue and booked the honeymoon flights (2 weeks, rome-paris-amsterdam) but won't be getting any use out of that till next year :D

kuYuri

Since I'm still as broke as ever, this is all I picked up, all from Goozex. I also got some digital download stuff, but I don't really post those.

DSC07314.jpg

So lots of pickups this July! Some people here got some great stuff. There are a few pics i did not get before I packed stuff up to move here in 2 weeks! Will post pics of them as soon as I unpack I guess.

So I was wandering around my local microcenter and I came upon this! For only $1.99 I picked up a copy for my room mate at college and was tempted to grab all 30 of them.
IMG_1028.jpg

Ordered text books and somehow the whole series ended up in my cart:D
IMG_1011.jpg

Some 360 games from gamestop and a sweet clearance deal at best buy, though i never cared to get the games will they were $5. Got the whole Rockband 2 kit also with the game for $30!
IMG_1014.jpg

Was stuck in a store with family :( And I came across this gem. $5 in a burlington coat factory??WTF
IMG_1017.jpg

Another sweet deal.
IMG_1019.jpg

Craiglisted most of these since i got a gamecube recently.
IMG_1022.jpg

I should have myself banned from some stores that offer b2g1f. And then the 3 on the side I got today with SF4 for $20!
IMG_1027.jpg

Needed a desk for my new place down at college. This one was a sweet deal from Target for only 80! No drawers though so i got the filing stand to go with it.
IMG_0830.jpg

Got another surprise from CL. Already have it disassembled for those who can tell what it is I just pulled the Anti Glare layer from it for a project.
IMG_1003.jpg

And my project I have been planning and working on for awhile is very close to complete!
IMG_1030.jpg

That LCD is mounted on there. PC behind needs to be setup and that is my new HTPC and projector for my apartment next year 720p and under $100. I have had it running but making adjustments at the moment. Can post more pics later. It was nice watching TV on a screen 7 feet wide. But the colors are lacking compared to my samsung and westinghouse lcd's.

EDIT: Ok here is my zippo and a game that didn't make it into a pic. It says 20 but i only paid 10 for it with discount coupon and card.
IMG_1032.jpg

Didn't get pics of C&C3 Red Alert cause its packed.

MarkMan said:
*hugs TE owners*

You're the man Mark. First, you hooked me up with that interview for my assignment last year. Then you knocked it out of the park with the stick. Judging from Evo, the stick is like the Corvette of arcade sticks (and the only way to get a Ferrari is AIB, a private builder or BYO).

nyprimus2

HoTHiTTeR said:

Dell XPS16 w/ a 1GB ATI 4670 :D, smallville - twilight - fast and furious BluRays, Parts for my EX2 incl 8way gate and Bat Top (thanks 2 modchipman), MLB09 & Street Fighter 4 PS3, Wii Sports Resort.

[IMG]

Finally found a Stars & Stripes Giants hat in my size and decided to pick up its plain ol' brother too.[/QUOTE]
Nice laptop and hats.

MaximusNeo701 said:
Needed a desk for my new place down at college. This one was a sweet deal from Target for only 80! No drawers though so i got the filing stand to go with it.
IMG_0830.jpg

My wife had this exact same desk up until a couple weeks ago when I got her a new one on sale. I will say this, while that desk (yours) was easy to put together, the thing was a pain in the ass to take apart.

manofmandango said:
My wife had this exact same desk up until a couple weeks ago when I got her a new one on sale. I will say this, while that desk (yours) was easy to put together, the thing was a pain in the ass to take apart.

I already took it back apart. That was my test setup, it already packed up in the box. I thought it was pretty easy to get back together. Just fitting everything back into the box didn't work out on side has about a 3 inch bulge. But no biggie lots of tape.

tturunen

Neo Member
My first Pick-Up Post, and cheating already :)

The cheating picture:
From our Manga Cafe (owners: my gf and me):
wii.jpg

We didnt pick that up, Nintendo Finland did bring that to us :)

And some personal stuff:
heinakuunostot.jpg

Dragon quest wii was under 10euros, and ds games both were under 14euros.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Bought a lot of cool shirts lately! First one is from kineda and the second from Triumvir's new line...

3771379734_511090bc57.jpg

3770579747_3c43e2be26.jpg

3770580607_c1d3d9f45f.jpg

And we got those fightpads!

So I ordered Excitebots from Gamestop on Tuesday Afternoon/Early Evening. Thursday Morning and it's already arrived so time for a photo of the recent pick-ups.
IMG_1290.jpg

Klonoa should be there too but Play.com are unpredictable at the best of times.

IMG_1289.jpg

Thankfully Excitebots supports PAL60. What happens if it doesn't? You end up with the game looking like this unless you use the crappy quality composite cables (and even then you're not safe, the TV can't accept an NTSC signal you end up with it in Black & White)

First time posting in here \o/

Got these from the London Monster hunter gathering hall
2009-07-30134436.jpg

2009-07-30134339.jpg

T shirts a Medium no idea why it looks so wide :lol

4 Cardinal tetras to go with my diamond head tetras, you can also see my Bolivian ram "Evo"
2009-07-30134411.jpg

Sacred 2 for £5
2009-07-30134632.jpg

I also bought Tales of vesparia but it wont be here till tomorrow, BF1943 and monkey island but youve all seen those from others.

apologies for quality there taken on my Google G1 phone.

Just noticed the fish tank in a fish tank:lol tis the reflection of my other smaller tank on the other side of the room with my Betta fish.

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
Johnlenham said:
First time posting in here \o/

Got these from the London Monster hunter gathering hall
2009-07-30134436.jpg

2009-07-30134339.jpg

T shirts a Medium no idea why it looks so wide :lol

That looks like some killer boxart to me!

ngower

3772476622_5fca992821_b.jpg

A pair of component cables from Monoprice is in the mail. Will go back tomorrow (birthday and payday!) to grab another game or two. Thinking No More Heroes and Mario Kart.

Yes Boss!

ngower said:
A pair of component cables from Monoprice is in the mail. Will go back tomorrow (birthday and payday!) to grab another game or two. Thinking No More Heroes and Mario Kart.

No Resort? Man, that game is stately and relaxing. Prime example of Nintendo doing everything correct. Don't forget Galaxy!

Loxley

HoTHiTTeR said:

2hd8tas.jpg

Dell XPS16 w/ a 1GB ATI 4670

My brother's birthday was in July as well, he got that same laptop ;) Quite a sexay piece of hardware.

ngower

Yes Boss! said:
No Resort? Man, that game is stately and relaxing. Prime example of Nintendo doing everything correct. Don't forget Galaxy!

I actually planned on getting Wii Sports Resort on my way to the mall. However I figured cables from Monoprice, $20 for Super Monkey Ball and $20 for the Wii Points Card (so far I've gotten bit.trip.beat, really fun!) for just shy of $50 was more bang for my buck than getting a collection of mini-games (I know the same could be said of Super Monkey Ball).

I'll get it, but I want to get some games with long legs in them before I go after Wii Sports Resort. Keep in mind I've got to catch up on years of no Wii:lol

Yes Boss!

ngower said:
I actually planned on getting Wii Sports Resort on my way to the mall. However I figured cables from Monoprice, $20 for Super Monkey Ball and $20 for the Wii Points Card (so far I've gotten bit.trip.beat, really fun!) for just shy of $50 was more bang for my buck than getting a collection of mini-games (I know the same could be said of Super Monkey Ball).

I'll get it, but I want to get some games with long legs in them before I go after Wii Sports Resort. Keep in mind I've got to catch up on years of no Wii:lol

Yeah, the game is not going anywhere. Just M+ and all that. Oh yeah, don't forget World of Goo!

topofuji

Banned
Bragarb07 said:

Where did you import Aquanaut's from?? I've had mine on backorder from Play-Asia for a month now. The Asia (Chinese) version by the way (in full English).
You may have ordered a different version though, something is starting to tell me the Chinese version is out of production...:-\ (the same item is also halting shipment of Yakuza 3 and an extra white DualShock 3)

Also, where did you find the boxed version of Siren? The only one on Play-Asia is the "The best" (Greatest Hits) version and the normal boxed version is sold out.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
You bought the same shoes as me! :O :D You have great taste! :D :lol (where'd ya get 'em btw? :p)
JJB for £45!! That's exactly what I said to the missus - I bet they are the same trainers as johnny!! Lol

Top Bottom