• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yes Boss!

Bought the other three Gameboy titles up on the eShop. Loving these classic titles so beautifully presented! Never played Radar Mission before.

0eb5fb30.jpg

a11e6c62.jpg

95cf19fd.jpg

Remember I said I was done for the summer? I lied..

hauljune2.jpg

Killzone 2
The Sly Trilogy
Resistance 1 & 2
Move pack with Virtua Tennis 4
Navigation controller

The Move pack had a shelf price of £39.99 so Gamestation ended up having to sell it at that price. The RRP was £74.99 so I was pretty chuft about that!

Mithos

Gold Member
Beyond Good and Evil HD
4ts6U.jpg

PSN Voucher & Singularity (game was cheap at Gamespot today only $15/98kr)
tshWi.jpg

Chesskid1

Banned
8F3l5.jpg

i only own current gen consoles (sold off old ones) so last week i decided i wanted to get a retro console i used to own. i've already played a ton of snes/psx/ps2, nes too old for me + n64 boxes are really awesome and i haven't really played much n64. i decided on an n64 and all my stuff came today :)

i haven't beat any of those games, but i've played a few em. only got about halfway through oot. never played conker or banjo. there aren't many other games i want for n64 atm (will prolly get dk64 and that's about it), i will prolly get some sequels of the games in the pic if i really like the first one.

QJwfA.jpg

- Azumanga Daioh Complete
- AMD Radeon HD 6850
- 52 vol. 4

Just tried Witcher 2, and on my 6750, I would get about 20 fps on Medium. But with the new card, I get about 30fps on Ultra (sans Uber). Like butter.

Yes Boss!

JustAnotherOtaku said:
That's a shame :(

Yeah, just wrapped up Yakuza Of The End so gonna start into Child of Eden tomorrow :)
;-( Got a four day weekend then taking off for a massive roadtrip around europe, then 360s go in storage for a year. This weekend was my chance to give it a go. Sigh. Siver lining: will be $10 next year. Milky and Elliot are the only two 1Up alums that went to development whose work I'm actually interested in.

Chesskid1 said:
8F3l5.jpg

i only own current gen consoles (sold off old ones) so last week i decided i wanted to get a retro console i used to own. i've already played a ton of snes/psx/ps2, nes too old for me + n64 boxes are really awesome and i haven't really played much n64. i decided on an n64 and all my stuff came today :)

i haven't beat any of those games, but i've played a few em. only got about halfway through oot. never played conker or banjo. there aren't many other games i want for n64 atm (will prolly get dk64 and that's about it), i will prolly get some sequels of the games in the pic if i really like the first one.

That Conker's must have been a pretty penny...

Special J

Banned
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
So True bro...

2luru6e.jpg

all for a whopping $10. Some guy on craigslist was renovating and wanted it gone asap.
360 was originally white but I thought I'd have a litttle fun and paint it black..:)

YOU FILTHY FILTHY LIAR

isny

napkin dispenser
From a closing BBV in Canada. $5 each for Passchendaele, Christmas Carol, and Inglorious, and half off the sticker price on MK. =D

2czah5e.jpg

JackEtc

Forgot about this:

64Mfjl.jpg

I've had the PC version since day 1, but picked up the 360 version to play with a friend (her current laptop couldn't play it). Then, of course, her Xbox broke.

Playing with a controller is completely different, though.

BorndatascalP

Neo Member
Bought this black beauty last week. My old Xbox 360 just made to much noise and started having problems with reading discs. Bought a copy of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with it as well.

2vxm3jd.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
Bought the other three Gameboy titles up on the eShop. Loving these classic titles so beautifully presented! Never played Radar Mission before.

0eb5fb30.jpg

If anything this makes me want to track down some Game Boy games. I bought ye olde brick game boy about two years ago for the hell of it, but all I own is Tetris.

Fuck I wish there were retail stores that carried retro games.

Varnsen

Neo Member
DoctorWho said:
Has A Storm of Swords always been split into two? I'm just starting to read the books now.

I was wondering this as well, had to wiki it in WH Smith. :p

To date, A Storm of Swords is the longest novel in the series. It was so long that in the UK its paperback edition was split in half, Part 1 being published as Steel and Snow in June 2001 (with the one-volume cover) and Part 2 as Blood and Gold in August 2001 (with a specially-commissioned new cover). In France, the decision was made to cut the novel into four separate editions.

So yes, depending on where you live. :)

Ribbon

The Broken Ska Record said:
QJwfA.jpg

- Azumanga Daioh Complete
- AMD Radeon HD 6850
- 52 vol. 4

Just tried Witcher 2, and on my 6750, I would get about 20 fps on Medium. But with the new card, I get about 30fps on Ultra (sans Uber). Like butter.

Azumanga is a good series. I saw a collection a while back that came with a tadakichi plush and I reget not getting it :(

NewFresh

Caution Birthday Dump

100_3934.jpg

Delicious Carrot/zucchini cake my GF made
100_3957.jpg

100_3953.jpg

100_3954.jpg

100_3951.jpg

100_3949.jpg

Gamecube was given to me covered in gunk but with GB player :)
100_3948.jpg

100_3946.jpg

100_3945.jpg

100_3944.jpg

100_3943.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
95cf19fd.jpg

Radar Mission is a game few Nintendo fans have heard of. I got it in a bundle when nintendo was clearing out overstock from its US warehouse(mid 90's). Basically its a Battleship clone with some advancements. I had a ton of fun with it and I played it so much I inadvertently learned strategies for dominating battleship board game matches.

3f08835a.jpg

Picked up these goodies, just realised that I already posted Ridge Racer but I can't be bothered to take another pic :p

I haven't played The Dark Spire yet but it looks immense.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sagitario said:
Why are there 2 "A Storm of Swords" books?

Hes probably not from the US. It was split into multiple books in a couple other countries, not sure the reasoning behind it other than SoS being so massive.

Chesskid1 said:
8F3l5.jpg

All you need is Star Fox 64 and Majora's Mask and youve got pretty much every N64 game worth replaying, very nice haul!

It's a box of stuff from a hole in the wall thrift store for $80, also includes 2 gameboy games, Tetris and Kirbys Dreamland (not pictured) Viruta Cop 2 was inside the console
JunePikups115.jpg

more specifically Saturn stuff, never owned one before saw the Saturn Thread that was recently started so will look into it later.
JunePikups114.jpg

terrible cell phone camera need better phone
JunePikups116.jpg

Solar Eclipse, Die Hard Arcade, D, Black Fire, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Panzer Dragoon (which did not want to load at first),
Fighters Mega Mix, Tomb Raider, Alone In The Dark One Eyed Jacks Revenge, and Need For Speed

Also came with a free game gear that doesn't quite want to function hopefully a cleaning job will get it working
JunePikups111.jpg

From the amazon sale
JunePikups112.jpg

Top Bottom