• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Picked up some games that were cheap on Amazon.

Has anyone else noticed that The reprint of Zelda: TP runs smoother than it did when it came out? Maybe I am crazy... Also THANK YOU NINTENDO for not putting a stripe on the spine of the "Nintendo Selects" box art.

ded89239.jpg

Ledsen

-Oath said:
Because it was $5 mint and I wasnt opposed to adding it to my collection. Want to build a decent falcom collection.
Ill be getting I&II Complete soon.

Oh, ok. Awesome Falcom haul anyway! btw do you know why your Ys II Eternal doesn't actually say Eternal in the English text, only the Japanese?

-Oath

Ledsen said:
Oh, ok. Awesome Falcom haul anyway! btw do you know why your Ys II Eternal doesn't actually say Eternal in the English text, only the Japanese?
Thanks! Very happy I scored thyem all.
It actually does say eternal in the pic but its just in smaller letters and the quality of my picture is crap. The front top and back have it in bigger bolder letters for some reason.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
With the Zelda deals tomorrow, and a new round of ads, I might grab a few games tomorrow... so this is a quick catchup of my June purchases...

5764103851_d602e53127_z.jpg

5807220641_3e667d0174_z.jpg

5814460160_07a75f9a67.jpg

5813893029_af56e3e39b_z.jpg

5814463522_8a4e0e26be_z.jpg

(the memory card)

5813896027_353dc6b9a7_z.jpg

(the PS3 vertical stand)

5818896429_5c2d6c63e3_z.jpg

5828186398_068b874a11_z.jpg

5841394662_eeacb25a0d_z.jpg

5841397800_84c78a50c3_z.jpg

kikori

Neo Member
wolfgare said:
Nice, glad to see it arrived unscathed. Have you had a chance to watch it yet, and if so, what do you think? I'm always a little hesitant when someone other than Miyazaki directs, so I've held off on ordering a copy for myself just yet...

wowzors

Skel1ingt0n said:
With the Zelda deals tomorrow, and a new round of ads, I might grab a few games tomorrow... so this is a quick catchup of my June purchases

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the Nightmare before christmas statue?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Sagitario said:
I highly doubt it :p

Nice! <3 Jack!

How much was the vertical stand? I want to get one of those.

Thanks! I'm a *big* Jack Skellington fan... even though I'm not emo/goth/hipster/whatever, and I'm not even a huge fan of the movie. All my gamertags are Skel1ingt0n, and I have a Six foot tall plush standing behind my TV.

This particular guy was only $1.25 on clearance at Blockbuster!

... As for the stand. It's a Nyko and was only $10 at Best Buy. It said it was "carbon fiber" finished... but, um, yeah; it's definitely just jet black, lol.

20110601-PSPradiantred.jpg

A new shiny radiant red PSP-3004 since they're ridiculously cheap.

201106-pickup2.jpg

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (NDS)
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP)
The 3rd Birthday (PSP)
Short story and acoustic mixtape by Johnny Whitney
Contact (NDS)
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
Autobiography by Justin Pearson

Sagitario

Skel1ingt0n said:
Thanks! I'm a *big* Jack Skellington fan... even though I'm not emo/goth/hipster/whatever, and I'm not even a huge fan of the movie. All my gamertags are Skel1ingt0n, and I have a Six foot tall plush standing behind my TV.

... As for the stand. It's a Nyko and was only $10 at Best Buy. It said it was "carbon fiber" finished... but, um, yeah; it's definitely just jet black, lol.

High five! Me too! :D

a1m

Banned
Got this few months ago but haven't posted yet.

5636850175_4b53831b3f_z.jpg

Original 20GB US PS3. Now I can play all those ntsc-only PS2 games and watch region A BD's.

mintylurb

My June pickups so far..I have to pickup my pace since I haven't been buying many games lately.

Hulk destroy!
2mmheud.jpg

Goddang jaggies. I feel like they're more noticeable compared to the first game.
120r046.jpg

Picked up LA Noire for $25 (with F3AR). My first multiplatform release that I am buying on the PS3.

Also they had Henry Hatsworth for $10! I don't even have a DS and I had to pick it up at that price.

d1245cb6.jpg

9fe089c0.jpg

Biggest Pickup:
x71xF.jpg

Gabe Newells Autograph! Guess I will frame it. Would be perfect on my wall.

0E6L7.jpg

And some older CDs I bought at the beginning of June.

wolfgare

kikori said:
Nice, glad to see it arrived unscathed. Have you had a chance to watch it yet, and if so, what do you think? I'm always a little hesitant when someone other than Miyazaki directs, so I've held off on ordering a copy for myself just yet...

Thanks, I was too. And I highly enjoyed, even though I was worried myself about Miyazaki not directing. To me, it was better than the most recent released Studio Ghibli films (I liked it better than Ponyo and Howl's). Yonebayashi definitely has talent, such as the way he was able to contrast the human world to the borrower's world. The only real gripe I had with the film was that the music seemed off for some reason, there was not real connection between the music and the emotion of the movie like there usually is. But yeah, if you have the money, don't mind not having english dubs, and love Ghibli films, I'd say its worth the buy.

I guess I'll join in.

Expensive/busy month for me in the figure/statue collecting game. Also added plenty of Blu-Ray's and games and I just ordered the following PC parts:

Corsair Obsidian 800D
Intel 2500k Quad Core 3.3ghz Sandy Bridge CPU
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0
Western Digital Caviar 1TB, 7200RPM 64MB Cache HDD
Intel 510 Series (Elm Crest) 120GB SSD Drive
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W Power Supply

On to the pictures...

Balrog/Gandalf Diorama from Sideshow:
5m9wm9.jpg

18inch Pinhead figure from NECA:
2wq8gwl.jpg

Hot Toys 12inch T-1000 Movie Masterpiece Figure:
29uoxzd.jpg

j0jg4l.jpg

Batman and Green Lantern art print from Sunny Lee I just got at the Philly Comic-Con:
2d00vly.jpg

30s84yb.jpg

Finally, various BD's and Games:
e8nwg4.jpg

bender

What time is it?
I'm going to try and make it past the first few hours of Ocarina of Time for the first time. The 3DS graphical updates are nice.

eKkKE.jpg

Skel1ingt0n said:

That Jack head knocker was actually only 69 cents at my blockbuster.

I got three Tron Legacy diecast keychains instead, and two of the big Nintendo Wall decals. (I regret not buying all of 'em)

Rubius

JQih1.jpg

otIKu.jpg

The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 3D : Look awesome from what I played. Way more Dynamic than the N64 Version. Also : I GOT THE CD =D
The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 3D - Strategy Guide : Look really complete to me. Picked for Artwork and 100% reason.
Donkey Kong:Look really fun, only played until 1-5 but it does look really really fun.
Super Mario Land:Never got to play this classic series from the Gameboy.

Also on a related note, I did about 2 hour of survey and I got to Platinum with the Club Nintendo. Bought the Tote Bag and Messenger Bag.
Will post picture when they get here =)

Side Note about Ocarina of Time : Why the hell do Quebec have to ruin every god damn cover with "You can play this game in French" and on the back, have a duplicate of every warning in French and English.
This pretty much ruin the cover, when you get 2 inch of warning and 2 inch of art work.
PS: I'm French Canadian from Quebec.

UnGwB.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

archnemesis said:
20110601-PSPradiantred.jpg

A new shiny radiant red PSP-3004 since they're ridiculously cheap.

That. Is. Gorgeous. :-o Awesome pickup! How much and where, if you don't mind me asking.

That'd go really well with my 25 anniversary DSiXL. But, I love my camo Big Boss PSP, and I can't justify having two.

... Anyhoo, my pickups today:

5850925634_ebe183142a_z.jpg

Thhhhhank you, Best Buy! I snagged all those games for a little over a hundred bucks.

And Ocarina of Time deserves a glamor shot! ;p

5850377857_bdb2cc6e9b_z.jpg

It's better than I could have ever hoped! It's perfection of perfection, IMO.

And I guess I should consider myself lucky:

5847972824_12681cff39_z.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

Rubius said:

Can you tell me how many pages that guide is?

Amazon has a guide listed, but I want to be sure it's not the BS "pocket guide" that Walmart is selling.

Thanks!

EDIT: And can someone tell me how to "multi-quote" on this board, so I can get multiple replies in a single post? Thanks!

I've been looking to get one of these for awhile now and hit upon it at a swap meet today for a damn good price. It's a little sun-baked but still looks cool.
IMG_3881.jpg

daffy

Banned
moop2000 said:
I've been looking to get one of these for awhile now and hit upon it at a swap meet today for a damn good price. It's a little sun-baked but still looks cool.
IMG_3881.jpg
d...do...do you sit on it?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
a1m said:
Got this few months ago but haven't posted yet.

5636850175_4b53831b3f_z.jpg

Original 20GB US PS3. Now I can play all those ntsc-only PS2 games and watch region A BD's.
Yo I'm in Canadian NTSC land.. but I get how cool that must be. You have access to the entire NTSC PS1/2, library, you have Region free PS3, Region A Blu-ray and Region 1 DVD... and because of HDMI, I imagine it works on your PAL HDTV just fine.

Top Bottom