• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Posted in the Setup thread but quite a bit of this stuff is new...

ufGfc.jpg

New stuff would be the desk, chair, HDTV, inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition and Outland.

Nymerio

Got myself a fancy projector, 100 inch screen and new AV Receiver.

Mitsubishi HC4000

2v2i453.jpg

Screen:

242ts75.jpg

Receiver:

2uglwmw.jpg

Plus a new keyboard. I have a Razer Black Widow at work but this one is just so much more awesome:

Das Keyboard:

14ul4dg.jpg

Nymerio

ergo said:
I'm fucking obsessed with this series now. I want these books! Awesome show on HBO!

Is this just the first book or something else entirely?

It's the first book. In some territories each book has been split in two parts. ie Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Snow and Storm of Swords 2: Blood and Gold.

RedSquare

Just picked up a Sony PVM-20M4U rgb monitor for $50 from original purchasers who used it very little. It's the absolute best CRT I've ever owned.

LCD's wish they had a contrast this nice

IMG_20110617_212315.jpg

PS2 with custom RGB cable
IMG_20110617_212157.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^ Nice man! Congrats!!!

By the way.. is UVic still overrun by bunnies?

BocoDragon

opticalmace said:
Unfortunately no, they shipped a whole bunch of them to Texas earlier this year. :\
wut?

It was better than killing them, but..

wut?

They were the cutest pests ever :(

BocoDragon said:
wut?

It was better than killing them, but..

wut?

They were the cutest pests ever :(
Yeah I know. :\ I still see some around here (I'm a little ways off the university) and a bunch of deer, but UVic isn't the same without them. I got out just in time, new students starting this fall will never know what they missed.

TxdoHawk

I saw this like five pages back and had to comment because nobody else did:

Solideliquid said:
B-day gift for my girl

izZ8Bl.jpg

Wow. I'm guessing those aren't CZ, that must have cost a small fortune. (I would personally be mega-paranoid about wearing a watch with that much rock on it.)

MedIC86

TxdoHawk said:

Wow. I'm guessing those aren't CZ, that must have cost a small fortune. (I would personally be mega-paranoid about wearing a watch with that much rock on it.)

Not to bash or anything, but what i've seen on the site MK watches aren't that expensive ?

dc89

16atpj7.jpg

The 3DS I already had but it was only right I took a shot of Zelda turned on. The 3DS is sat on a DSi sock that I got from the Nintendo Club store. Ordered it a while back, came the other week.

TxdoHawk

MedIC86 said:
Not to bash or anything, but what i've seen on the site MK watches aren't that expensive ?
Oh, I guess you're right, looking now. I just kind of saw all those diamonds(?) and assumed.

MedIC86

TxdoHawk said:
Oh, I guess you're right, looking now. I just kind of saw all those diamonds(?) and assumed.

Yeah its a nice watch, but not a 50K+ one what is normal with so much diamonds ;)

BocoDragon

opticalmace said:
Yeah I know. :\ I still see some around here (I'm a little ways off the university) and a bunch of deer, but UVic isn't the same without them. I got out just in time, new students starting this fall will never know what they missed.
..least we have the memories. I wasn't even a student, but I used to live in Vic so I know. Anyway, congrats on the big accomplishment. I'm jealous :)

Mithos

Gold Member
Coldsnap said:
That is a strange looking TV
sikkinixx said:
Looks like an HD Tube. My uncle has a 26" Toshiba one. Only does 1080i but a lot of games look really really good. Weighs about half a tonne though.
Upsidedown Fuji said:
It's an HD CRT TV. My friend had a similar one to that. Friggin heavy but with a beautiful picture.
It's a Philips 32PW9551/12 to be exact, if you want to check it up. And yeah it's HEAVY.

dc89 said:
The 3DS I already had but it was only right I took a shot of Zelda turned on. The 3DS is sat on a DSi sock that I got from the Nintendo Club store. Ordered it a while back, came the other week.
But but.. I can't afford a 3DS. Goddammit.

How is everyone liking the new Zelda game? I haven't bought a 3DS yet, but if it's good I may have to look into picking one up next time I am home.

thebeeks

Banned
GLTCH.jpg

Found it at the ol' used movies/games/vinyl store. Missing an AC adapter, but that shouldn't be too hard to come by. It kinda looks like the Saturn uses the same one as the Playstation 2.

thebeeks said:
GLTCH.jpg

Found it at the ol' used movies/games/vinyl store. Missing an AC adapter, but that shouldn't be too hard to come by. It kinda looks like the Saturn uses the same one as the Playstation 2.
Nice pickup. Loving the Saturn gets this month. And yes it uses the same AC cable as PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, 3D0, PS3slim, etc.

thebeeks said:
GLTCH.jpg

It definitely uses the Dreamcast power cable so you can keep it in the family and those are plenty easy to find.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Took advantage of the Buy 2 Get 1 free used game sale at gamestop:
The Saboteur
Tales of Vesparia
Mirror's Edge

sorry no pics, no camera and my phone's camera is useless.

LiK

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Posted in the Setup thread but quite a bit of this stuff is new...

ufGfc.jpg

New stuff would be the desk, chair, HDTV, inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition and Outland.
I love your posters

wolfgare

Got this in the mail today..

photo-1.jpg

Luckily for me the contents weren't damaged at all ;P

photo.jpg

Time to get my Ghibli fix.

Pickup not shown: Infamous 2, my brother took it to a friends house with him.

-Oath

Bought a couple of these things over the last couple of months but w/e.

100_3789.jpg

All came in a package yesterday.
Legend of Heroes VI: Trails in the Sky First Chapter & Second Chapter
Ys Origins
Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim
Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand
Legend of Heroes III: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch
Legend of Heroes IV: Tear of Vermillion
Legend of Heroes V: Cagesong of the Ocean
Idk or care, came free with Ys V.
Ys I: ETERNAL
Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished. The Final Chapter
Ys III: The Oath in Felghana LE with complete music boxset

100_3791.jpg

Ys II Poster
Custom case modded black and white DS Lite
Dingoo A320
Black 3DS
Case modded black white PSP 2000

100_3795.jpg

My setup with my new desk

100_3796.jpg

My new iBUYPOWER gaming rig.

AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz
4 GB RAM
64bit
ATI Radeon HD 5570

Espo83

2011-06-18_14-27-01_347.jpg

Got a few good things this month. Mostly clearance items.
$92 PSP from Sam's
$5 PSP case from Walmart
$7.50 For Tatsunoku vs Capcom
$15 dollar Vanquish

New phone. Looking forward to trying some tegra games on it, big upgrade from my OG Droid.

Yes Boss!

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Nice one. One of the very best DS games IMO. Loved playing though it.
Can't wait to play it! My the art is so good. Loved the first and this one seems to be even better. Gosh, eurofolks sure get screwed on DS pricing. Game was €39.90...about what it would have cost to import it.

Zeth

IMG_0273.JPG

Not pictured: PS3. Eating up every moment of the 12+ hours I've put into Demon's Souls in the first few days of having it. And already adding to my new PS3 backlog...

IMG_0272%202.JPG

Arkham just arrived this morning thanks to the Amazon lightning deal that was posted here yesterday. New Marware case for my iPad 2.

iPhoneography by the way

KrayzeeGloo

Neo Member
First post in a pick-up thread. :D
My haul from Free RPG Day this morning:

SWB8U.jpg

I also finally managed to track down a copy of this in excellent condition. It's been waiting for me at one of the local GameStop's since Wednesday and finally had a chance to pick it up while I was out this morning. Besides the case being a little worn (easily swappable, stickers are on the case itself) and there being a little ware on the manual cover, it looks fantastic:

Y6vd1.jpg

Ledsen

-Oath said:
Bought a couple of these things over the last couple of months but w/e.

[IM]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u304/Ninjaice15/100_3789.jpg[/IMG]
All came in a package yesterday.
Legend of Heroes VI: Trails in the Sky First Chapter & Second Chapter
Ys Origins
Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim
Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand
Legend of Heroes III: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch
Legend of Heroes IV: Tear of Vermillion
Legend of Heroes V: Cagesong of the Ocean
Idk or care, came free with Ys V.
Ys I: ETERNAL
Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished. The Final Chapter
Ys III: The Oath in Felghana LE with complete music boxset

[IG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u304/Ninjaice15/100_3791.jpg[/IMG]

Why Eternal instead of Complete?

-Oath

Ledsen said:
Why Eternal instead of Complete?
Because it was $5 mint and I wasnt opposed to adding it to my collection. Want to build a decent falcom collection.
Ill be getting I&II Complete soon.

TxdoHawk said:

LOL no it's a $300 watch, she loves it. Still a great present for a girl I think especially birthday - we've only been going out 6 months so no diamonds yet yo!

Top Bottom