• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Kyaw said:
New phone next to my old phone :)

samsung-galaxy-s-iidiw1.png

wow, what a huge step up!

JimmyBoy said:
Best pickup month for me ever in my life.

http://i.imgur.com/3HEk5.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/opm0p.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3iFQs.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/suZjE.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Mind telling me roughly how much this cost so I can feel depressed about housing prices in my area?

Ledsen

Solemn Nomad said:
Yeah, I like it. I do need to pick up a wrist rest and mousepad though.

Wrist rests aren't good for your wrist. You shouldn't be moving your hand while resting your wrist on something, the nerves get squeezed and you're one step closer to carpal tunnel. (sorry if you already knew this)

Solemn Nomad

Neo Member
Ledsen said:
Wrist rests aren't good for your wrist. You shouldn't be moving your hand while resting your wrist on something, the nerves get squeezed and you're one step closer to carpal tunnel. (sorry if you already knew this)
:O Well you've scared me out of getting a wrist rest.

dc89

Wormdundee said:
Mind telling me roughly how much this cost so I can feel depressed about housing prices in my area?

It's a sweet house. But when he posts back I will tell you how much a similar house would cost in the UK, then you can feel depressed for all of UK-GAF.

Ledsen

Solemn Nomad said:
:O Well you've scared me out of getting a wrist rest.

By all means buy one, just don't rest your wrist on it while moving the mouse :) It can still be comfortable to have one.

117hi6g.gif

Check this link out:

http://ergo.human.cornell.edu/cumousetips.html

Don't use a Wrist Rest - research has shown that using a wrist rest doubles the pressure inside the carpal tunnel, because the floor of the tunnel is a more flexible ligament that transmits external pressure changes directly into the carpal tunnel (the roof of the tunnel is bone so the pressure doesn't get transmitted on through the hand). Indeed, one test for carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), know as Tinel's sign, simply involves tapping on the palmar surface of the wrist, which is enough to cause tingling and numbness in someone developing CTS.

JimmyBoy

Wormdundee said:

258,000. Asking price was 289,900

I thought Massachusetts had some of the highest prices around - though this is in one of the more affordable areas.

JimmyBoy said:

I thought Massachusetts had some of the highest prices around - though this is in one of the more affordable areas.
South Shore or North Shore? or somewhere else?

JEKKI

arrrrrgh!!! Im $1800 in credit card debt and only got $1000 to spare in payment!!

that didnt stop me from picking up these!!!

0NQc5.jpg

JimmyBoy said:

Lol, I'm about to buy my first own place and it will cost a little bit more than what you paid, for 585 sq ft.

Yay Vancouver.

dc89

JimmyBoy said:

So that's around £161,000. Bargain.

@wormdundee: I'm guessing it's at least 3 beds possibly 4 so I'm gonna say with that double garage you'd be quite lucky to pick that up for anything around £220,000.

:(

Hawthorns said:
Bought a new bookcase today, all of my excess manga had just been in a box for about a year. Here is the updated manga library :D

It's been said, but you have an awesome collection right here! I don't know why, but a large group of organized manga just looks cool to me.

Yes Boss!

Been cruising around europe and stopped at the Tintin Museum outside of Brussels...a must for any Herge fan, with hundreds of original pages on display. Picked up a cool large resin Rocket at the store. Iconic!

d398a166.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Octorockin' said:
I don't know why,
manga's probably the only book medium that tends to decorate the spine and even play out scenes across multiple volumes. most books just slap a portrait of the main character on them

Paracelsus

Uxle1.jpg

Got it from a friend for much less than the real value because box is borked and so on, the thing works perfectly though. =o

Yes Boss! said:
Been cruising around europe and stopped at the Tintin Museum outside of Brussels...a must for any Herge fan, with hundreds of original pages on display. Picked up a cool large resin Rocket at the store. Iconic!

d398a166.jpg

That is great and expensive!

Long time reader, first time poster. This was always my favorite thread, so I figured what better place to make my first Neogaf post

SuperChexx2.jpg

SO much fun. Loves me some bubble hockey! My wife will be painting the players to be the Red Wings vs Stars.

Can't wait!

JohnnyPhatsaqs said:
Long time reader, first time poster. This was always my favorite thread, so I figured what better place to make my first Neogaf post

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Phatsaq/SuperChexx2.jpg[IMG]

SO much fun. Loves me some bubble hockey! My wife will be painting the players to be the Red Wings vs Stars.

Can't wait![/QUOTE]
Bubble hockey is one of the reasons why I miss arcades. I had so much fun on the USA/USSR bubble hockey machines growing up.

lol. I almost bought a Stiga table until I found a deal on this Super Chexx I would kick myself for passing on. These things are usually around $3,000

JohnnyPhatsaqs said:
lol. I almost bought a Stiga table until I found a deal on this Super Chexx I would kick myself for passing on. These things are usually around $3,000

How much was this one? and how much would it be without the deal?

moop2000 said:
How much was this one? and how much would it be without the deal?

I paid $1500 this past Saturday. Used ones in great condition vary anywhere from $1500 to as high as $2500. They're expensive, but last forever. Replacement parts for EVERYTHING are available from the manufacturer's site. What's awesome is, they started making these in 82 or 83. The SAME mechanical parts are still being used in current manufacturing.

That's how you know something was made right from the get go

Borman

woodsey1982 said:
Stock photo?

My god.... They'll eat you alive!!!

RE:M 3DS impressions?

Not a stock photo, I just took it. Fancy cameras = nice photos ;) Thanks for the complement though

First impression: Game looks pretty amazing.

Manp

this showed up in the mail this morning

€15 from zavvi. too bad the disc was bouncing inside the box so it's a tiny bit scratched but it works (was able to install do hdd with no issues) so it's not a big deal.

:)

JohnnyPhatsaqs said:
I paid $1500 this past Saturday. Used ones in great condition vary anywhere from $1500 to as high as $2500. They're expensive, but last forever. Replacement parts for EVERYTHING are available from the manufacturer's site. What's awesome is, they started making these in 82 or 83. The SAME mechanical parts are still being used in current manufacturing.

That's how you know something was made right from the get go

Thanks for the info. It's beautiful.

Wormdundee said:
Lol, I'm about to buy my first own place and it will cost a little bit more than what you paid, for 585 sq ft.

Yay Vancouver.
Yeah, f Vancouver. The market here is insane
I just sold my place (just a bit bigger than the one pictured) for $601,000.00. Langley, BC you so crazy.

KorrZ

Ue1kI.jpg

New iPhone 4 White! Sorry, no picture of the phone itself, using it to take these pictures. Game of Thrones of course, couldn't help myself after watching the show and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (couldn't resist $19.99 new for such an amazing game)

Paracelsus said:
Got it from a friend for much less than the real value because box is borked and so on, the thing works perfectly though. =o

Pick-up of the forever. Enjoy one of the best games ever made.

Gvaz said:
Aww yeah, the proud owner of $160,036,850,000,001 Zimbabwe dollars

0627182359sjdu.jpg

Gonna get some frames for this
I don't get it.

One trillion Zimbabwe dollars is like 2.6 million Canadian.

Also why on earth would you have a trillion dollar bill?

Top Bottom