• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

mr stroke

632d93e1.jpg

27315e54.jpg

Each 25 Cohiba Esplendido box is around 1000$

I've bought it for 50€.

So good

Accoun

zNwa4.jpg

Mrucy.jpg

Music:
-Earth Crisis - Neutralize The Threat
-Sick Of It All - XXV Nonstop
Movies:
-Appleseed
-Casshern
-Cyber City Oedo 808
-Gunslinger Girl (US release - polish one was most likely as bad as Melanholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya relased by the same company)

Also, inb4 the dusty laptop/bad picture quality. I know (goddamn laptop collects probably all of the dust from my room, especially since it's broken and not used) ;_;

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
zNwa4.jpg

Mrucy.jpg

Music:
Movies:
-Appleseed
-Casshern
-Cyber City Oedo 808
-Gunslinger Girl (US release - polish one was most likely as bad as Melanholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya relased by the same company)

Also, inb4 the dusty laptop/bad picture quality. I know (goddamn laptop collects probably all of the dust from my room, especially since it's broken and not used) ;_;

How's Casshern? I'm templed to get that movie.

smr00

Banned
Thanks for the heads up, picked one up myself at that price.

It's been a very Playstation month for me; Picked up a PS3 at the start of the month with:
Valkyria Chronicles
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Yakuza 3
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record
Rage
Atelier Totori
EA Active 2 (was only $10 for the whole kit new, so what the hell. Tried it this morning and actually got quite a decent workout out of it, I'm going to try sticking with it.)

...In addition to the months of free PS+ stuff I'd been queueing up from my account on my previous roommate's PS3.

Oh and I also bought Tomba and the Marvel Avengers Pinball Pack yesterday. Game overload!

Gamestop has the blue, Walmart has the red, and Best Buy has the silver.
Wouldn't it of made more sense for GS to get the Red? and BB or Walmart get the blue? when i think walmart or BB i think blue, when i think GS i think red/black.

First Games:
uhArK.jpg

Dragon's Dogma (360)
Asura's Wrath (360)
Max Payne 3 (360)
Shadows of the Damned (PS3)
Saints Row 1 & 2 bundle (360)
Driver SF (360)

Then toys:
PXkyM.jpg

The first two rows I got this month. Mostly Super Heroes except the middle 3 in the second row which were yard sale finds.

/edit: sorry about the pics being huge.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I know there are a few things I'm forgetting; but I can't for the life of me remember what. In any case, I'm cleaning and snapped some pics of my recent pick-ups.

Some watches; I love all three of them. The Orange Monster with the Maratac band looks absolutely stunning in person; and it's so comfortable.

7417310416_b35fb44f25_z.jpg

7417307682_6e0ff5afba_z.jpg

7417313240_d8a5a5bfd5_z.jpg

Also picked up Max Payne 3 (PC), Starhawk (PS3), and the Spiderman Blu Ray for $12 since it comes with a free ticket to The Amazing Spiderman. Also found two shirts from Express I liked on clearance - the purple in the pic and a grey one just the same which is in the wash.

7417299706_f7c0144d9b_z.jpg

And I finally tracked down an absolutely mint issue of this old EGM, which was printed with my favorite MGS advertisement, ever. I plan to have this matted and framed later this summer:

7417304378_133af6c077_z.jpg

mandiller

My pick-up. I'd always wanted one and it was finally on sale. I used to have a yellow GameBoy Color that I loved to pieces when I was young, so it's only fitting I complete the journey.

7hEsc.jpg

7xJLa.jpg

cGegL.jpg

Soul Beat

Music:
Movies:
-Appleseed
-Casshern
-Cyber City Oedo 808

Good man.

I need to buy that movie again.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
My pick-up. I'd always wanted one and it was finally on sale. I used to have a yellow GameBoy Color that I loved to pieces when I was young, so it's only fitting I complete the journey.
I'm so jealous. America got all the garish colors.

MarkusRJR

7hEsc.jpg

7xJLa.jpg

cGegL.jpg
Looks gorgeous. I was thinking about getting one to play DS games on. I've been using my 3DS to play DS games lately and everything looks so small and blurry. How do you like it, and was it worth it?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm so jealous. America got all the garish colors.

Psh... The Super Mario 25th Anniversary one is gorgeous. I love mine!

6527957711_2025ed1b63_z.jpg

That said, the yellow is sexy as hell, too!

Rich!

Looks gorgeous. I was thinking about getting one to play DS games on. I've been using my 3DS to play DS games lately and everything looks so small and blurry. How do you like it, and was it worth it?

For 2D sprite-based DS games, the DSi XL is by far the greatest way of playing them, hands down. No other system comes close. Chrono Trigger is incredible on that thing.

smr00

Banned

7hEsc.jpg

7xJLa.jpg

cGegL.jpg
Where can i buy this Yellow DSI XL?

I really REALLY need to pick one up but the only colors i can find is that shitty burgandy and bronze, i know a blue one is out there but not locally sadly and i don't want to spend $150 online for a blue one, totally would for a yellow one because that XL is fucking sick.

mandiller

Where can i buy this Yellow DSI XL?

I'm in Australia and we have yellow, blue, red, bronze and burgundy from the colours I have seen in store. The DSi XL normally still retails for $AU249 and it was on sale at Target for $AU139 (in case in AusGaffer is interested).

I've really been tempted to get one.

Well so was I. All I was waiting for was a sale. I say if you see it on sale, go for it! I've been playing some games on it now and it is awesome. It's hard to convey how huge it is. The screens are massive and great to look at.

Here's some more envy shots:

phB0l.jpg

2Ot5c.jpg

KCOQb.jpg

AVScd.jpg

ZerotypeX

First Games:
uhArK.jpg

Dragon's Dogma (360)
Asura's Wrath (360)
Max Payne 3 (360)
Shadows of the Damned (PS3)
Saints Row 1 & 2 bundle (360)
Driver SF (360)

Where can one get a monitor stand like the one shown here?

Really wished the states got the yellow Dsi XL, would've picked that one up instead of the blue one I have now

rykomatsu

house_2.jpg

closed today!

Starting restoration and renovation in a few weeks to gradually (a few years lol) bring it back to a classic american craftsman/foursquare look inside and out with some modern home automation hopefully :)

Where and how?

A friend of a friend went to Cuba a few weeks ago and he brought three boxes of these little babies.

I don't want to know how did he manage to get them. They're a bit rough, so I'm going to have them in my humidor for a long time before I can taste them.

Leonsito

I'm in Australia and we have yellow, blue, red, bronze and burgundy from the colours I have seen in store. The DSi XL normally still retails for $AU249 and it was on sale at Target for $AU139 (in case in AusGaffer is interested).

Well so was I. All I was waiting for was a sale. I say if you see it on sale, go for it! I've been playing some games on it now and it is awesome. It's hard to convey how huge it is. The screens are massive and great to look at.

Here's some more envy shots:

phB0l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2Ot5c.jpg[/img
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KCOQb.jpg[/img
[img]http://i.imgur.com/AVScd.jpg[/im][/QUOTE]

I have that same yellow XL, it's beautiful, also, it's built like a tank.

Yes Boss!

Have not had my 360s or wifi for over a year. So I finally caught up on all the big releases. Strange new dashboard for 360! For less than $50 I got:

Guardian Heroes
Radiant Silvergun
Sine Mora
Fez
Sonic CD
Apple Jack 2

Pretty amazing set of games!

564f9bcf.jpg

4d1cb8d1.jpg

Westraid

Bought early June, but still. Really enjoyed playing this game. I will never get over how cute the Majin is wtf.
594381041.jpg

Ordered yesterday, arrived today. I've seen the TV series, but ashamed to say I've never read the books. Season 2 ended almost three weeks ago, and I just couldn't take the wait anymore.
soiaf.png

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
A friend of a friend went to Cuba a few weeks ago and he brought three boxes of these little babies.

I don't want to know how did he manage to get them. They're a bit rough, so I'm going to have them in my humidor for a long time before I can taste them.

There are a lot of fakes out there, they're always cheap!

Still, those look genuine, so I think you're OK. Enjoy!

MrJames

Belkin power center
Oppo Blu-ray player - Retiring my PS3 from movie duties.
Denon 4311 receiver - New model is coming in a few months so this is getting discounted nicely right now.
Breaking Bad S3 and S4 - Blew through S4 in last few days. Holy shit at that ending.

ljmmP.png

Still waiting on my Galaxy S3 from Sprint.

MarkusRJR

For 2D sprite-based DS games, the DSi XL is by far the greatest way of playing them, hands down. No other system comes close. Chrono Trigger is incredible on that thing.
Oh fuck me. I was planning on buying a DSI XL today but Nintendo announced the 3DS XL last night. Which should I get...? :(

Top Bottom