• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

sarcoa

Usually I don't have much attachment to any of promotional stuff pr sends out, but this, oh this...

7442072912_322c041a9f_b.jpg

apparently mailed out a few months ago but I picked it up from our mailing address just the other day.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Genesis: Forgotten Worlds, Wings of Wor
forgottenwor.jpg

Sega CD: Dracula Unleashed (the acting is lol worthy), Double Switch (like night trap but with mobsters)
draculaswitch.jpg

also bought some component cables for the wii my tv didnt have any av hook ups so now i can play those gamecube games ive been buying

Mantrox

Earlier than expected, my turbografx 16 Arrived!
The delivery guy was kinda crazy though, cutting traffic with a huge van on a tiny road..

Brand new PAL version NTSC compatible.
IMG_20120625_192531.jpg

Brand new accessory pack.
IMG_20120625_192541.jpg

The console with the europe bundled game, "Blazing Lazers" no keith courage but ill get it soon enough, or even better, Bonk's Revenge.
IMG_20120625_192743.jpg

Blazing lazers is kicking my ass, but i haven't played a shmup in quite a long time.

Edit: :X huge images damn you photobucket not saving my resize.

Mantrox

The problem i have is finding a reasonably priced cd add-on, the prices and condition of them just don't match.
On e-bay i just find 2-3 listings were they ask 250 euros for one in horrible condition.

This version plays NTSC region games but if what you need is a pc engine, thats another story.

These, brand new, are pretty cheap atm in europe 50Euros+P&P.

Man.. Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.. i can only dream.. too expensive :(

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I've been big into PC Engine for about 3 years now. And buy that, I mean I know exactly which games I want to buy and I think the system's probably sweet, but I have not bought the system, nor any games, nor have I played a PC Engine at any point in my life.

But I really want to get crackin'.

I am inspired, sir.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I'm in the same boat. I've been wanting a PCE for ages but never could bring myself to pull the trigger. I have a ton of Super CDROM games though: ys 1-4, dracula x, cotton, winds of thunder..the works. Playing them on emulators to tide me over so far, but one day I swear I'll have the machine itself. :)

Danny Dudekisser

I'm in the same boat. I've been wanting a PCE for ages but never could bring myself to pull the trigger. I have a ton of Super CDROM games though: ys 1-4, dracula x, cotton, winds of thunder..the works. Playing them on emulators to tide me over so far, but one day I swear I'll have the machine itself. :)

Yeah, I'm thinking about buying the games I want (which, interestingly enough, are all CD-based) and playing 'em on an emulator. At least for the time being. Not sure how accurate emulation has gotten by this point, though. It's kinda tough to justify, though, because there are only like... 5 games I even want.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
yeah got these last year but in order to play em i need both the turbografx 16 and the pc engine both go for stupid amounts still nice to have these in my collection though :D
nothingtoplaythemwith.jpg

edit: KITTY!

my "for-the-fuck-of-it" purchases:
HU6Zg.jpg

USSR lenin coin (hey why the hell not lol)
calvin & hobbes comic
^both were from a garage sale i saw on my way to get a morning coffee

metroid prime trilogy (saw it at gamestop so i said fuck it and copped it. haven't even played it and probably won't for a while)
super mario all-stars (just for that one future day i feel nostalgic for smb3)

and the king louie was supposedly the best indica they have. i'll have to judge for myself soon enough :)

Sativa is actually better than indica......unless you have sleeping issues.

As a new member, I have some catching up to do for the month!

IMG-20120625-00006c.jpg

Art Books: Persona 4, Etrian Odyssey 3, Luminous Arc, Eternal Poison, Makai Kingdom
Games: Mirror's Edge, Lollipop Chainsaw, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Metro 2033, Pokemon Conquest, Gravity Rush, Resistance: Burning Skies, Gungnir

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
About freaking time. The most expensive piece of paper I'll ever own. I actually graduated last May (2011); but because of difficulties that are way to long to bother with here, I just now got it today.

Bachelor of Journalism from the University of Missouri.

7443996906_e2d5ca6bb6_c.jpg

Also picked up some games this past weekend (though I think I already snapped StarHawk in my last post, sorry).

7436691176_a25cffa7b4_c.jpg

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Yeah, I'm thinking about buying the games I want (which, interestingly enough, are all CD-based) and playing 'em on an emulator. At least for the time being. Not sure how accurate emulation has gotten by this point, though. It's kinda tough to justify, though, because there are only like... 5 games I even want.

yeah got these last year but in order to play em i need both the turbografx 16 and the pc engine both go for stupid amounts still nice to have these in my collection though :D
nothingtoplaythemwith.jpg

Try Ootake. Extremely accurate. Better than MagicEngine from my experience.

ooo do i need to download bios for it as well?

Yep, need the system rom plus the files for CD-ROM and Super CD-ROM2. You're on your own for that one. Legally you gotta dump them from your own machine.

Danny Dudekisser

Yep, need the system rom plus the files for CD-ROM and Super CD-ROM2. You're on your own for that one. Legally you gotta dump them from your own machine.

I'm a lawyer, and I think they can actually suck my dick.

I'm buying the games, that's good enough for them.

barrin87

You may wanna fix the image/quote tag (since it's my photo and all), but no problem. I saw enough people on Tumblr posting and figured why not, it's quite the in-joke from the movie.

At least you can tell who's seen the movie and who hasn't lol. That and it's just a great conversation piece I think.

I tried buying Shawarma and the restaurant had stopped selling it! My coworker thinks it's a conspiracy...

Fox Mulder

just some stuff that came in recently...

MccqN.jpg

Mr Gimmick reproduction NES cart
Tengen Tetris cart, sooo good.
Super mario all stars + Super Mario World cart
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat
Castle of Illusion complete
Revenge of Shinobi complete, the first version with the batman boss and rambo baddies.

Kwixotik

A gift from my lady. It's pretty shitty as far as special editions go, but it looks nice and is one of my favorite movies, so I'm very happy to own it on blu-ray.

img_20120625_213313pglw3.jpg

Cupcake!
80dc1f45.jpg

Key Lime Pie flavored:
70c697bd.jpg

Cupcake frosting: cream cheese with lime, cupcake filling: Key Lime curd, cake: vanilla with lime & bottom: graham cracker

Tennis:
d3e761f7.jpg

dreamfall

It's been awhile since I've posted!

Retail, Nikestore.com- still can't really believe it.
ykdAk.jpg

Games to play for awhile + down in the Treme!
r1Uzd.jpg

JustinSane

Neo Member
I have to ask: what is all the fuss about with these sport trainers you folks keep showing? A bit cheap looking to say the least.

contribution time! (not sure how big these will show up)

some vids
100_1159.jpg

Avengers! not complete yet, hawkeye and black widow not out yet.
100_1156.jpg

unopened stuff
100_1158.jpg

Finally managed to find the last wave of these guys
100_1157.jpg

I have to ask: what is all the fuss about with these sport trainers you folks keep showing? they look horrendously tacky.

the majority of the reasoning is that Nike makes limited quantities of the shoes and then a hype mentality sets in and becomes rampant in the states.
The shoes above, the Air Yeezy 2 (Kanye West branded Nikes) were limited to a couple thousand and tend to resell for around 12x what they go for at retail...

mainly people buy them to resell to make a profit - this recession in America has created a generation of hustlers LOL

JustinSane

Neo Member
the majority of the reasoning is that Nike makes limited quantities of the shoes and then a hype mentality sets in and becomes rampant in the states.
The shoes above, the Air Yeezy 2 (Kanye West branded Nikes) were limited to a couple thousand and tend to resell for around 12x what they go for at retail...

mainly people buy them to resell to make a profit - this recession in America has created a generation of hustlers LOL

ahhh I see now. A good little money maker.

Top Bottom