• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

CrankyJay

Banned
Samsung Galaxy SIII plus a white cover.

i0gv18u1Em8Lf.png

ibnojpaThikr7P.png

That is sexy as fuck.

haikira

A ton of pick ups this past month.

3D Dot Game Heroes and Demons Souls are the two that are using reversible covers.

I still have a couple more things coming in later in the month (maybe early July) and a PC upgrade this Saturday.

The Good, the Bad, the Weird. Niiiice.

photo6um.jpg

Finally Building my first PC! Received the bulk of my parts today. Hopefully the CPU will arrive tomorrow and I'll be set!

My Build-
Coolmaster Haf 912- About $50 Best Buy but got it free with reward zone credits
Coolmaster Hyper 212+ - $28, Best buy
AMD 965 Black Edition (not in pic, will be getting it tomorrow)- $82 from Superbiiz
PC Power and Cooling 500W PSU- Should be $48 after rebate (thinking about returning it and getting a 600 Watt PSU, what do you guys think?)
Sapphire Radeon 6950 OC Edition +BF3 +Dirt 3- $180 after rebate and coupon
AS Rock 970DE3- $66- only had to pay $16 with gift card
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 Ram- $43
Seagate Momentus XT 500GB- $70 after coupon

So basically about $467 after coupons, rebates, rewards credits, and gift cards. Not bad right?

build stuff

Nice build, especially for that price. The only thing I'd change is that PSU. I never go below 600w, and normally stay at around 700w. It's nice to go above the requirements, as it leaves you room to upgrade in the future without having to disconnect power from everything in the case because you also have to upgrade your PSU. Also there is generally not much of a price difference unless you wind up going up to 1000w, which is overkill.

Nice build, especially for that price. The only thing I'd change is that PSU. I never go below 600w, and normally stay at around 700w. It's nice to go above the requirements, as it leaves you room to upgrade in the future without having to disconnect power from everything in the case because you also have to upgrade your PSU. Also there is generally not much of a price difference unless you wind up going up to 1000w, which is overkill.

yeah I was thinking about returning the psu and getting the corsair 650watt psu. the only thing that is stopping me that i might not receive it by friday. I do have shoprunner 2 day shipping though so ill try it.

Edit: Just chatted with Newegg and they are not going to charge me a restocking fee and even gave me a label to return the PSU!
Edit 2: Just went ahead and ordered the 600 watt version of the mk3 silencer. Hopefully it arrives this friday so i can finally start building!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
NES: Bionic Commando, Adams Family
bionicfamily.jpg

SNES: Outlander (Was a Mad Max game till they lost the license)
outlander.jpg

PS1: FF8, FF9
ff89.jpg

Genesis: Arcus Odyssey, Gauntlet 4
arcus4.jpg

Sega CD: Ground Zero Texas (awesome FMV lightgun game), Rise of the Dragon
groundzerodragon.jpg

GC: Star Wars Rogue leader
rogueleader2.jpg

NFreak

Just some random gaming pick-ups for me. I could have sworn I had posted Sakura Wars and Silent Hill Shattered Memories already in another pick-up thread but I couldn't find it.

rJBjy.jpg

Cw2Ux.jpg

73BmW.jpg

ThankeeSai

Enjoying both of these games a lot more than I thought I would and got me some Mario and Link PEZ type things.

games.jpg

Also some bargain trainers on an impulse buy

trainers.jpg

Abylim

photo1nzb.jpg

Pretty sure I picked Dragons Dogma and Prototype2 this month. The rest I know were june.

Friend bought me Resistance 3 and Enslaved for my birthday, the rest I bought for me!

Oh, I cant show the awesome Itouch 32gb my wife bought me.. (its taking the shitty pics )

EDIT: my try and retake that... looks horrible xD

iNvid02

finally bagged a white dualshock 3 to go with the chrome blue 360 pad

i actually want to boot up my ps3 and play now
KuGsj.gif

padsrwm79.jpg

jbueno

I had a NTSC-J copy, but I misplaced it so I thought I´d replace it with a local copy.

Great game. Wonder if that supposed HD port will ever come.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I had a NTSC-J copy, but I misplaced it so I thought I´d replace it with a local copy.

Great game. Wonder if that supposed HD port will ever come.

It's been more than 2 years since they announced it, and there's been nothing said since... so I think you're safe with this one.

Game is so, so awesome.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Just some random gaming pick-ups for me. I could have sworn I had posted Sakura Wars and Silent Hill Shattered Memories already in another pick-up thread but I couldn't find it.

rJBjy.jpg

good games here.

but iirc isnt Deus Ex better on PS3 and Alpha Protocol better on 360?

Yes Boss!

It doesn't, but you don't need the Motion Plus. Just a normal Wiimote is enough.

That sounds about right. If memory serves from a few years ago and the first release. Still, the new versions were my preferred way of playing. Can't wait to dig into number 2. In the minority but the first Pikmin was my favorite with the global time constraint. Can't wait for the third on the new Wii.

Eric Hall

0621121528.jpg

June Pick-Ups so far:

New pair of pants from GAP
Cards Against Humanity + Expansion
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (Blu-Ray/DVD)

Not pictured:
A clearance belt from GAP
A copy of the new Beach Boys CD for my dad
Beirut: The Rip Tide

grumpy

Xbg0v.jpg

Qrsz5.jpg

3 hours into Heroes of Ruin (solo) and despite its many flaws I find it to be a much more enjoyable game than Diablo D3. (don't shoot me)

NFreak

good games here.

but iirc isnt Deus Ex better on PS3 and Alpha Protocol better on 360?

I can deal with the minor differences between the two versions. To be honest, I bought these because they were the complete copies Gamestop had. I would usually buy stuff online but I had a buy 2 get 1 free coupon.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
PSP Go is now only $69.99 at Gamestop. I couldn't resist.
Thanks for the heads up, picked one up myself at that price.

It's been a very Playstation month for me; Picked up a PS3 at the start of the month with:
Valkyria Chronicles
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Yakuza 3
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record
Rage
Atelier Totori
EA Active 2 (was only $10 for the whole kit new, so what the hell. Tried it this morning and actually got quite a decent workout out of it, I'm going to try sticking with it.)

...In addition to the months of free PS+ stuff I'd been queueing up from my account on my previous roommate's PS3.

Oh and I also bought Tomba and the Marvel Avengers Pinball Pack yesterday. Game overload!
[re: Chrome 360 controller] where did you get that?
Gamestop has the blue, Walmart has the red, and Best Buy has the silver.

Top Bottom