• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
maskrider said:
MGS4 1st batch version (Japanese version)

june2008-2.jpg

june2008-3.jpg

I love the slick package with Snake's face. I almost wish the american version was like this.

LiK

neojubei said:
I love the slick package with Snake's face. I almost wish the american version was like this.

you can get the regular US version for old face. im glad the US LE uses the other artwork

Kuran

Banned
Can someone tell me if the soundtrack thats included with the Limited Edition is complete?

Because I also ordered the soundtrack from Yes Asia, and it would suck if I'd wasted my money on that...

P Blue Ribbon

Neo Member
Anyone have any recommendations on websites or retail stores in the US to pick up good action figures? I've seen a lot on here, and wanted to know where to get some.

i figured this was the best place to ask.

P Blue Ribbon said:
Anyone have any recommendations on websites or retail stores in the US to pick up good action figures? I've seen a lot on here, and wanted to know where to get some.

i figured this was the best place to ask.

I've gotten a bunch of my figures at bigbadtoystore.com

Oh, and regards to the install screen for MGS4 for the US version...all I'll say is that it's exactly the same - cigarette smoking and all... and the text shown during the installation are warnings/information. :D

atomico

Auron_Kale said:
Oh, and regards to the install screen for MGS4 for the US version...all I'll say is that it's exactly the same - cigarette smoking and all... and the text shown during the installation are warnings/information. :D

lol that's great news. thanks for the info, good sir

6 more days...

atomico said:
lol that's great news. thanks for the info, good sir

6 more days...

Not a problem and for the record, Snake goes through 3 cigarettes and starts up a 4th by the time the installation of the game is done... :D

FallenCow

Neo Member
Can't wait to see all the copies of MGS that people will be picking up. The one thing that bugs me though is, if the past is any indication, this is release of MGS4 is version 1 and of course there will be an newer and better version later- MGS4:Survival or some such thing. Doesn't it bug you to know that you may already be buying the inferior, not-as-collectible version?

Chorazin

FallenCow said:
Can't wait to see all the copies of MGS that people will be picking up. The one thing that bugs me though is, if the past is any indication, this is release of MGS4 is version 1 and of course there will be an newer and better version later- MGS4:Survival or some such thing. Doesn't it bug you to know that you may already be buying the inferior, not-as-collectible version?

I'm sure any add-ons will be sold through PSN first, and them maybe collected in a Greatest Hits or MGS4: Something edition later on.

Also, nothing is really collectable when there are millions of them.

FallenCow

Neo Member
Chorazin said:
I'm sure any add-ons will be sold through PSN first, and them maybe collected in a Greatest Hits or MGS4: Something edition later on.

Also, nothing is really collectable when there are millions of them.

Maybe collectible isn't the right word, but the revision copies are usually more valuable in the long run.

Neo Member
This came in today. Came out a lot better than I thought it would. I'm not crazy about the Sento-kun arm patch, though, so I'll probably remove that in the next one.
npmdqa.jpg

wjuec7.jpg

The Motoko figure came at the tail end of May, but a friend had my camera.
m7cnes.jpg

2ezs7jt.jpg

4trj20.jpg

29pdb2f.jpg

I'd at least be posting a pic of a MGS4 t-shirt I ordered from Hot Topic but the damned FedEx guy brought it to the wrong house apparently. :(

Edit: I guess whoever got it called FedEx cause one of their express vans just dropped this off:

:D
2008june03.jpg

Chorazin

2571701098_bcd1ccdfa7.jpg

I only really bought it because of the new Genshiken OAV on the disc, but hopefully the actual show is decent since I will be buying all three discs. I'm a huge Genshiken fan!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
x3n05 said:
Shitty phonecam pic but you get the idea.

mgs4.jpg

I only decided to get MGS4 recently and i wanted to get the LE, now im sad.

trancekr

Zyzyxxz said:
WTF you bought a Dinovo? Those things are expensive as hell for a keyboard...although sexy too.

Anyway how does it feel to type on it? I would imagine it has a good tactile response and is quiet, better be for $140.

also I just noticed on the box it says "World's Most Advanced Keyboard"

False advertisement, that would be the Optimus Maximus

Well, you can buy the "Edge" around $100 - 120.

Obviously, it feels more like a laptop keyboard. However, I have experienced some lag and signal drop.

neojubei

trancekr said:
Well, you can buy the "Edge" around $100 - 120.

Obviously, it feels more like a laptop keyboard. However, I have experienced some lag and signal drop.

You should have bought the diNovo Mini

But still awesome buys.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I bought the dinovo mini a few months ago, havent used it much yet but when ill play MGO thatll change most likely :D

neojubei

trancekr said:
Yeah, I know "Mini" is better. However, I bought that one for my PC not PS3.
So I guess I'm fine. :lol

>_< Sorry, Awesome nonetheless. I love logitech keyboards.

Zyzyxxz

neojubei said:
>_< Sorry, Awesome nonetheless. I love logitech keyboards.

Logitech stuff is the best, still miss my G7 gaming mouse which I handed down to my lil bro since it was too worn out to keep up with my gaming habits.

Struct09

Cool, I didn't know the LE case for MGS4 broke apart like that. Almost time for me to go get my copy (I'm living in the past on the west coast).

Top Bottom