• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT6| The Conversation is to Die for (Signups are now OPEN)

RetroMG

Pronoun: M
Timezone: Central
Preferred games: BloodBorne

Hi! Sorry, you *just* missed signups, but we're still accepting people to be replacement players, so if someone drops out, (and someone always does) you will be the first person we call!

*gauges Danny Phantom roster*

How... tepid

OFg22HT.gif

This will be easy

El Topo

You died in Love Boat, you'll die in Danny Phantom. Posting a GIF from that shitty Moses movie by Ridley Scott doesn't scare anyone.

Palmer_v1

Good news is I don't think anyone in Bloodborne harbors an irrational grudge for me.

Bad news is they probably have completely rational ones instead!

Also, BB won't start prior to this weekend right? I'm camping next weekend.

Ourobolus

Banned
01 [m] timetokill - New
02 [m] Catvoca - New
03 [m] tomakasatnav
04 [f] Wherearemahdragonz
05 [m] Kyanrute
06 [m] euphemism
07 [m] A Human Becoming
08 [m] Crab
09 [m] Retroid
10 [f] StackpoleH
11 [m] Dusk Soldier
12 [m] TheExodu5
13 [m] MattyG
14 [m] Ourobolus
15 [m] batsnacks
16 [m] SalvaPot
17 [m] AbsolutBro
18 [m] Barrylocke
19 [m] nin1000
20 [m] *Splinter
21 [m] Timeaisis
22 [m] Hyperactivity
23 [m] kingkitty

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't be playing. I sense resentment emanating from this list already.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Danny Phantom
01 [f] melonrabbit - New
02 [m] Bronx-Man
03 [m] SkyOdin
04 [m] Giant Panda
05 [m] StanleyPalmtree
06 [m] gryvan
07 [m] Flame_AC
08 [-] Enker
09 [m] Rats Off to Ya
10 [m] CrimsonFist
11 [m] TheWorthyEdge
12 [m] Trigger
13 [m] Xamtheking
14 [m] Royal_Flush
15 [f] StarSketch
16 [m] Ty4on
17 [m] Matt Attack
18 [m] El Topo
19 [m] CornBurrito
20 [m] Blargonaut
21 [m] ultron87
22 [-] Darryl
Assuming no changes...

This is gonna be fun!

Alright, schemers and stone cold blooded killers!

WE HAVE A TENTATIVE STARTING SCHEDULE

• Danny Phantom starts haunting Monday June 6, 2016
  • Bar opens to ID-carrying patrons on Tuesday June 7, 2016
  • Bloodborne revels in glorious 60 FPS on June 8, 2016

Get your weapon of choices ready~ \o/

gryvan

Danny Phantom
01 [f] melonrabbit - New
02 [m] Bronx-Man
03 [m] SkyOdin
04 [m] Giant Panda
05 [m] StanleyPalmtree
06 [m] gryvan
07 [m] Flame_AC
08 [-] Enker
09 [m] Rats Off to Ya
10 [m] CrimsonFist
11 [m] TheWorthyEdge
12 [m] Trigger
13 [m] Xamtheking
14 [m] Royal_Flush
15 [f] StarSketch
16 [m] Ty4on
17 [m] Matt Attack
18 [m] El Topo
19 [m] CornBurrito
20 [m] Blargonaut
21 [m] ultron87
22 [-] Darryl

whoever put me in the game with blarg I hate you so much :mad:

RetroMG

Let's take a quick moment to get a few Q's and A's out of the way, for our newcomers.

What is Outer Gafia?
In Mafia, various groups need to be able to privately discuss the game - The Mafia need to plan their strategies, and other players are sometimes allowed to discuss the game privately as part of their various roles. (Gossips, etc.) NeoGAF doesn't allow for us to create private threads that we can lock people out of. For the first three seasons, Gafia used a website called QuickTopic to host these side conversations, but the site was difficult to navigate, and it didn't allow for avatars or images. Outer Gafia was created as a separate board where these discussions could be hosted.

In short, if you are allowed to discuss your game outside of it's main thread, you will receive a link to a thread at Outer Gafia, and your account will be given access to that thread.

Outer Gafia is also where we host spectator threads, where non-players and those who have died in their games (and chosen not to become replacements) can gather to root for their favorite players.

Do I need an account at Outer Gafia?
Yes. We don't know for sure that you'll use it, but if you want to play, you do need to sign up for an account at Outer Gafia. If nothing else, you'll want it for the spec threads, which some players say is the best part of the entire Gafia experience. You can do that here.

Help! I think I have access to a board that I shouldn't be able to see!
1. Do not enter the board.
2. DO NOT ENTER THE BOARD.
3. PM RetroMG immediately on NeoGaf. He will either remove the access, or tell you that it's okay for you to be in there.
4. In the meantime, DO NOT ENTER THE BOARD.

Help! I don't have access to a board that I should be able to see!
1. Don't post about it in the main thread. What boards you do or do not have access to is a secret. Keep it that way.
2. PM RetroMG, and he will sort it out.

What is Discord?
Discord is an online chat room where you can mix and mingle with your fellow players. We also sometimes host Trivia, Live Mafia, and other games there.
Discussion of ongoing games is not permitted, outside of special spectator zones. (We do not currently know if spectator chats will be made for Season 6, and would love to hear opinions.)
We also host chats for players who want to connect in other games, like Dark Souls 3, Overwatch, or Final Fantasy 14.

Do I need a Discord account?
It's not required, but Discord is a lot of fun, so it's recommended. It is also usually the fastest way to talk directly to your gamerunner.

I HAVE DIED!
Yeah, that happens. Sorry. You were either killed by another player, or removed from the game during a town vote. You have two options now:
1. Join the Spectator's Thread
2. Wait to see if you can become a replacement for another game
If you join the Spectators, you will not be eligible to be a replacement in another game, and you will be given access to the Spectator's thread on Outer Gafia. This thread usually contains spoilers for the true identities of the various players in the ongoing games. If you choose to become a replacement, you will not be given thread access, and instead you will be given the option to replace a player in another game if they drop out. (For obvious reasons, you cannot be a replacement for a game you have already died in.)

Palmer_v1

:>

Bitte~

You have not quite truly GAFia until you are Blarged, as they say!

We need Gafia achievements:

Successfully completed a game with Blargonaut!

Banned mid-season!

Never been NK'd!

Posted too many GIFs!

Sent too many PM's to Moderator while flip-flopping on Night action!

Successfully completed a game with Blargonaut!

It will be hard for Blarg to top Star Wars for me. Day 2, trying to fake claim as the other undercover imperial while he was actually a role cop was just too hilarious for me (since I was the other undercover imperial).

SkyOdin

Danny Phantom
01 [f] melonrabbit - New
02 [m] Bronx-Man
03 [m] SkyOdin
04 [m] Giant Panda
05 [m] StanleyPalmtree
06 [m] gryvan
07 [m] Flame_AC
08 [-] Enker
09 [m] Rats Off to Ya
10 [m] CrimsonFist
11 [m] TheWorthyEdge
12 [m] Trigger
13 [m] Xamtheking
14 [m] Royal_Flush
15 [f] StarSketch
16 [m] Ty4on
17 [m] Matt Attack
18 [m] El Topo
19 [m] CornBurrito
20 [m] Blargonaut
21 [m] ultron87
22 [-] Darryl
Welp, I am partnered with three other people from the Matrix6 game. Stanley, Bronx, I hope there still aren't any hard feelings over my staggering incompetence. Flame, I hope you remember that I am never trusting you again.

nin1000

Banned
On second thought, maybe I shouldn't be playing. I sense resentment emanating from this list already.

I only feel bad that nobody wanted to follow camjo-z's plan to burn several player. Would have been cool. :3

Since I changed quite a bit since last game I do not feel bad about you. We will all have a good time and get along. :3

Darryl

Banned
i like the effort put into each of the line-ups to give them character. DP is shaping up to be unchecked madness.

nin1000

Banned
Welp, I am partnered with three other people from the Matrix6 game. Stanley, Bronx, I hope there still aren't any hard feelings over my staggering incompetence. Flame, I hope you remember that I am never trusting you again.
I still want that picture of you eating that 3DS.

nin1000

Banned
No hard feelings here Sky. Just try to enjoy the game and get eight the flow. Be like the sky.

High as hell

:3

Top Bottom