• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

Zubz

Banned
SHH! Don't talk about PopGAF! They lurk the boards and post Gaga .GIFs anywhere they see their name mentioned.

Swamped

Banned
Can i update my game preference? I'd like to be in the Vampire game, and the rest are equal.

I've been playing through Vampire the masquerade. I'm only at the beginning but It's really fun so far.

RetroMG

We're all in uncharted waters.

Uncharted Mafia is next season.
(It's not, but I'm sure someone's gonna start designing it now.)

Can i update my game preference? I'd like to be in the Vampire game, and the rest are equal.

I've been playing through Vampire the masquerade. I'm only at the beginning but It's really fun so far.

Yes, you can update your preferences by PMing me here or on Discord with your new preferences. This goes for everyone.

cabot

1. Please don't put me in Pop, for the love of god.

giphy.gif

Natiko

Banned
Just finished reading through one of the linked former games from this thread. Whew, that was a ride. Glad my first one won't be quite as complicated as that lol

Ty4on

Just finished reading through one of the linked former games from this thread. Whew, that was a ride. Glad my first one won't be quite as complicated as that lol

Harry Potter?

Volcano Island? :p

It's a little easier when you're playing and invested. You're reading in a day or two what people were posting over several weeks.

Natiko

Banned
Harry Potter?

Volcano Island? :p

It's a little easier when you're playing and invested. You're reading in a day or two what people were posting over several weeks.
Yep, it was Harry Potter. I can see the appeal though. There's certainly a large chance of running across a player with a role or being grouped in with random chaos you couldn't predict in advance. It was actually pretty exciting to just go through and see the twists.

Ty4on

Yep, it was Harry Potter. I can see the appeal though. There's certainly a large chance of running across a player with a role or being grouped in with random chaos you couldn't predict in advance. It was actually pretty exciting to just go through and see the twists.
I still have no idea what really happened there. All I know is vowels were rare and they had a dozen cops.
Not just when one loses, I'd argue big mistakes happen in pretty much every game :p

RetroMG

Harry Potter is one of the most complex games the community has ever played. That, coupled with some moderating issues, makes it one of the craziest games we've ever had. While we definitely have some complex games this season, none of them will reach quite that level of insanity.

Or at least, not based on the setups. The players, however, are another story all together.

Sophia

Harry Potter is one of the most complex games the community has ever played. That, coupled with some moderating issues, makes it one of the craziest games we've ever had. While we definitely have some complex games this season, none of them will reach quite that level of insanity.

Or at least, not based on the setups. The players, however, are another story all together.

Speaking on behalf of myself and Crimson, we assure you that Persona Mafia is a completely sane and logically thought out game. In no way is it secretly a super bastard game, and the complexity rating is definitely correct and not merely a lie to mislead you. We hope you enjoy playing Persona Mafia and will return for future trips into hell mafia games.

Not

Banned
If this is anything like IRL mafia, everyone's going to suspect me on the first turn, and I'm still never not a townsperson

Sophia

If this is anything like IRL mafia, everyone's going to suspect me on the first turn, and I'm still never not a townsperson

Well, the biggest difference between this and RL Mafia is that you're looking less at facial expressions (duh) and more at voting patterns and arguments being presented forward. Usually Day 1s tend to lean towards more inactive players tho. Unless you give yourself away somehow, which sometimes does happen (See: Mini Mafia) or town gets lucky.

nin1000

Banned
I mean it!
You guys are levelheaded and know how to deal with a bunch of situations and are hella fucking good at Mafia

well, some day you will reach that point.

Thats why we keep you in this community.

We hope that you will someday reach higher levels

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
if a lynch proof tanner gets mod killed, do they win the game?

Top Bottom