• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

So why are we still in OT?

OTC is the best board on GAF, and it needs to be filled with twenty different mafia threads on its front page.

We need as many threads as we can get

Also bwahahahahaaha at the end of Persona Day 1, shit that was tense.

A question to the other people in Persona, especially new players - how is it so far? (Don't be too specific, maybe talk generally)

Glad I got subbed in though, it seems to have helped the game's activity out. Tbh, after the hydra, I might just be available to play multiple games if necessary ynnny

the mod i asked to move us...may still be asleep (its barely 8 am local time at our timezones when i PMed him)

and yes, we are the best in GAF! \o/ but we can't strut! and we can't litter!

and lol ya that day end at Persona Mafia was intense :> I love day ends and day starts tbh

the adrenaline rush is what hooked me into mafia XD

AND NO MULTI GAMES, HYPERCHAN. one at a time. that's our self-determined rule! WE SHALL STICK TO IT rawwwwwwwwwwr

Verelios

A question to the other people in Persona, especially new players - how is it so far? (Don't be too specific, maybe talk generally)

Glad I got subbed in though, it seems to have helped the game's activity out. Tbh, after the hydra, I might just be available to play multiple games if necessary ynnny
Started out slow but I have a feeling activity will gradually ramp up. Day 2 is looking to be in-tense for example.

Fat4all

Banned
What about all Vanillas playing as CommunityForum, or whatever the guy's name is?

image.php

Natiko

Banned

I'm enjoying it. Was worried it would be hard to interact with the more experienced players due to the knowledge gap but that really hasn't proven to be the case. Only unfortunate thing is day starts and ends are while I'm at work so I'll generally miss out on those. Was only able to be there for the first day start because I had offsite training and it ended early.

I sorta want to make an attempt at revising the intro posts, because the info dump makes my eyes glaze over a little.

I'll tell you guys if I ever make it, but yeah

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
PopGAF needs an injection of .gifs to the arm, stat! As soon as I'm off MobileGAF, I shall drop the Wrassle.

PopGAF needs an injection of .gifs to the arm, stat! As soon as I'm off MobileGAF, I shall drop the Wrassle.

Alright, I'll go in, rip on all the trash singers you guys like or something, than one of you weirdos sent the post to actual popgaf, actual popgaf comes in and spams the thread, making sure it gets bumped a bunch, raising the activity level of popgafia

That, or you rename the thread

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAFIA OT I

To try and get an artificial number of bumps that way

Or maybe you guys play while using a shared playlist, and if it gets too quiet someone plays especially shit music. Everyone is required to have headphones on and have that playlist on so long as they are in the game

Or maybe they think the game hasn't started yet, given that you're actually in the thread. The other games don't see any crab, assume you've been banned and thus the games have begun, but pop mafia knows you're still around and that's messing them up :p

Too soon.

Off topic but I'm having trouble finding a good way to express myself after finding the perfect metaphor to describe how I feel about the election right now but no one outside of gafia would get it.

It sorta feels like going after the worst, like the alt-right, is like going after the ridiculously inactive in mafia. Yes they can be the cause of a lost game, but it's a fruitless endeavor

But because it's so limited I can't use it so often even though it fits so damn well.

Sorian

Banned
Off topic but I'm having trouble finding a good way to express myself after finding the perfect metaphor to describe how I feel about the election right now but no one outside of gafia would get it.

It sorta feels like going after the worst, like the alt-right, is like going after the ridiculously inactive in mafia. Yes they can be the cause of a lost game, but it's a fruitless endeavor

But because it's so limited I can't use it so often even though it fits so damn well.

Pop was the alt-right in final fantasy mafia, got it.

Hi all, new player here, is there still time to sign up for a game?

Sure! You are always in time to sign up as new player :>

You are the top of the replacement list, when another player drops, you will be able to sub in immediately :D

Can we get your prefered pronoun and timezone, btw? :D

acohrs

Sure! You are always in time to sign up as new player :>

You are the top of the replacement list, when another player drops, you will be able to sub in immediately :D

Can we get your prefered pronoun and timezone, btw? :D

pronoun: he
timezone: Dublin, GDT

cheers buddy

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

I just wanted to make sure this masterpiece was fully appreciated. Also, nights are boooooring.

Zubz

Banned

I just named my Punch Crab (Already forgot the name and afraid to look it up because I don't want to spoil the evolution) in Pokemon Moon "Crab Battler" because of this. I'm really surprised it fit, even with the space.

EDIT: Crabbrawler! I just remembered the name.

I think you hit submit reply too early, I don't see any of the flavor.

Fine, Pop Mafia is in night phase anyway.

The year is 2032.

In the US, Chris Evans has defeated Robert Downey Jr. in the presidential election, proving that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is all connected. EA recalls Madden 33 HoloVR after reports of gamers breaking furniture and walls. A boy in Japan is the first to complete the Galactic Pokedex. At E3, a Gabe Newell hologram announces Half-Life 6, the next entry in the best-selling series after Half-Life 1, 2, 4, and 5. Call of Duty: Prehistoric Warfare is the year's best-selling game.

GAF, formerly known as NeoGAF (because it's not new anymore) is the biggest gaming enthusiast forum in the world, yet its owner Evilore insists on skimping on server bandwidth and proper advertising, leading to the occasional worldwide outage and outrage. In an attempt to placate the masses, Evilore announces a splitting of the forum: one of Gaming, Gaming Community, Off-Topic, or Off-Topic Community will continue to exist on GAF, while the rest will be sold to other sites.

After much debate, bans, 3D gifs, and a server crash because Nintendo released another Breath of the Wild trailer, representatives from the four forums meet at a neutral undisclosed site to amicably decide on which subforum would continue on GAF.

---

"I have vague data from NPD and Digital Foundry that proves Gaming is the best forum for GAF," says Gaming.

Off-Topic looks around nervously. He's sweating profusely.

Gaming Community looks on in concern. "Are you okay?"

Off-Topic Community: "Don't mind him, he's in the presence of a girl." She smiles at Off-Topic. "I'm just being friendly though."

Off-Topic mumbles something about Thor.

Ignoring OT, Gaming Community turns to Gaming: "But we're inclusive. None of those holographic wars or mass bans when people port-beg."

OTC: "If you're talking about being inclusive, we're significantly more diverse than any other subforum."

Gaming: "But you have those mafia people who kill each other over and over again. So savage."

"Sounds like every 500v500 match in Prehistoric Warfare," OTC counters.

GC: "Hmm this debate might take awhile. Can we just agree that OT is out of the running?"

OTC hands OT a piece of paper. "Call me," she whispers. OT faints.

GAF Mafia (not to be confused with GAFia Mafia), coming soon

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
S8, I am running a Jojo game. It is decided.

Your next line is "NANI!?"

RetroMG

S8, I am running a Jojo game. It is decided.

Your next line is "NANI!?"

NANI!?

(TRANSLATOR'S NOTE: "NANI!?" means, "Submit a role spreadsheet for vetting before 7.5 ends, and let's do this shit.")
(TRANSLATOR'S NOTE 2: The Gafia translation department is accepting applications for a new Japanese to English translator.)

Sophia

NANI!?

(TRANSLATOR'S NOTE: "NANI!?" means, "Submit a role spreadsheet for vetting before 7.5 ends, and let's do this shit.")
(TRANSLATOR'S NOTE 2: The Gafia translation department is accepting applications for a new Japanese to English translator.)

(TRANSLATOR'S NOTE 3: "NANI!?" means "WHAT!?")

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Reserving a spot in JoJofia on opentable rn.

Top Bottom