• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

dorkimoe

Big Ass Ramp said:
The arc mouse is so extremely underrated. It is my favorite mouse of all time. Seriously. Not only is it easy to use, I think the design is top notch. I actually like the design of the arc over the magic mouse.

the explorer 3.0 the original with the big side button is my favorite of all time

the arc is amazingly comfortable, i have a hard time hitting the side button, but other than that i love it, it was on sale for 29

OwId7.jpg

skads_187

Proc said:
Amazing Canada 360 arcade sale.

Upgraded from a refurb component console to a jasper hdmi unit for $128. Considering a new wireless controller alone costs $49, that is a pretty amazing deal.

Got one also, awesome deal, except this is my first xbox unit. enjoy!

Woo! Pickups!

CIMG0074.jpg

My favorite Version of ninja gaiden. re-purchased as an impulse buy with store credit.

CIMG0073.jpg

Going to take a chance on it. I'm not brave enough to remove the shrink wrap yet, and I'm keeping the receipt.

CIMG0071.jpg

I love you best buy for sending this for $10. If I ever keep my 360 vertical, this is what I'll use. I have an SF4 one for the current positioning.

CIMG0070.jpg

This book is awesome. Even more awesome? Amazon sent me a $25 promotional credit because it was out of stock.

Then they shipped it. And it was only $15 to begin with! It's like getting paid to read! I haven't had that since BOOK IT

CIMG0068.jpg

Both were $20 at family video. was looking for tekken 6 too but no copies on sale there. Flashpoint is really good, and Saboteur is fun as well. Both well worth the asking price. Need to replace those eco-cases though..

CIMG0067.jpg

And my favorite Final Fantasy since part ocho! Wow! what a game!

I feel like I have too many 360 games. I'm kinda ashamed looking at my top shelf.

CIMG0076.jpg

So many cheap ones I've picked up recently.. I have to stop!

outsidah

A mix and match of things...

DSC01559.jpg

Boy and His Blob - Looked very interesting and Amazon was blowing it out for $16.xx
Yakuza 2 - Time to play this before I get into the third chapte
Tokyo Beatdown - Old school simple fun... with humor thrown in. Well worth the $15
FFXIII - Required materials
Battle Fantasia - Damn you goldbox
NSMB - $20 off with FFXIII purchase at TRU (Also got $13 GC for FFXIII)

DSC01557.jpg

Amazon love

DSC01556.jpg

GB Micro love! Big thanks to BiggyFries from here for the hookup on the new GBM Famicom.

cyclenut

Bii said:
That pizza looks delicious.

4430326188_2876e24f04_o.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII. PS3. $57.
Final Fantasy XIII: The Complete Official Guide. Collector's Edition. $18.

Can you still buy this guide online or in stores or am I out of luck? =(

DogWelder

SonOfABeep said:
Fantasy since part ocho! Wow! what a game!

I feel like I have too many 360 games. I'm kinda ashamed looking at my top shelf.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/SonOfABeep_photos/CIMG0076.jpg[/ IMG]

So many cheap ones I've picked up recently.. I have to stop![/QUOTE]
Haha, your shelf looks like it's going to collapse.

Bii

red shoe paul said:
Amazing Nudie pick up!

Stabby McSter said:
Hi-five on the SJ's. :eek:

*high fives*

VGChampion said:
Open the guide. Unless you want to sell it someday there isn't any reason to keep it closed. I open all my stuff. Opened some sealed WoW CE's just to look at the contents even though I can't activate them anymore. :lol

Yeah, I think I'll open it up eventually. I'm not much of a "collector" as I like to use everything that I buy.

schild said:
Nice. I just picked up a pair of dry jeans I can destroy (Cheap Mondays) and a pair of Naked & Famous Grey Weird Guys. I was going to get Nudies, but honestly, I wreck blue jeans, so didn't want to drop the coin on blues for that much.

Edit: I'm about 3 weeks into another pair of N&F Selvedge, but now that I have 3 pairs I can start cycling, which is nice. I went down two pant sizes recently so my entire wardrobe is becoming stuff that's way too nice.

I'm thinking of getting another pair as well, so I can rotate between the two. I might just stick with a different cut of Nudies.

Sora_N said:
Wow that's a damn good price, is it some sort of clearance or is it a sale? I've been looking for cheap copies of Katamari PS3 and Disgaea 3 PS3. :(

I ordered it from Amazon but they seem to be out of stock at the moment. It was also on sale at GameStop for $19.99; it's gone up to $39.99 though.

cyclenut said:
Can you still buy this guide online or in stores or am I out of luck? =(

You'd be hardpressed to find it online now unless you go the eBay route. I've seen some at my local GameStop but they're going for the $34.99 MSRP.

Ate a Morimoto's in Philly the other day...but my shitty phone's battery was dead, so I couldn't take any pics

Duck,Duck,Duck = awesome

cyclenut

Bii said:
You'd be hardpressed to find it online now unless you go the eBay route. I've seen some at my local GameStop but they're going for the $34.99 MSRP.

Kai Ozu said:
There were a few of them still laying around at a gamestop I went to today.

Thanks. I'll check out my local one tomorrow. :)

Edit: Had to go to a couple gamestops but picked up their last one. :D

pyros

desu said:
Are your liking your N900? If it wasn't that expensive I would get one too.
So far quite happy with it, latest firmware fixed the battery drain issue, yeah it's a bit on the costly side and the OS is still not ready for prime time, but I see it being more viable in the near future.

Gameboy415

Extra money + free time on a Sunday = lots of pick-ups! :D

1003Games2.jpg

OTOCKY for Famicom Disk System - Music/shooter from Toshio Iwai, AKA the creator of Electroplankton
Custom Robo for JP N64 - First game in the series
Little Magic for Super Famicom - puzzle-action game I've wanted for a while
YamYam for Super Famicom - shooter featuring giant birds I've had my eye on for a while
Doki Doki Panic for Famicom Disk System - Finally found a CIB copy for a decent price :)
Asmik-Kun World 2 for JP Gameboy - Japan-only sequel to Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World!
Hello Kitty World for Famicom - Balloon Fight-esque game featuring Hello Kitty
Speaker Grip Micro for GB Micro - only 280円!
Joy Mecha Fight for Famicom - Fighting game from Nintendo
Pu-Li-Ru-La for JP PS1 - Bizarre arcade action game

Wraith RazieL

Neo Member
I've always neglected purchasing any games for my n64 (I only really own 3 games...007 and Mariokart is all I needed!). Me and the wife had company over a few weekends ago and they were asking if I had any easy multiplayer games (I do not own a Wii) and that the women loved the 64 (since it was easy to handle with one analog stick!). So I started doing some research and I really have been missing out on some pretty good games. Decided to start my new hobby for March last week.
IMG00046-20100313-1622-1.jpg

Got more coming in future posts.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
pyros said:
So far quite happy with it, latest firmware fixed the battery drain issue, yeah it's a bit on the costly side and the OS is still not ready for prime time, but I see it being more viable in the near future.

I really would like to buy N900 but apparently Maemo is good as dead now that Meego showed up :mad:

I'm so tempted to get Pokemon now... I saw that post and ran to Amazon but it's too late to get it with the figures. =(

Did anyone order off of Amazon? How does release date delivery work with Nintendo's Sunday releases?

Ecto311

grap3fruitman said:
I'm so tempted to get Pokemon now... I saw that post and ran to Amazon but it's too late to get it with the figures. =(

Did anyone order off of Amazon? How does release date delivery work with Nintendo's Sunday releases?

Mine is showing up Tuesday. It shipped yesterday according to the site.

ngower

4432148087_78ab8cd60d_b.jpg

Batman: The Killing Joke (Hardcover) - $*
Batman: The Long Halloween (Softcover) - $20 *(included the other two trade paperbacks free)
Invincible Volume 4: Head of the Class (Softcover) - $*
Kick-Ass #5 and #6 - $10
Green Lantern #30, #31, #32, #33, #34, and #35 (Secret Origin Parts 2-7) - $15

Went to a comic convention locally today, was really small, mostly just vendors and artists, but it was pretty cool. I'd have bought more but I was trying to get out of there before I spent bill money.

I just wanted to post some new pics with a better camera. Like I said, still needs some work. Thanks to Toy Soldier, I ordered a degausser to fix the screen issue.

On a side note, do you know of any manuals for converting machines like mine to a MAME cabinet? Like hooking up the controls and monitor to the PC, software to use, computers to use, ect.?

hpim1605b.jpg

hpim1603.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
CoachKevin said:
I just wanted to post some new pics with a better camera. Like I said, still needs some work. Thanks to Toy Soldier, I ordered a degausser to fix the screen issue.

On a side note, do you know of any manuals for converting machines like mine to a MAME cabinet? Like hooking up the controls and monitor to the PC, software to use, computers to use, ect.?

I'm sure someone knows more than me about this, but I'm assuming you can get a pcb from a gaming controller and then wire it to the controls. You could then just plug the game controllers into the PC. This way you could still use the computer as a computer if you really wanted to.

No idea how to connect the monitor to the pc though.

Chairhome

^^ there's tutorials on arcadecontrols.com. You'll need a few items to do it, but once you get it working correctly, its awesome.

EDIT: regarding the above post, you need a custom built pcb from ultimarc that will act as a bridge from the PC to the arcade.

Ecto311

CoachKevin said:

]

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0764556169/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This book might help

I know the xbox-scene forums have a shit ton of information using the xbox1 for conversion into one of these.

strideramc

CoachKevin said:

hpim1605b.jpg

hpim1603.jpg

Cool man! Looks to be in pretty good shape. I am actually considering picking up an X-Men Children of the Atom cab that is located near me. The only bad thing is it's only the 2 player box, I would like the 4-player one. But I would like to convert it to a MAME machine, so let me know how yours goes.

CoachKevin said:
...On a side note, do you know of any manuals for converting machines like mine to a MAME cabinet? Like hooking up the controls and monitor to the PC, software to use, computers to use, ect.?

Firstly I'd say "Dont do it!!" :lol , but it's your Cab and if thats what you want to do there is plenty of help out there :). I highly recommend going to a forum like ArcadeOtaku's and having a read through their Emulation forum about ArcadeVGA cards and what not, and maybe even asking some questions. The people there are very knowledgable about cabs and I'm sure would be able to help you out.

strideramc said:
Cool man! Looks to be in pretty good shape. I am actually considering picking up an X-Men Children of the Atom cab that is located near me. The only bad thing is it's only the 2 player box, I would like the 4-player one. But I would like to convert it to a MAME machine, so let me know how yours goes.

Firstly I'd say "Dont do it!!" , but it's your Cab and if thats what you want to do there is plenty of help out there :). I highly recommend going to a forum like ArcadeOtaku's and having a read through their Emulation forum about ArcadeVGA cards and what not, and maybe even asking some questions. The people there are very knowledgable about cabs and I'm sure would be able to help you out.

I don't think I am going to convert it. Hopefully the video that Toy Soldier gave me will fix the monitor.

Turns out under the paint this was originally a joust machine from Williams. So it is like 26 years old. Damn!

And for anyone with arcade machines (It would be awesome to make an arcade machine thread for NeoGaf!) the guy who Toy Soldier pointed me to has a ton of videos on youtube to get your machine in tip top shape. Made a huge difference in my picture quality. Here is the guys youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/varcadegames

Dreweyes

Found all of this at the local flea market (swap shop) for a total of $30!
Everythings in great condition too!
The SNES game is BlaZeon: The Bio-Cyborg Challenge!

Been wanting to try out Shadowgate too, everyone here has been picking it up for some reason!

2010-03-14201318.jpg

jaydogg691

My first pick-ups of the month. Nothing special, just some Sony Earbuds that were on clearance at BB and some more PSN $.

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

Loxley

Despite the main character being an unlikable douchebag, The Saboteur is surprisingly fun, I'm really enjoying it :)

...and I have my girlfriend (who is Chinese-American) to thank for introducing me to Chinese junk-food :D One of my favorite things we do together is when we venture to the various Asian-grocery stores in Cleveland, always an good time.

Top Bottom