• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Pezking

Picked up the DSi XL last week:

10mo45f.jpg

29kus1y.jpg

14y2stw.jpg

zu0e1w.jpg

Absolutely love it! Screen size is great, games look awesome. Great handheld and certainly the best DS I ever owned.

Then it's the CE of "Final Fantasy XIII" + the CE Guide:

2rmnthi.jpg

2cxb6tz.jpg

f1bmu1.jpg

4glphs.jpg

And finally, my awesome girlfriend got me these today:

14tt0ck.jpg

256fiig.jpg

1zb9vyt.jpg

sxbvgh.jpg

fa2d7l.jpg

2upft74.jpg

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
MagniHarvald said:

EEP! That has the enter key that I like. I like it when it takes up two spots vertically, I can't stand the enter keys that are the same shape as the shift key. Nice pick up, that keyboard looks like it puts my dell mini 9 to shame.

Drame said:
How's Pop'n on PSP?

Pretty good! Song selection isn't amazingly good (IMO anyway, compared with the likes of the DJ Max Portable games, Project Diva, Taiko no Tatsujin Portables etc) but it's decent enough with some nice anime songs (You wa Shock!, Evangelion OP, One Piece OP #1 etc) thrown in for good measure.
I'm not the most experienced person with regards to the Pop'n series, but it plays pretty much like you would expect.
Adventure mode is a nice change from just playing song after song. It places you on a grid where you make progress by completing challenges (clearing a song, meeting certain conditions while playing a song etc) and levelling up. It also allows you to unlock songs, skins and so on.

I'd say if you enjoy PSP rhythm games then you'll get something out of this.

Drame

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Pretty good! Song selection isn't amazingly good (IMO anyway, compared with the likes of the DJ Max Portable games, Project Diva, Taiko no Tatsujin Portables etc) but it's decent enough with some nice anime songs (You wa Shock!, Evangelion OP, One Piece OP #1 etc) thrown in for good measure.
I'm not the most experienced person with regards to the Pop'n series, but it plays pretty much like you would expect.
Adventure mode is a nice change from just playing song after song. It places you on a grid where you make progress by completing challenges (clearing a song, meeting certain conditions while playing a song etc) and levelling up. It also allows you to unlock songs, skins and so on.

I'd say if you enjoy PSP rhythm games then you'll get something out of this.
Cheers, seems that I'll add this to my PSP rhythm game collection eventually.

Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter. Got it off Craigs List for $200. Waiting for my buddies to come by to lug it up stairs.

Any tips for getting cigarette smoke smell off stuff?

img0184u.jpg

EDIT: One more picture:
img0187u.jpg

skads_187

^^ wow lucky u, i wish i had one of those,
use those disinfecting wipes, should do the trick, it will take off the yellow stains at the same time.

heres my recent pickups this week

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

skads_187 said:
^^ wow lucky u, i wish i had one of those,
use those disinfecting wipes, should do the trick, it will take off the yellow stains at the same time.

Great call! Thanks! Wiped it down and there was a lot of yellowing on it. Can't complain for $200.

Bii

That pizza looks delicious.

4430326188_2876e24f04_o.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII. PS3. $57.
Final Fantasy XIII: The Complete Official Guide. Collector's Edition. $18.

I didn't read much about FFXIII nor was I hyped up for it but I've been in the mood for a JRPG. I'm glad I purchased it because it's pretty fun so far. I'm only 5 1/2 hours in and it has become more interesting as every hour passes by. A lot of hand-holding but I'm not complaining. I bought the collector's edition guide on a whim seeing how it showed up in my Gold Box at Amazon.com and the total came out to less than half of what the MSRP actually is. I'm not sure if I'll open the guide up but I do want to know what # I got out of the 210,000 guides out there.

4430342928_e1bdefc039_o.jpg

Yakuza 3. PS3. $53.

I think I could've waited to pick this one up since I haven't even finished the first Yakuza. Oh well, it's there if/when I'll get around to it.

4430326116_2b4985a0d0_o.jpg

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice. PS3. $23.

I was waiting for a price drop on this and at $23, I'll take it. I finished the first Disgaea but have yet to start the second. Given how little free time I have now, maybe I'll just skip 2 and start up Absence of Justice.

4429559567_6a30580d53.jpg
4430325898_a3429c92a4.jpg

Slim Jim Skinny Jeans in Dry Japan. Nudie Jeans. 31x32. $185.

My first raw denim. It's great that they have in-between sizes because 30s are usually a bit snug on me whereas 32s are way too loose. Time to start breaking these in.

I may put up a picture of my purchases in a few days. Plan on getting God of War III Ultimate Edition and I have a few other purchases so far this month.

shas'la

Bii said:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4430326188_2876e24f04_o.jpg[img]

[b]Final Fantasy XIII[/b]. [i]PS3[/i]. $57.
[b]Final Fantasy XIII: The Complete Official Guide[/b]. [i]Collector's Edition[/i]. $18.

I didn't read much about FFXIII nor was I hyped up for it but I've been in the mood for a JRPG. I'm glad I purchased it because it's pretty fun so far. I'm only 5 1/2 hours in and it has become more interesting as every hour passes by. A lot of hand-holding but I'm not complaining. I bought the collector's edition guide on a whim seeing how it showed up in my Gold Box at Amazon.com and the total came out to less than half of what the MSRP actually is. I'm not sure if I'll open the guide up but I do want to know what # I got out of the 210,000 guides out there.

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4430342928_e1bdefc039_o.jpg[img]

[b]Yakuza 3[/b]. [i]PS3[/i]. $53.

I think I could've waited to pick this one up since I haven't even finished the first Yakuza. Oh well, it's there if/when I'll get around to it.

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4430326116_2b4985a0d0_o.jpg[img]

[b]Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice[/b]. [i]PS3[/i]. $23.

I was waiting for a price drop on this and at $23, I'll take it. I finished the first Disgaea but have yet to start the second. Given how little free time I have now, maybe I'll just skip 2 and start up Absence of Justice.

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4429559567_6a30580d53.jpg[img] [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2679/4430325898_a3429c92a4.jpg/img]

[b]Slim Jim Skinny Jeans in Dry Japan[/b]. [i]Nudie Jeans[/i]. 31x32. $185.

My first raw denim. It's great that they have in-between sizes because 30s are usually a bit snug on me whereas 32s are way too loose. Time to start breaking these in.[/QUOTE]

Really nice pics dude.

Morts

Keeping with the pet theme on this page (the iguana is not a new pickup):
08c221cf.jpg

Something to watch with friends while drinking heavily:
82d49995.jpg

I also got the Droid phone to replace my ancient crappy flip phone. No pics though, because it's also my new camera (hence my first pick-up post).

Bii said:

4430326188_2876e24f04_o.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII. PS3. $57.
Final Fantasy XIII: The Complete Official Guide. Collector's Edition. $18.

Open the guide. Unless you want to sell it someday there isn't any reason to keep it closed. I open all my stuff. Opened some sealed WoW CE's just to look at the contents even though I can't activate them anymore. :lol

Carl

2hmogia.jpg

dfu44l.jpg

72vx8p.jpg

Sorry for the crap quality, taken on my phone.

Anyway yeah, a market stall in town which i have never seen before (i don't venture outside much, yay!), that was doing PS2 games at £4 or 3 for a tenner, which i thought was pretty good. Anyway came across these three. Never played Canis Cadem or The Getaway, so i thought they were worth the plunge. Timesplitters i used to have but sold years ago, couldn't pass up the opportunity to rebuy it!

Proc

Amazing Canada 360 arcade sale.

Upgraded from a refurb component console to a jasper hdmi unit for $128. Considering a new wireless controller alone costs $49, that is a pretty amazing deal.

I also picked up WaW CE for $28 sealed at ebgames. They had some sort of activision sale going on. That's the cheapest I've seen that game so I figured why not. The colector's edition is dog shit by the way. An over sized case with a canteen that doesn't even open (wtf?).

FF13 is alright. I bought it at launch day because I had to check it out for myself. I'm enjoying it so far but its not grabbing me like ME2 did (the last game I've played that really had me by the balls).

6jlmon.jpg

comedy bomb said:
You win March.

Thanks, I am very happy man for $200. Still needs some cleaning and adjusting, but everything works. Even the coin mechanism. The joysticks work perfectly as do all buttons. Just a little discoloring on the upper right but nothing noticeable while playing.

schild

Bii said:
4430325898_a3429c92a4.jpg

Slim Jim Skinny Jeans in Dry Japan. Nudie Jeans. 31x32. $185.

My first raw denim. It's great that they have in-between sizes because 30s are usually a bit snug on me whereas 32s are way too loose. Time to start breaking these in.

Nice. I just picked up a pair of dry jeans I can destroy (Cheap Mondays) and a pair of Naked & Famous Grey Weird Guys. I was going to get Nudies, but honestly, I wreck blue jeans, so didn't want to drop the coin on blues for that much.

Edit: I'm about 3 weeks into another pair of N&F Selvedge, but now that I have 3 pairs I can start cycling, which is nice. I went down two pant sizes recently so my entire wardrobe is becoming stuff that's way too nice.

Apparently that monitor discoloration is an easy fix...just requires degaussing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xboO2JUvtBM

My Neo-Geo monitor didn't need it, but I'm thinking about buying one of those wands just for regular maintenance.

Nakazato said:
Play on Sylph and join up with FFXI Gaf :)

Awesome, I figured there would be a GAF contingent there but I hadn't looked for a thread yet.

pseudomyxoma said:
Nice pick-up
Also an excuse to post this again
Four Bright Buttons & Two Joysticks

So good, so good.

Sora_N

Bii said:
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice. PS3. $23.

Wow that's a damn good price, is it some sort of clearance or is it a sale? I've been looking for cheap copies of Katamari PS3 and Disgaea 3 PS3. :(

8981024_68079ac758_b.jpg

=

8981025_962db66a45_b.jpg

I couldn't pass up on actually owning a copy of Starcraft...for $10. Everything else was imported. :lol

isny

napkin dispenser
VGChampion said:
Open the guide. Unless you want to sell it someday there isn't any reason to keep it closed. I open all my stuff. Opened some sealed WoW CE's just to look at the contents even though I can't activate them anymore. :lol

You can actually.

You should be able to enter in the cd key for the collectors edition and upgrade your account.

Top Bottom