• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

ResidentDante said:
This looks so awesome, but I'm not very into audio equipment. What function does it have, is it a reciever for other soundsources like a dvd player, tv or a console?

The piece on the bottom is a Digital-Analog Converter. Since audio is pretty much stored everywhere in digital formats these days you need this as headphones, speakers, etc. are analog devices. CD Players, mp3 players, sound cards, etc. all have dacs built in.

The piece on top is a headphone amplifier. It provides more power to the headphones as well as various other things depending on the amp. Headphones produce sound by vibrating some sort of membrane or thin sheet to create the different sound frequencies (usually by attaching the membrane to a coiled wire receiving the electrical sigal thus making it react to magnets). More power means more control over the membrane, improving sound quality.

This one is a vacuum tube amplifier instead of being solid state. Generally, vacuum tubes are considered to 'colour' the sound more than an equivalent solid state amp.

Oh, and it will take pretty much anything as a source. The DAC has inputs for usb, toslink, bnc(a kind of coaxial connection), and rca.

ArrrrghX said:
Awesome pick up but I'd suggest leaving quest64 home :)
It just came with the lot on eBay, I have no plans of ever booting that excuse for an RPG up.

isny said:
Make sure you pick up an enhancement pack or w/e it was called to be able to play PD properly.

Got it, this isn't my first barbecue.

Polk

S5000162.JPG

Life IS beautiful.

cjelly said:
God bless Arrow Video. One of my favourite films ever done sweet, sweet justice. Was going to get the CE at the back end of last year, but it was DVD size so I didn't bother.

5509729837_105651ed21_b.jpg

Would you recommend it to someone as a blind buy?

plc268

Like a lot of people, I picked up a PSP Go. I don't live in canada, but I got a refurbished one from Cowboom (best buy) off of ebay for ~$100. I tried cleaning off this fingerprint magnet, but it's the best this microfiber cloth can do.

KpxDQ.jpg

Also picked up MGS:pO and a couple PS1 games off of PSN. I'm having a real hard time liking PO because of the crap controls, but it's something I'll try customizing.

Owensboro

cjelly said:
God bless Arrow Video. One of my favourite films ever done sweet, sweet justice. Was going to get the CE at the back end of last year, but it was DVD size so I didn't bother.

Holy crap, please tell me there are English subs on this. I currently own a double pack with this and BR 2 (for the love of god, never watch BR2). I'd love to pick up a Blu Ray of it, as it is one of my favorite movies ever.

I bought a Wii at launch but have only had Twilight Princess and Zack & Wiki for it. So this month I've started to build up my collection to justify not selling my Wii. This is what I've picked up so far (plus the Nausicaa bluray I got yesterday)

m219551825.jpg

Owensboro said:
Holy crap, please tell me there are English subs on this. I currently own a double pack with this and BR 2 (for the love of god, never watch BR2). I'd love to pick up a Blu Ray of it, as it is one of my favorite movies ever.

Hahaha, I think it's still worth watching BR2 although it is indeed, terrible. It makes the glory of the first one so much better.

BentMyWookiee said:
I bought a Wii at launch but have only had Twilight Princess and Zack & Wiki for it. So this month I've started to build up my collection to justify not selling my Wii. This is what I've picked up so far (plus the Nausicaa bluray I got yesterday)
I'd like to hear your impressions of fragile dreams. that game looks good visually but i haven't heard much on the game play.

Also I am on the samoas band wagon.

Za23

ju5xj.jpg

Here of some of my pick ups so far.

16 GB SD Card
Cheap Sony Headphones
Pokemon White (Great game)
Jackass 3
Dante's Inferno (Was 10 dollars at Target Clearance, so why not.)

Majine

Banned
That DA2 Special Edition is how I want every SE to be like. A classier cover but it's not a different box so it's not an eyesoar in your collection.

SUPARSTARX

Fila Skeletoes. Hrm, just got these for casual activities. Apparently not meant for running like the Vibram Five Fingers. Boo.

184692_560044321483_195200908_31633836_8080337_n.jpg

200046_560044236653_195200908_31633835_5681447_n.jpg

Skechers Men’s Exelent: (new work shoes and they are really comfortable)

IMG_20110302_114014.jpg

Dick-Tits: (I have played it a few times and I really enjoy it so far)

IMG_20110307_154255.jpg

DSi-XL and Pokemon White! (isn't there a 3D something coming out soon?)

IMG_20110308_224601.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
mr stroke said:
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x166/MRSTROKER/IMAG0101.jpg[/QUOTE]

Nice.

The DSS Ear force Dolby headphone processor is very good, TB headset is very decent, but I will recommend a better Headphone ( instead of the TB headset) for non-online/SP only play ( or movies) to get the full advantage out of the DSS.

And I always wanted a ButtKicker subwoofer for my chair ( but no one sell it here) :(

mr stroke

Totobeni said:
Nice.

The DSS Ear force Dolby headphone processor is very good, TB headset is very decent, but I will recommend a better Headphone ( instead of the TB headset) for non-online/SP only play ( or movies) to get the full advantage out of the DSS.

And I always wanted a ButtKicker subwoofer for my chair ( but no one sell it here) :(

Buttkicker is amazing, highly recommended. $129 on Amazon and worth the money. Took your advise and went with the Turtle Beaches over the Pysko 5.1 Headset and while the DSS is cool, the headsets them selfs are crap :(
My $50 Sennheiser's smoke them. Will probably return the headset and just buy the DSS+pair of nice cans.

strideramc

MisterNoisy said:
When did they change the name back? For a while they were being called 'Caramel Delites' or some such nonsense.

I think it's a regional thing now. I bought "Caramel Delites" in my town, but in the next town over they were Samoas.

Amory

Got a bonus at my job today, and decided to celebrate a bit

photo-2.jpg

Johnny Black and the Big East tournament make for a pretty good night I'd say.

BdoUK

Finally tracked down a B&W Zeppelin Air at my local Apple Store. Apparently the Apple Store has a 6 week exclusive window on selling these beauties. Sounds great so far and the AirPlay functionality works as advertised!

5vdve1.jpg

MisterNoisy

Not really gaming related, but oh well:

rvev5e.jpg

Pentax K-x and Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 lens. Woot had the camera for $440 last week, and I've been looking for something to replace the crap P&S I used for this photo.

JEKKI

18X1K.jpg

sing it with me now!

2 oh 1 oh!

bringin new love to the floor!

rocking what real la coutre!

we open new doors new show new world new control

can u keep up OWW!!

MisterNoisy

milkham said:
is that white thing at the bottom of your pc your power supply? when i first looked at that picture i thought you put an NES in there

Heh, yea. It's a NZXT HALE90 PSU (the 650W unit).

IMG_0509.jpg

Some recent pick ups.

Dragon Age 2
Bulletstorm
Ninety Nine Nights 2
127 Hours
Killzone 3
Yakuza 3
Virtua Fighter 5
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Iphone 3GS

Yazuka

Here is what I've gotten so far, its both from February and Mars.
I'm still waiting for Front Mission Evolved, thought I'd give it a try when it was dirty cheap at Zavvi. And 3D Dot Game Heroes, hopefully they'll come next week.

2011_03_10_februari_mars.jpg

Top Bottom