• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
practice02 said:
It does but for amazon to keep their 2 day delivery garauntee they send out the item early and maybes it shows up earlies. They use to do it a lot more often they were really bad with video games I remember getting something a half of a week early I think it's was Order of Eccelsia.
I'm still hoping for some kind of announcement for Porco Rosso Blu-ray. Absolutely my favorite Ghibli film, and my favorite non-CG animated film ever

Yes Boss!

zoner said:
I'm still hoping for some kind of announcement for Porco Rosso Blu-ray. Absolutely my favorite Ghibli film, and my favorite non-CG animated film ever
Porco is, indeed, the best. It will surely come from Disney! Surely.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Yay, more fighting games that no one will ever play with me! 。・゚(ノД`)゚・。 。・゚(ノД`)゚・。

6rJ5x.jpg

;_;

I really should photo everything i've bought or re-arranged in the last month, my room for one has twice the space now that I have it completely redecorated and more space to store stuff, I also said "fuck this" and recycled or sold a ton of stuff, I love collecting things I love but in the end I made quite a few hundred selling things like games I just don't play any more, some of the golden oldies I kept.

I have a huge wall space for a projector but that's a little too expensive right now, love seeing some of your setups.

eXistor said:
Just curious: are you buying this many NES games for yourself to get a complete NES collection or for other purposes?

I am never going to get a complete collection, but I want to get most that don't cost >$20.

Right now I have about 330 unique games.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
practice02 said:
http://i.imgur.com/J2v0v.jpg[/I][/QUOTE]

Question, will there be a complete Studio Ghibli collection/set on Blu-ray ?

I have them on shitty DVDs and since most of them are now available on BD is there any announcement or hope for a complete set on Blu-ray?

isny

napkin dispenser
Totobeni said:

I have them on shitty DVDs and since most of them are now available on BD is there any announcement or hope for a complete set on Blu-ray?

Not in North America, as Disney doesn't do that sort of thing usually. Disney titles go back in the "vault".

Hawthorns

Long time lurker of this thread so it's nice to finally be able to get involved. Few things I've bought recently.

IMG_0930.jpg

The Office is probably my new favourite thing ever.

IMG_0924.jpg

I got Lupin from HLJ expecting it to be the same size as Goku there, nice surprise! And Totoro was a valentines gift from my girlfriend.

IMG_0929.jpg

Haven't gotten too far into the game yet but I'm enjoying it so far.

Totobeni said:

Nausicaa is the first english blu ray release as i understand it. And I believe that with the Blu-ray release of the Ghibli films it's going to be 2 or 3 a year chronologically. I haven't heard word of a boxset.

leng jai said:
More pictures of the room as requested.

I've rearranged it about 5 times in the last year and I'm still not completely happy with it. The biggest downsize is that there isn't much space to move, and no space for a desk. The next purchase will probably be a proper side table to put the TV on, though the space is very tight.

Where'd you get those speaker stands?

Gameboy415

practice02 said:
Nausicaa is the first english blu ray release as i understand it. And I believe that with the Blu-ray release of the Ghibli films it's going to be 2 or 3 a year chronologically. I haven't heard word of a boxset.

Second, actually. Ponyo came out on Blu last year!

zychi

Banned
Do the old Disney movies that are being re-released on Bluray take up the entire screen(16:
9 I think for blu ray?), or are they in 4:3 format with black bars on the sides?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
zychi said:
Do the old Disney movies that are being re-released on Bluray take up the entire screen(16:
9 I think for blu ray?), or are they in 4:3 format with black bars on the sides?
16:9
Disney don't fuck around when it comes to dvd/bluray releases

Yes Boss!

zychi said:
4:3 academy unless they were presented theatrically otherwise. Beauty and the Beast is 1:85 (though cropped slightly to 1.78). Sleeping Beauty is one of the rare scope Disney pics and is 2.55. Worth noting is the original RKO banner now appears where appropriate at the beginning. Also, though not on blu-ray yet, Lady and the Tramp was shot in two versions, one 4:3 academy and the other 2.55...hopefully both versions will appear on the eventual BD...i've a feeling we will just get the scope print.

leng jai said:
More pictures of the room as requested.

I've rearranged it about 5 times in the last year and I'm still not completely happy with it. The biggest downsize is that there isn't much space to move, and no space for a desk. The next purchase will probably be a proper side table to put the TV on, though the space is very tight.

http://i.imgur.com/AeKq2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That shelf!!... Where'd u get it, if you dont mind me asking

Ledsen

Hawthorns said:
Long time lurker of this thread so it's nice to finally be able to get involved. Few things I've bought recently.

[IM]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_0930.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_0924.jpg[/IMG]
I got Lupin from HLJ expecting it to be the same size as Goku there, nice surprise! And Totoro was a valentines gift from my girlfriend.

[IG]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_0929.jpg[/IMG]
Haven't gotten too far into the game yet but I'm enjoying it so far.

Wow, so refreshing to see someone buy anime figures and manga that aren't hentai... props to you sir.

Crazy-J said:
And I wanted a new TV. :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/Crazy-J/SharpQuattron.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/Crazy-J/SharpQuattonSetup-1.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/Crazy-J/2011-03-06_21-51-26_650.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

awesome dude.
the best TV I've ever seen.
even blows Sonys and Panas out of the water. The PQ is insane

dyergram

Hawthorns said:

IMG_0930.jpg

Are the early seasons any good I love the office but I always heard that it didn't get good until three that box set looks good value...

Hawthorns

dyergram said:
Are the early seasons any good I love the office but I always heard that it didn't get good until three that box set looks good value...

The first season of the american office is almost a replication of the english one if you've seen that. From season 2 onwards it begins to go its own way and the characters are made their own. Much better than the english version IMO.

Ultima_5

CoachKevin said:
Just got a ton of NES games. Going to be a bitch to clean them all:

103_0320.jpg
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for all of those / where did you purchase them? I've been tempted to order a collection of nes games from ebay, but I'm worried about the cost / condition haha. I'm quite jealous

dyergram said:

Season's 1 - 3 are the good seasons. Season 4 and above have a noticeable drop in quality. Some people still enjoy them and there are good episodes now and then, but the absolute best of the series was the first three.

luka said:
Yay, more fighting games that no one will ever play with me! 。・゚(ノД`)゚・。 。・゚(ノД`)゚・。

6rJ5x.jpg

;_;

Do they actually work online ????

Or any ps2 online game for that matter?

Lord-Audie said:
Do they actually work online ????

Or any ps2 online game for that matter?
I think SNK online games for PS2 only worked within Japan, but I could be wrong.
Several PS2 games are still playable online, whether through legitimate or homebrew means. Aren't the SOCOM games still active?

depths20XX

I think I might pick up that Nausicaa Bluray. I actually haven't seen much Miyazaki outside of Mononoke (which I thought was great).

Is this a good place to start with his films?

Ultima_5 said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for all of those / where did you purchase them? I've been tempted to order a collection of nes games from ebay, but I'm worried about the cost / condition haha. I'm quite jealous
About $300 including shipping for 160 games.

Ultima_5

CoachKevin said:
About $300 including shipping for 160 games.
Oh that's not bad. I'll probably have to wait til i'm out of college so I have a place to store them all haha. Nice pickup man

2q0lu9k.jpg

Only 188 Euro for the 360 (my 3rd working one, but for that price I wanted it)
AND I LOVE IT OMG ITS SO QUIET! :D
Only 15 Euro for mass effect AND Mass effect 2
Epic yarn for 40 Euro
Bulletstorm for 55 Euro
The Social Netwerk for only 17 Euro.

Ledsen

dyergram said:
Hawthorns said:

[IG]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_0930.jpg[/IMG]

You haven't seen the original (British) version? You have to, it's one of the best comedy shows ever. You can watch the American one after that.

dreamer3kx said:
Hey why didnt you wait for the Ipad 2, comes out this week at the same price.

Apple has dropped the price of the old models by $100 or so.

Glad that Nausicaa's been released in the US, but that boxart is so cluttered it's unbelievable! Next Ghibli BD to hit the west will be Laputa: Castle in the Sky IIRC.

CrankyJay

Banned
dreamer3kx said:

Apple gave everyone who bought an iPad in the last week $100 back. It's even cheaper if that is a refurb.

depths20XX said:
I think I might pick up that Nausicaa Bluray. I actually haven't seen much Miyazaki outside of Mononoke (which I thought was great).

Is this a good place to start with his films?
It's pretty tasty. The opening scene isn't that great it's a little grainy and the frames shake a bit but the rest of it looks really good.

Majine

Banned
dreamer3kx said:
Actually, I noticed many stores have lowered the iPad 1 price now. Atleast here in Sweden.

Top Bottom