• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Crazypanda_85 said:
Would you recommend it to someone as a blind buy?
Little late on this reply but:

If you want to check out Battle Royale I'd suggest reading the book first as it's the best itteration. The film isn't bad but it had a little too much asian melodrama and the violence was a little too comical for my liking.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
_dementia said:
To let people know you can play it on a PS3

How can people not know that ( if they own the thing), since there is a huge Blu-ray logo on every PS3 box( and PS3 known with it's ability to play Blu-ray movies more that other stuff), and if people don't have PS3 then this sticker do nothing for them.

I know it's a pointless rant, but it just annoy me.

Totobeni said:
How can people not know that ( if they own the thing), since there is a huge Blu-ray logo on every PS3 box( and PS3 known with it's ability to play Blu-ray movies more that other stuff), and if people don't have PS3 then this sticker do nothing for them.

grandparents and parents some people aren't as tech savy as us.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Totobeni said:

Not everyone really knows what their device can do. My Dad called me up because my uncle wanted to know if the PS3 could play DVDs after he bought one.

wqF9F.jpg

Just totally awesome.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Totobeni said:

I met a person who didn't know they could delete files on their computer to create free space. I kid you not.

My buddy was pissed when he couldn't play newer blu rays on his ps3 because he never updated the firmware. Some people just don't pay attention to that.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
This month I bought:
A dreamcast with 2 controllers and 2 useless sports games
shenmue
jet grind radio
A second slim ps2
Bayonetta
Ninja gaiden sigma
Sonic colors
Yakuza 3
Silent hill origins
Animal crossing wild world
The world ends with you
Devil may cry
Chrono cross
The last remnant
Bushido blade
Panzer dragoon orta
Street fighter anniversary
A brand new blue VMU
Pokemon Black
Naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm 2

I THINK thats everything. Have to work soon, but i'll try to take pics later.

So much quality in that post FootNinja. I'm looking forward to the pics. Jet Grind Radio and Street Fighter Anniversary were a couple of my favorite games last gen.

Rikkun

Crewnh said:
It's cause I was walking while taking the picture. :lol

Well, I like it, looks like a Nintendo64 cartridge..

Oh, maybe I'll post my latest pick-ups when I'll be able lo lay my hands on my camera again, even if there's nothing too special (localizations aside).

kpx0

Banned
Totobeni said:
I hate,hate,hate,hate this "play on PS3" red sticker on many of the newer Blu-ray releases, why they do this.

i dont mind because it it comes off really easily with no mess... its not like those windows/intel inside stickers on new laptops that you need to scrape off with a razor

ithorien

Krelian29 said:
Got my new car! Hyundai Elantra 2011

I welcome you personally to Hyundai's new sexy club. My wife and I got a Sonata a few months back, really love the new body style (although I think I like the new Optima better).

Krelian29 said:
Got my new car! Hyundai Elantra 2011

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/Krelian26/elantra005.jpg[MG]

[IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/Krelian26/elantra004.jpg[MG]

[IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/Krelian26/elantra006.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]
Same shitty weather as Saguenay for me today :P

Nekofrog

Banned
JawTM.jpg

Everything is either mint, or near mint. Chronotrigger and Mario RPG were got for $40 and $30 respectively at a local used game store (guess they didn't know their real value?), Breath of Fire 1 on eBay for $50. And who cares about Star Fox.

Small month but I love every single one of my pick ups! Still have God Eater Burst to come out Tuesday!

First fightstick purchase ever, love it- will eventually get better parts.
sdpsgx.jpg

Such a great baseball game, very impressed with the improvements.
o5cpk1.jpg

Had Okami years ago but now with Okamiden I had to get the PS2 and Wii versions again. Surprisingly found them used in PERFECT condition
28vdpiq.jpg

Square Triangle said:
Yeah =/

When I first bought it, I signed up for Capcom to send me the replacement cover art and they never came in.
I think it's better the IGN on it. It says 'Hey, I was there'

TomToast

Neo Member
Square Triangle said:
First fightstick purchase ever, love it- will eventually get better parts.
sdpsgx.jpg

Where did you find that stick it? I saw one on GameStop's website for $49.99 and they laughed at my when I called, saying that no fighting stick is under $150.

TomToast said:
Where did you find that stick it? I saw one on GameStop's website for $49.99 and they laughed at my when I called, saying that no fighting stick is under $150.

What? They have no idea what they are talking about. I'll PM you the sku once I find it so you can have your local store do a search for one in the company. I had to have this one shipped from another area, pretty hard to find I guess.

I was going to get the WWE All-Stars stick and just replace it's ugly faceplate but $80? No thanks.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Volcynika said:
I think he's just showing the games on his PS3 XMB before copying them to his PSP.

EDIT: Beaten!
Correct, that's how my PSP games that I got off PSN look on my PS3 just Jet Set Radio themed.

Takao

Banned
zoner said:
I take it you're using the PSP composite cables? How do those look?

He downloaded the games on his PS3 :p

I own the cables, and they're are alright. The quality is actually much nicer with the component cables, but there still is that black box (I don't have one of those scaler things for my HDTV). Just be aware that if you have a pre-3000/Go model you won't be able to output games with composite. You'll need component if you own a 2000.

Edit: Beaten by a country mile. Oh well, my post has information! :p

Yes Boss!

Yeah, what everyone said!

But, I do play the Go (and specifically the new Ys games) on my HDTV via the component cables and dualshock. Looks real good but it is heavily windowboxed. I don't scale it cause my TV won't allow. I'll pop a photo in here of what it looks like once I switch my Go to the US account. No internet set up since I just moved and Go is still set to my JPN content. Argh!

EDIT: pictures of PSP on an HDTV. Looks great and one of the best features of the Go for RPGs.

d89b9d3f.jpg

8f1d8d8f.jpg

funnily enough the XMB scales perfectly to the 16:9:

3577f281.jpg

Top Bottom