• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yes Boss!

Amazon finally delivered my nausicaa! Gonna double feature it with bambi tonight. Yay!

88d85ad7.jpg

Pokemon also:

91dd9101.jpg

plc268

Homefront PC
kZAQZ.jpg

Resident Evil 3, Parasite Eve, Jet Moto
QePRx.jpg

Just finished my second USB SNES controller with 4gb flash inside
yrzcK.jpg

Jinaar

YPTAG.jpg
6CMl9.jpg
Ety2M.jpg

rion9.jpg
Dgrkr.jpg
yLvN4.jpg

Brand new computer last night:
i5-2500K
Asus P8P67 PRO
Antec Case - Six Hundred
WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB HDD
8GB of PATRIOT RAM
Samsung DVD Drive (fuck is this loud though, you get what you pay for at $26)
Corsair GS700 Power Supply (The 650W I wanted was out of stock, this was $30 bones more)
eVGA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti 1GB

Tonight I test the games. Weekend, I OC.

Yes Boss! said:
Impulse buy. Local store got about thirty copies in for some reason. Looks and sounds interesting:

ecd6e8f6.jpg
Anime people can't close their mouths :(
What happens if a fly gets it?

Let me know how you like the game :)

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
Anime people can't close their mouths :(
What happens if a fly gets it?

Let me know how you like the game :)
Will do. I think I'm starting this one instead of the new Pokemon. Went in looking to buy Okami DS but they did not have it so went with RH!

Also, bought the Basic petite computer for one of my DSis. Gonna be fun to play around with it. Some fun little ascii characters come in on one of the alternate keyboards...things like a little space invader. Fun!

Gotta go away for a month for work. Will be back with some fun pickups mid april!

123905e9.jpg

glaurung

marchlewt.jpg

From the top:
Motorstorm Apocalypse - the Scandinavian edition. Sometimes it's good to live in a third world country. The salesperson hadn't even heard of any delays.
Dragon Age II - liking it so far. Kind of wish I had gotten the signature edition, but I missed the pre-order window.
KZ3 - 'sgood.
Bulletstorm - is good too, but the obscene profanities are a definite turnoff.
Goldfinger - my favorite Bond on blu-ray. So awesome.
Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - that's a good one.
Last Action Hero - this blu-ray has the worst cover art in the world.
A Single Man - have not had time to watch that yet, but I hope it's good.
The Blues Brothers 25th Anniversary steelbook DVD - I was hoping that the blu-ray would be on sale by now, but it isn't. Still hope it's coming though. One of my all-time favorite movies.
Queen music videos 1st volume - the second volume is somewhere in backorder limbo, but I hope I will get that as well.

New Flex and the new EDGE (these are the latest issues on sale here) at the bottom.

Not in the picture: new iPod nano graphite, Dead Space 2, 1.5 TB external WD Elements disk, Tactics Ogre first print edition, Ace Combat Join Assault, Ace Combat X, a bunch more blu-rays and limited edition The Simpsons seasons in the head-shaped boxes. Still missing Homer and Krusty.

eXistor

Invincible T-shirt off of the wonderful fangamer site. You might recognise it as Ace's shirt from Awesome Video Games (I bow down to you guys). The crappy pic makes the color very washed out, but it's actually quite bright yellow. Also Dragon Age II CE guide, which I forgot I even ordered. It's not exactly a game where you'd ever need a strategy guide. Looks good though.

k3tbsw.jpg

oblo said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/29dk4t4.jpg[IMG]

Because a backlog can never get too big, no time for anything but Yakuza 4 & Pokémon these days.[/QUOTE]

If you can find the time, I highly recommend giving Haunting Ground a shot. It's only about 5 hours long and is well worth playing through, I regret having that gem in my backlog for so many years.

isny

napkin dispenser
Three more to add to my catalogue =D ($8 each)

Also a my DMR reward finally came in, a D23 Disney Movie Rewards Limited Edition Oswald Pin. (Limited to 3500)

5oceiq.jpg
15qotgo.jpg

Hawthorns

It was my birthday today and my awesome work friend went to the trouble of making me some tasty cupcakes.
IMG_0950.jpg

And in addition to that, she got me this. Prize for whoever guesses what it is.
IMG_0951.jpg

jtkauff

Today was apparently "Pickups from 1990" day. To start out we've got a complete, boxed copy of Dr. Mario for the NES, $3.00 from Goodwill:

(Click for a clear/full view)

And I found a copy of The Simpsons - The Complete Second Season (1990-1991 season) at a local shop for $6.35. Outer box is kinda beat up at the top but for the price it works fine.

(Click for a clear/full view)

Didn't even realize they were both from 1990 until I got back from my lunch break.

CrankyJay

Banned
xxracerxx said:
Is that the Tested.com build specs I see?

No, I pieced this together myself. Have a link to what you think I'm building? I'm curious now. =)

i7-2600k
2 x 4 Gskill RipJaws 1600 for those that can't see

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ninja Scooter said:
Any impressions of Bioshock PS3 yet? I keep hearing its a crappy port, but I never got a chance to finish the game before I got rid of my 360.
It's an excellent port, they patched it.

rc213

Ninja Scooter said:
Any impressions of Bioshock PS3 yet? I keep hearing its a crappy port, but I never got a chance to finish the game before I got rid of my 360.

Excellent port, Had no issues passing it on the PS3.

jtkauff

CrankyJay said:
Wow...the Dr. Mario is in mint condition. How does Goodwill get this stuff? Leftover from retailers?

Yeah, it's in really, really nice shape. One crushed corner on the back, but past that it's great. And I think it's more the area of town that I work in - this is easily the most upscale Goodwill I've ever been to - and it seems to be that they just get a lot of really nice stuff donated overall. Seems that this was just a one-off donation, someone cleaning out the closet or whatever, and I got lucky. It was the only boxed NES game they had, and luckily they even put it in a glass display case.

Strangely enough the ones in Columbus (Ohio) that do seem to get retail cast-off stuff are... scary, to say the least. Typically I see nicer used stuff in my local Goodwill than the new stuff that some other Goodwills get.

Ninja Scooter said:

Crappy port? It's a fantastic port. One true great example of a port perfected, with console exclusive content too. Such a fantastic game.

I tried the 3DS in santa monica and was really impressed, ordered from amazon the same day and should get on the 29th. Looked on play-asia for a case and saw this one, i wanted it instantly and checked with a local import shop "Hyper game" and to my surprise they had 1 in the store and grabbed it.
10hkbpc.jpg
[/IMG]

Weenerz

Banned
CrankyJay said:
No, I pieced this together myself. Have a link to what you think I'm building? I'm curious now. =)

i7-2600k
2 x 4 Gskill RipJaws 1600 for those that can't see

Great case btw, so much room. Also, where did you get the ASUS monitors? And how much/what size? I am looking to do a multiple monitor setup soon.

Some recent adds:

198505_800238543444_6312708_40671617_7669784_n.jpg

Phantom Brave and Ar Tonelico Qoga.

196393_796040246864_6312708_40622768_3404473_n.jpg

Summer Wars and Armitage Lunch Box.

196136_795515413634_6312708_40613715_4116340_n.jpg

Pokemon Blk & Wht.

189412_794005459594_6312708_40593229_3746491_n.jpg

Evangelion Case for my 3GS.

Pickups from late last month + So far this month.

Pokemon <3
H7MjR.jpg

These brownies are incredible... They have a Rolo in the centre with a Pecan ontop...
zhyZS.jpg

Hopefully the last vacuum I will ever have to buy, loving it so far.
LPhCl.jpg

Mainly for snowboarding, this thing takes awesome video.
qaQjo.jpg

New helmet with built in speakers.
9eFJq.jpg

Top Bottom