• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

BannedEpisode said:
Very Nice. I used to play a lot of old school tabletops back for a couple years. Been selling off my books for a while now, wish I had run into you! I've had a Monte Cook Signed copy of GhostWalk that I've been trying to unload for a long time. Never liked the newer edition stuff.

Oh, I'm not keeping this stuff. It's all for flipping.

isny

napkin dispenser
raffles said:
These shoes are sweet, but very, very bright.

They don't look very bright in the photo. I was actually thinking about picking up a pair with a similar color, but ended up picking up these instead.

2q2jn00.jpg

Espo83

Murkas said:
Awesome, where did you get it from?

Ebay about 5 years ago. They were pretty cheap when I got them. Maybe 20 bucks for the whole lot. There are a few decent ones on ebay right now. Ill post a new picture once i get them framed.

raffles

Neo Member
isny said:
They don't look very bright in the photo. I was actually thinking about picking up a pair with a similar color, but ended up picking up these instead.

Yeah my phone camera has kind of washed out the colour unfortunately. I love them, but today I saw a pair of Onitsuka Tiger's reduced to £27 and wish I'd got them and saved a bit of scrilla. C'est la vie.

dankir

Games for this month, MvC3 has been on heavy rotation since launch day, JILL and Shuma DLC tomorrow! And the GATLYKE Brady Games Guide to match

IMG_6049.jpg

Lone Toy Pickup, FansProject Shadow Scythe

IMG_6051.jpg

Bought lots of new furniture for my living room. New couches, coffee tables and floor lamp

IMG_6026.jpg

New LG 60PK550 plasma for my basement, got it for 1200 bucks, jumping from a 52" Samsung LCD. Huge increase in picture quality I fucking love it.!!

IMG_6060.jpg

Was a good month :)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
2u7vneo.jpg

+ a burgundy DSi XL. Never owned a DS before and I got it for a nice price, so figured I'd dive in. Nice big library of games for me to finally play.

Cyborg

moop2000 said:
For those who don't, how about an explanation?
Well.....Philips launched a gaming console/computer G7000 :) And I bought some games for it. I collect retro games.

Google G7000 and you will see

SlickVic

nqBzi.jpg

Been waiting a while to get Heavy Rain at a decent price, and with the recent GH price drop combined with Amazon's $15 credit with Pokemon White, I finally decided to pick it up.

Also found a 2nd DS pretty cheap and wound up getting it for no real reason other than having another system to transfer all my old Pokemon into White (and I guess having a backup unit is sorta nice). It's a little banged up (you can see the cracked hinge in the pic), but it'll work perfectly fine for my needs.

Arcipello

Acrylic7 said:
You know what time it is...
DSC00375.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

i always laugh when i see that image, Corel wanted it for the cover of Painter 11... even though i drew it using Photoshop, they never asked and i never told:p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Arcipello said:
i always laugh when i see that image, Corel wanted it for the cover of Painter 11... even though i drew it using Photoshop, they never asked and i never told:p

Holy Fuck :lol

ZeMMiK

Cyborg said:
Some retro fans will know what this is......

D13bdl.jpg

I know what that is....I believe Videopac was pulled because it was
too much a look a like of pacman, or at least they tried.

good luck with it.

Acrylic7

Arcipello said:
HOLY CRAP. TEACH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loxley said:
I've got the same tablet, kicks all sorts of ass. Welcome to the club ;)

I got a 21ux as well. Had it for 2 years and only used it 3 times due to massive computer problems and no money for Painter or CS4 (it was a gift). I got this so I can do my concept art elsewhere from home. Cant wait to master it. HIGH FIVE!

yamo

Cyborg said:
Some retro fans will know what this is......

D13bdl.jpg
I loved the g7000... My favourite game was the catapult one. I believe the pacman like game wad called munchkin or something similar. The videopac had nothing to do with that game as someone mentioned, as far as I can remember.

JackEtc

Picked a few things up from PAX that weren't just swag:

Behemoth Chicken and Sackboy (I don't even own a PS3, but I wish I did, I love LBP)
2011-03-14_19-11-41_171.jpg

Castle Crashers key chain for my new car!
2011-03-13_20-37-54_655.jpg

CrankyJay

Banned
Arcipello said:

LOL.

One of the many reasons I love GAF.

Hi5 on the Intuos 4 purchase Acrylic. I doubted the purchase a bit back when it released because I had the 3, but I'm glad I upgraded in the end it's an amazing device.

Arcipello said:

Man I did wonder for a second if you were that Arcipello. I've got a print of yours on my office wall that I bought years ago. Where have you been working since Grin?

Acrylic7

2San said:
I want this so bad, but I'm too casual of a photoshopper to actually justify the purchase. What size is it?
A Medium. and Painter 11 for $387
If you want one You should Totally find someone who is currently in School. Academic Superstore for the win.
They have a small if you don't want to spend that much.

Zertez

SlickVic said:
nqBzi.jpg

Been waiting a while to get Heavy Rain at a decent price, and with the recent GH price drop combined with Amazon's $15 credit with Pokemon White, I finally decided to pick it up.

Also found a 2nd DS pretty cheap and wound up getting it for no real reason other than having another system to transfer all my old Pokemon into White (and I guess having a backup unit is sorta nice). It's a little banged up (you can see the cracked hinge in the pic), but it'll work perfectly fine for my needs.
How did you get $15 credit? They only gave me 10. Kind of funny, I also picked up Heavy Rain with the credit I got from Pokemon Black. Luckily the greatest hits sticker is only on the plastic wrapper and it comes off when you open the game.

Namius

Acrylic7 said:
You know what time it is...
DSC00375.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

Nice! I was actually looking into the Wacam Bamboo Pen (don't know if I would need touch?) Any thoughts? advice? I'm pretty new so I thought it'd be a great way to get my feet wet without blowing hundreds of bucks. Have you had any experience with it?

Tenkei

Namius said:
Nice! I was actually looking into the Wacam Bamboo Pen (don't know if I would need touch?) Any thoughts? advice? I'm pretty new so I thought it'd be a great way to get my feet wet without blowing hundreds of bucks. Have you had any experience with it?
I own a Bamboo Pen & Touch, and it's pretty good for what you pay. The problems I have with it include the ratio between my monitor size and its dimensions being too large, so small motions translate into longer strokes; and that the touch capabilities (which I've since turned off) are kind of wonky. It also lacks the finer pressure sensitivity and brush angles supported by my old Intuos2 and my current Cintiq 21UX, but you probably won't notice those without having experienced them first.

On a side note, does anyone know if their Intuos4 pen tools work with the Cintiq line? I've been eyeing a few pens to complement the Intuos3 pens I bought years ago.

SlickVic

Zertez said:
How did you get $15 credit? They only gave me 10. Kind of funny, I also picked up Heavy Rain with the credit I got from Pokemon Black. Luckily the greatest hits sticker is only on the plastic wrapper and it comes off when you open the game.

Not sure. I ordered when they were just offering a $5 credit, and it wound up giving a $5 and $10 credit after it shipped. And yeah, I'm happy Amazon hasn't gotten those ugly red GH boxes for this game yet.

Arcipello

DeadRockstar said:
Hi5 on the Intuos 4 purchase Acrylic. I doubted the purchase a bit back when it released because I had the 3, but I'm glad I upgraded in the end it's an amazing device.

Man I did wonder for a second if you were that Arcipello. I've got a print of yours on my office wall that I bought years ago. Where have you been working since Grin?

oh lol, small world. since GRIN i worked for ILM and now Sony :)

Mercutio

So this happened.

GrandiosoHibiki.jpg

I've been pondering a pair of these for several months. They (the Audio Technica W1000X) are now in my possession, and I really like them. First ATH I've truly enjoyed since the L3000... which these actually seem to share a lot of similarities to, from the best of my recollection!

The Hibiki is from last month, but seems important none the less.

WEGGLES

Made a pie for pi day.

Cooking from scratch takes a long time.

Doesn't look the greatest, but it tastes awesome. (and the picture makes it look undercooked for some reason)

risk

WEGGLES said:
Made a pie for pi day.

http://i.imgur.com/udPJnl.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xWeKZl.jpg[IMG]

Doesn't look the greatest, but it tastes awesome. (and the picture makes it look undercooked for some reason)[/QUOTE]
ah... im hungry now

WEGGLES said:
Made a pie for pi day.

Pie.jpg

Doesn't look the greatest, but it tastes awesome. (and the picture makes it look undercooked for some reason)

I love the food pics that end up in this thread.

Make Blueberry next time please

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Arcipello said:

Ahhh yes. I was just going to say, didn't a GAFfer do that cover? lol so awesome.

Yes Boss!

Thanks to GAFer JustAnotherOtaku for helping me field the euro version of Deathsmiles for my Cave collection! Really pretty little package...my favorite of all the different releases.

9e3d22de.jpg

GrayFoxPL

WEGGLES said:
Made a pie for pi day.

Give me now!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Terrible quality is terrible, but eh
1keeo.jpg

Top Bottom