• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

JkFG0.jpg

Beady Eye was on sale and much better than I expected.
Abandoned Pools because Clone High had "Start Over" stuck in my head.
And CS5 for later... No pick ups for a while now, hahaha.

This is also my 300th post, and one year to the day I registered. Pretty good pick up day!

Thoraxes

First off, it's Girl Scout Cookie month so I bought a few boxes witha few more coming down in the pipeline:

I also bought Infinity Blade when it was on sale for $3:

Bought an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2:

And best for last; Pokemon Black:
IMG_0576-1.jpg

Will post again when I get my 3DS :D

Bii

moop2000 said:
Looks okay to me.

I chuckled. :)

5536316472_0144d8b630_b.jpg

Canon EOS 60D. Body only. $880.
Transcend 16GB SDHC Flash Memory Card. Class 10. (not pictured) $25
Three years and 7,000+ photos later, I finally replaced my XTi. I had wanted to make an upgrade earlier last month but Amazon would always have it out of stock (I didn't want to purchase it through a third-party seller as I had some credits to use). So when it went in stock a few mornings ago, I pulled the trigger. I'll primarily take photos with it but will dabble in some video shooting as well. My next event that I'm attending will be Wondercon in San Francisco, so getting this couldn't have come in at a better time. I still need to get an extra SDHC card (I wanted to "test" out the Transcend one before I purchase another), a battery grip and a new camera bag.

In regards to the SDHC card, I love Amazon's Certified Frustration-Free Packaging. If the price is the same or cheaper, I always opt for the frustration-free packaging. I've cut myself one too many times opening up those damn blister packaging.

Chairhome

Bii said:
I chuckled. :)

Canon EOS 60D. Body only. $880.
Transcend 16GB SDHC Flash Memory Card. Class 10. (not pictured) $25
Three years and 7,000+ photos later, I finally replaced my XTi. I had wanted to make an upgrade earlier last month but Amazon would always have it out of stock (I didn't want to purchase it through a third-party seller as I had some credits to use). So when it went in stock a few mornings ago, I pulled the trigger. I'll primarily take photos with it but will dabble in some video shooting as well. My next event that I'm attending will be Wondercon in San Francisco, so getting this couldn't have come in at a better time. I still need to get an extra SDHC card (I wanted to "test" out the Transcend one before I purchase another), a battery grip and a new camera bag.

In regards to the SDHC card, I love Amazon's Certified Frustration-Free Packaging. If the price is the same or cheaper, I always opt for the frustration-free packaging. I've cut myself one too many times opening up those damn blister packaging.
$880? That's a steal. I bought mine in December for $1400 after tax with the lens kit.

Risible

Azure Phoenix said:
If you can find the time, I highly recommend giving Haunting Ground a shot. It's only about 5 hours long and is well worth playing through, I regret having that gem in my backlog for so many years.

Seconded, I'm finally playing it now and it's atmospheric as hell.

Yes Boss!

Gouken said:
im glad it's not an indian movie :p
Boo!

And to think you live in one of the biggest non-indian markets for Indian movies. I'll convert you eventually! In the meantime, enjoy this great song from Magadheera...Allu Aravind/Geetha Arts will be remaking it next year in Hindi (hoping they cast Asin since she did both Ghajini's for them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUKwqJEHtE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That said, be sure to pick up the new Nausicaa. Prettier than even in the theater!

brvedvrbbfgn4mq8n.jpg

It's great how the German publisher keeps the original Japanese covers for their HD Ghibli releases. And thankfully the FSK logo is just an easily removable sticker.

Kahoona

Wormdundee said:
Ugh, that is painful to see, how did they do that?
It must have gotten crushed while shipping. For some reason, Amazon shipped it in a sleeve this time rather than using those tiny boxes that they usually ship Blu-Rays in. All is well though, they're overnighting me a new one.

isny

napkin dispenser
This is replacing my 3 year old card that recently died on me. Bunch of computer parts gave out, slowly getting them replaced. Luckily my extended warranty through my credit card saved me. They cut/are cutting me cheques for all of the dead parts that are still within the warranty window =D

n2h8jb.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
This just came in the mail =D

(Testing out my Ipod Touch 4g camera...and it really does suck doesn't it...lol)

soy4yf.jpg

.hacked

sw30w5.jpg

2011 Eclipse Gray MiniCooper S, with the 0.9% financing just could not say no. I'll miss Jasper (my 06 MiniCooperS).

Typographenia said:
JkFG0.jpg

Beady Eye was on sale and much better than I expected.
Abandoned Pools because Clone High had "Start Over" stuck in my head.
And CS5 for later... No pick ups for a while now, hahaha.

This is also my 300th post, and one year to the day I registered. Pretty good pick up day!

The Beady Eye album is quite good. Funny to see some one on here who has listened to it.

Finally picked up a new bedroom tv. You can't imagine how hard it is to find a tv with a matte screen and non glossy-black enclosure. So i decided to go the 40" Philips 9705. Really nice tv with full led backlight with local dimming, 400Hz and of course ambilight.

2ca3c6ce.jpg

bumclot

eL4TI.jpg

Mass Effect 2, Beavis & Butt-Head vol. 3 and Wes Craven collection.
Best Buy's really trying to compete. I picked up all of them for under the Amazon price.

isny

napkin dispenser
FINALBOSS said:
...seriously?

MarkMan said:
Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

This.

BdoUK

Finally got a proper bed (and bedroom furniture) this month. Added some wall painting and lamps and I think I'm all set. I also picked up a Zeppelin Air for AirPlay music streaming to my bedroom. Loving it so far!

2ljkj9j.jpg

2uptp1t.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Apenheul said:
I have (well.. had) two PS3s, besides I'm having loads of fun with those old games.
I think it makes sense. Last year was a solid year of retrogaming for me, and my Wii/PS3/360 collected dust. There is so much gold in gaming eras gone by.

There were times when I wondered... can you ever go back again? I know now, the answer is YES if you are of the right mindset.

Top Bottom