• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

n8NMONSTER said:
189412_794005459594_6312708_40593229_3746491_n.jpg

Evangelion Case for my 3GS.
I'd get an iPhone again. Just for this case. :O

Sorry for the DP, but I finally got around to taking pictures of my new stuff.

2yv6xw4.jpg

- Finally upgraded to a Dualshock after having a launch PS3 SIXAXIS.

13ym4v6.jpg

- Now the only Harry Potter movie on BRD I'm missing is Sorcerer's Stone.
- Pokémon White has to wait until I get my 3DS unfortunately. :(

Absinthe

Devin Olsen said:
Pickups from late last month + So far this month.

Mainly for snowboarding, this thing takes awesome video.
qaQjo.jpg

Went up in 23in of fresh two weeks ago.

Brought 3 of these, so sick, they work great, record forever, and the quality is crazy good for how much you move around.

I can't find what thread I mentioned it in (I miss you, search) but Sears has some crazy-old games that aren't priced properly so I'm slowly working through their inventory to see what gems I can dig up for a good price.

Last night I picked up Mario Strikers Charged for $24.99 and Warioware: Smooth Moves for $33.97.

Yes. Smooth Moves. A Wii launch game. Still on a store shelf marked for $49.99. What the hell.

Fn7aO.jpg

I also found copies of Spider-Man 3 and Katamari Damacy in a dump bin. It's like they're perpetually stuck in 2007.

I'm going to have to see if I can find a barcode scanner somewhere in the store so I can bring in a list of everything I want checked. (Problem is everything is clamshelled and locked onto pegs, so I'll have to bring a printout of barcodes myself to scan.)

There was a Live Vision camera for $12 but I can't think of a use for the damn thing, and there was also a few Rock Band/Guitar Hero/Lips Wireless Mics that I don't know the price on. Will definitely go back over the weekend for a copy of Perfect Dark Zero and Halo Wars, and possibly more, depending on what I come across.

Jomjom

Banned
Not a Jellyfish said:
These are amazing!
Where did you get them? :)

They are the Chrono Trigger Formation Arts. I had my friend in Japan buy me a case (6 blind boxes) at some store in Akihabara. I'm not really sure where to get them here in the states.

Wraith RazieL

Neo Member
Been a while since I posted here! This thread is a very bad influence on my wallet.

I went a little DS crazy this month. How I missed out on the Ace Attorney series, I don't know! Thank you iTunes! I picked up Phoenix Wright for free as part of the Capcom deal for buying Ghost Trick. I am now on the search for Trials and Tribulations.
DSCN1453-1.jpg
DSCN1450-1-2.jpg

My local Blockbuster is OOB so I picked up a few games (scratchless discs!) and some random stuff I didn't bother taking pics of...
DSCN1456.jpg

Pm'd you !

Just in ,

Ibara Insanity DVD Superrrrrrrrrrplay !

DSCF3927.jpg

The last of my missing 360 Cave shmups :

DSCF3933.jpg

I'm ready for Akai Katana Shin now .

jling84 said:
They are the Chrono Trigger Formation Arts. I had my friend in Japan buy me a case (6 blind boxes) at some store in Akihabara. I'm not really sure where to get them here in the states.
The Square-Enix online store has the set of four on their website. Comes in one box. Otherwise, anime conventions or perhaps Kinokuniya would be a definite bet.

And picked this up last night, though my manager at GS needs to find me a stylus (I pre-ordered it but didn't get it).

db139a6a.jpg

picked up 2 of these for Wii. they were 9.99 so I couldn't resist. actually they work and feel pretty damn good. stick could be stiffer though

ccfDF.jpg

Jomjom

Banned
Alucrid said:
NERV thing is pretty cool. I doubt anyone would know that it's anime related unless they've seen NGE.

I've had people not in the know ask me if the Nerv symbol had something to do with Canada.

isny

napkin dispenser
Picked this up on ebay for cheap. Seems to be authentic (even though it's clearly a Chinese release, the music is of course still in English)

This is just a compilation of the compilation discs Disney sells. It includes volumes 1-5. The track list can be found here.

357hvsz.jpg

CrankyJay

Banned
Weenerz said:
Great case btw, so much room. Also, where did you get the ASUS monitors? And how much/what size? I am looking to do a multiple monitor setup soon.

I got a sweetheart deal at Buy.com back in January.

They are 23" VH236H (1920 x 1080)

I got each for $153 with a $20 rebate for both so I got them $266 with free shipping. Tax was another $26 dollars...so I basically got them for around $300.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059&Tpk=asus vh236h

photowep.jpg

new macbook pro 15". 2.2ghz quad core, 8GB DDR3-1333 (was $65 on newegg), seagate momentus XT 500GB (stock hd was 500GB 7200rpm), amd radeon 6750 1GB, and of course the high res antiglare (1680x1050 - glossy can go to hell). just got it yesterday, and i love it. upgraded from the last gen mbp (2.66ghz core i7, 8GB DDR3-1066, geforce 330m 512MB, antiglare, momentus XT 500GB).

also pictured - mvc3 SE for 360, the guide, and the "fixed" dpad 360 controller were pickups from last month. the special edition zelda phantom hourglass DS lite is my brothers, and i have my logitech z-5500s in the back. the mouse i use is the microsoft intellimouse 3.0, with a carpet/rug mousepad. :)

edgefusion

secretanchitman said:

I'm unbearably jealous of that screen. I horribly regret buying an MBP with a glossy screen, such a piece of shit. Trying to watch any kind of movie results in an hour and a half of me looking at my face. Same reason why I had to trash all my dark wallpapers, they all just turn into pictures of my room.

Synless

edgefusion said:
I'm unbearably jealous of that screen. I horribly regret buying an MBP with a glossy screen, such a piece of shit. Trying to watch any kind of movie results in an hour and a half of me looking at my face. Same reason why I had to trash all my dark wallpapers, they all just turn into pictures of my room.
Same, I have no idea why the hell their screens need to be that damn glossy. No other laptop that I have ever owned reflects the way that my macbook pro's does.

edgefusion - i actually get compliments from it all the time. :) the unibody macbook pro from late 2008 was pissing me off because it only had the option for a glossy screen. i had to buy an antiglare film to put on it because the glare was extremely bad. i then sold that one and bought the last generation one, and it was a hell of a better because not only was it antiglare, but it was high resolution as well.

synless - its because the general public that walks in to the stores prefer shiny things and are more likely to be attracted to them, hence their standard screens are all glossy. its interesting that the antiglare actually costs money to produce, but i can understand because they mass produce glossy screens and barely produce any antiglare now. people would prefer to see "more vivid" colors that "pop". however, there are some people who just cant stand the glossy/glass screen that apple puts on their machines (like yours truly!). im actually glad they brought back the antiglare. in addition, its half a pound lighter than the glossy versions! the glass actually adds half a pound to the weight, so my computer weighs around 5lbs, as opposed to 5.5/5.6lbs.

Alucrid

Banned
secretanchitman said:
edgefusion - i actually get compliments from it all the time. :) the unibody macbook pro from late 2008 was pissing me off because it only had the option for a glossy screen. i had to buy an antiglare film to put on it because the glare was extremely bad. i then sold that one and bought the last generation one, and it was a hell of a better because not only was it antiglare, but it was high resolution as well.

synless - its because the general public that walks in to the stores prefer shiny things and are more likely to be attracted to them, hence their standard screens are all glossy. its interesting that the antiglare actually costs money to produce, but i can understand because they mass produce glossy screens and barely produce any antiglare now. people would prefer to see "more vivid" colors that "pop". however, there are some people who just cant stand the glossy/glass screen that apple puts on their machines (like yours truly!). im actually glad they brought back the antiglare. in addition, its half a pound lighter than the glossy versions! the glass actually adds half a pound to the weight, so my computer weighs around 5lbs, as opposed to 5.5/5.6lbs.

I bought a MBP in 2009 I guess and yeah, the screen sucks. I want to sell it and grab an air maybe. Do they come with anti-glare screens?

Alucrid said:
I bought a MBP in 2009 I guess and yeah, the screen sucks. I want to sell it and grab an air maybe. Do they come with anti-glare screens?

yes and no. the border is silver, like the antiglare screens on the 15/17" models, but the coating on the screen is glossy. however, there is no glass over the screen so its not overly reflective/glossy.

Yes Boss!

Seems like every single week there is a neato PS1 game to get on the US store. Loving it. Especially since VC has slowed down so much.

e75b185f.jpg

Holy crap, thanks for posting that and reminding me I need to download that game ASAP!

Here's my main pickup this month, so far. I also picked up a new Xbox 360 Slim, but no pic of that yet.

QACpR.jpg

Synless

secretanchitman said:

I didn't know that. I wish I knew more about macs before I made my decision to buy one a few days ago. I haven't decided whether I like it yet or not. My biggest regret right now is not investing the extra $300 to get the one with the better graphics card. Not that I do alot of PC gaming, but it would have been nice for the long run.

isny

napkin dispenser
Finally got around to getting to Staples to have them print the graphics out for this for me. Burned the disc back in Dec when they gave the CD out to fan club members, but never had the time to get the whole package done up. (Yes I know the physical release is coming out soon...)

j7gs1t.jpg
2drf7ed.jpg
wahylc.jpg

Synless said:
I didn't know that. I wish I knew more about macs before I made my decision to buy one a few days ago. I haven't decided whether I like it yet or not. My biggest regret right now is not investing the extra $300 to get the one with the better graphics card. Not that I do alot of PC gaming, but it would have been nice for the long run.

If you truly don't like your screen and are still within your 14 day return policy, you can order the low end model with antiglare online if you want! unfortunately, the only way to get an antiglare 15" mbp in the retail store is by buying the high end 15" model with the faster cpu, so its like $2549 or something ridiculous. however, i always order online because i prefer to do custom build my computers - mac and pc!

Synless

secretanchitman said:
If you truly don't like your screen and are still within your 14 day return policy, you can order the low end model with antiglare online if you want! unfortunately, the only way to get an antiglare 15" mbp in the retail store is by buying the high end 15" model with the faster cpu, so its like $2549 or something ridiculous. however, i always order online because i prefer to do custom build my computers - mac and pc!
Isn't there something like a 15% restocking fee? There isn't a chance in hell I'm paying that just to upgrade to the higher end version.

Top Bottom