• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
InfiniteNine said:
Uro-tan's Milkie Strike and NiseMIDIdoronkai's YUMMY!!!
wBFVYl.jpg

Son, I am approve.

gibon3z said:
I apologize for the quality of the picture it was taken with my EVO terrible camera.

I just got my astro a40s yesterday. They are amazing but more importantly wow they are comfortable.
Why didn't you pay the $30.00 extra for a wireless Mixamp?

Devin Olsen said:
Why didn't you pay the $30.00 extra for a wireless Mixamp?

I wanted the wired. I had a wireless headset before and there was a slight hiss. Did not want to take any chances and most people seem to think the wired mix amp has the best sound quality.

I'm really loving this headset.

FINALBOSS

Banned
gibon3z said:
I wanted the wired. I had a wireless headset before and there was a slight hiss. Did not want to take any chances and most people seem to think the wired mix amp has the best sound quality.

I'm really loving this headset.

I had both at the same time and I can unequivocally say that they sound identical--plus the wireless one has 7.1 surround and bass boost. Astro really did a great job with the wireless. I ended up selling my wired mixamp.

Jburton

Banned
Here is mine for the month:

HidFl.jpg

Plus Killzone 3, GOW3, UC2, Dissidia 012 and Raging Bull Bluray

p.s sorry for crappy cell phone quality pic.

FINALBOSS said:
I had both at the same time and I can unequivocally say that they sound identical--plus the wireless one has 7.1 surround and bass boost. Astro really did a great job with the wireless. I ended up selling my wired mixamp.

I see, I do believe the wired 2011 mix amp that I got has 7.1 also not sure about bass boost though. Wired just works best with my set up, perhaps Ill look into getting a wireless one in the future.

The only thing that is really bugging me however is how voice chat works on the 360.

You need to connect a 2.5mm to 3.5mm from the bottom of the controller to the mix amp.

Why can't Microsoft be more open and release a patch that allows voice chat via USB like the ps3.

This would eliminate one more cable from my set up pisses me off how backwards Microsoft is sometimes.

reektann

Jive Turkey said:
Count me in the ranks that need that mug.

EDIT: $12 + $7 shipping? I guess I don't need it.

EDIT the sequel: Though they should have a shop in Burbank. Maybe I'll see if I can buy it there.

I'm in the UK so paid about $25 for shipping for 2 of these! Still, really nice quality mug and a cool item :) much love to all the Community fans who are into the mug.

best album I've heard in a long time
x3sl7a.jpg

wrcs60.jpg

CunninLynguists -Oneirology

loaded up on point cards and XBL and Kinect Sports, also go the Kinect and Dance Central earlier in the month
f2kod2.jpg
f2vjmc.jpg

and even though my Cardinals lost got some new hats
2n8a5wg.jpg

5z2p7q.jpg
1nzbie.jpg

LiK

Y4.jpg

UK steelbook
Y4LE.jpg

forgot i had this preordered at Capcom store. they didn't F up.
AMMY.jpg

Amazon Gold Box so only $15 each
YTKJ.jpg

from Aksys store sale
BBCS.jpg

used a gift card on it
MOVE.jpg

HK blu
2011-03-24_16-24-24_929.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Haro timidly investigates the new DS!

2q0lxma.jpg

I think he likes it! It's no Gundam, but it will do! (I had to let him down that Gundam may not be released in North America for the 3DS =( )

2qdoej4.jpg

Bii

My 3DS won't arrive for another few days. :(

5563443708_869db95267_b.jpg

5562868365_e910aa3045_b.jpg

5563444088_10313ff04b_b.jpg

1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die. General Editor: Tony Mott. 960 pages. $24
This book is gigantic. I skimmed through it really quick and it'll be a nice book to use on the throne (I can read it here and there). I do have a few criticisms, though. It would have been nice if a screenshot of all the games accompanied their corresponding write-ups. As you can see on the third picture above (with Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow), there isn't one for Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training. No big deal, though. Also, some of the screenshots aren't in-game...so some may be misleading. As for the selection of games, of course, there will be a lot of "where's X game?", but I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more games from the 8-bit and 16-bit era. Half of the book had games from 2000-present. Regardless of me nitpicking, I'm sure this'll be a fun read. Just for fun, I did a quick count and I've played ~205 games out of 1001.

5563444334_7234f76e79_b.jpg

Ridge Racer 3D. Namco. Nintendo 3DS. $38
For an entire week, like many others, Amazon teased me by sending Ridge Racer 3D early. I've had it since Tuesday. My 3DS won't arrive until another few days. :/

5563444190_3e8475d2dd_b.jpg

ProGrade 82067 Utility Knife. $8
After 10+ years of receiving hundreds and hundreds of packages through the mail, I finally broke down and bought a proper box cutter. For $8, I'm thoroughly impressed. The weight, handle, and sharpness of the blade had me in awe. This knife will last me for a while since it came with 7 additional blades.

5563444604_533293afa3_b.jpg

Sander Canvas Boat Shoe. Polo Ralph Lauren. Color: Blueberry. Size 10.5. $64
For double or triple the amount of $$, I could have gone for the shoes that I really wanted (Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski Obsidian/Leather). But as soon as I saw this pair on Ralph Lauren's subscriber's e-mail, I just had to get it. I may just order another pair in a different colorway as I'm really loving this one.

Got this sexy beast at Midnight:

199422_10150115555486646_685251645_7027270_6053569_n.jpg

Along with Ridge Racer & SSF43D.

Just got back from Toys R Us and bought the other 4 games, 2 were half price due to the sale.

199950_10150115886621646_685251645_7031119_4745962_n.jpg

profit

5563444604_533293afa3_b.jpg

Sander Canvas Boat Shoe. Polo Ralph Lauren. Color: Blueberry. Size 10.5. $64
For double or triple the amount of $$, I could have gone for the shoes that I really wanted (Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski Obsidian/Leather). But as soon as I saw this pair on Ralph Lauren's subscriber's e-mail, I just had to get it. I may just order another pair in a different colorway as I'm really loving this one.

Nice shoes! I have the Janoski's and they are awesome! Do not know if you skate, so they might not be so awesome for you as they were for me ^^

Sethos

Banned
Picked up a pair of really crappy shoes for practically no money, the build quality is rubbish but I needed a pair of spare shoes sitting around. Also got the Digital version of DCS A-10.

Pickup1.png

Pickup2.png

olore

Bii said:
My 3DS won't arrive for another few days. :(

5563443708_869db95267_b.jpg

Chunky book. There`s two different versions of this book, or at least different wrappers, do you know if there is a difference between them?

_dementia said:
That's such a cool looking stick grap3fruitman. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of multicolored buttons in this instance.
I actually like the colors. I'm a complete stick newb so they're also helpful in getting me to get button placement down.

Top Bottom