• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yuterald said:
I figured the 3DS launch would be an appropriate first post in these threads. =)

100_0610.jpg

Holy crap you have a lot of DS games : o

Shadybiz

IMAG0078.jpg

Got this the other day; I had read too many good things about it on Gaf to resist. Can't wait to play it!

And: Very cute dog.
Very cool idea for a book. I'll have to check that out someday.

woober

Weenerz said:
Only a minimal upgrade :p

Heh, to be honest, the 4890 held up just fine in the crysis 2 demo on advanced settings. I just felt the itch to upgrade and I don't see any new cards coming out soon before battlefield 3 releases.

woober said:
Heh, to be honest, the 4890 held up just fine in the crysis 2 demo on advanced settings. I just felt the itch to upgrade and I don't see any new cards coming out soon before battlefield 3 releases.

In the same boat. Though I still have my Sapphire Toxic 5850 1GB, the 6950 seemed to good to pass up. I'll just move the 5850 to the second gamer pc. Crysis speaking, I really really want to pick it up, but the PC gamer in me is telling me to not do it until we get directx 11 support ;( I still can't see how Crytek said that they weren't going to ignore the PC community and do it right and still drop the ball.

Bii

fadetoblack said:
How are the build quality on those slip-ons? I love buying them but they never tend to last very long due to really flimsy soles.

They are a step up from...Vans. Which doesn't say much since I absolutely dislike Vans (in terms of comfort and build quality). These boat shoes I bought are mostly for looks. If I plan to be out and about, walking all day, I probably wouldn't put these on. Also, the sole seems to be of the same material that is on another pair of RL shoes that I have. So any scuff marks that appear on the lower sole will be difficult to remove.

olore said:
Chunky book. There`s two different versions of this book, or at least different wrappers, do you know if there is a difference between them?

Hmm, I don't know if there are two different versions but I do know that there are different covers for the US/UK version. I have the US version which is pictured and the UK version has the alien from Space Invaders.

2uij72x.png

3DS, Pro Evo, SSFIV, Bust-a-Move, Pilotwings, and an Epic 4G with a rockin' Game Gripper.

It all pales in comparison to what Tuesday has in store. I I I wanna go-o-o to Best Buy-y-y and get my Brit on tonight.

Gong

Birthdays are always fun, esp. when you turn 40. Does that make me the oldest Jr on GAF? :-D Here's my haul from today:

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

But by far the best, which will be consumed tonight with family and friends:

DSC00617.jpg

Also got a good wedge of cash and a copy of Crysis 2 (360) last week.

Aguirre

Antonio Carlos Jobim, The Man From Ipanema

qGJqU.png

sy1Ux.png

lORA1.png

yquj3.png

mA6q0.png

The design of this is simply glorious. It also includes a small biography and some analysis of the lyrics of his songs my scholars.

-PXG-

Toy Soldier said:
2uij72x.png

3DS, Pro Evo, SSFIV, Bust-a-Move, Pilotwings, and an Epic 4G with a rockin' Game Gripper.

It all pales in comparison to what Tuesday has in store. I I I wanna go-o-o to Best Buy-y-y and get my Brit on tonight.

What? No titty pics.

Stooo

Neo Member
IMG_2422.jpg

Take That Sing Star for the wife, Mirror's Edge was only £3, Killzone Helghast edition with the silly big helmet was only £39, Rockband 3, 2100 points for RB3 tunes, RR Type-4 was only 99p.

IMG_2405.jpg

My first DSLR. Had a shot of a Nikon D70S for a few months but I much prefer the size of the Canon. Also got a camera bag and a couple of 8GB SD cards. I'll wait until I've got to grips with it before splashing out on another lens or two...

Stooo said:
IMG_2405.jpg

My first DSLR.

Congrats and welcome...GREAT first camera to boot!
remember to jump into the Camera Threads in OT

We've been shooting for a while now and rocking a T1i...so you will have an abundance of power
stock lens?

i3b0jo.jpg

Obligatory 3ds shot

2rw3l0z.jpg

New 2.3Ghz 17" Macbook Pro with 8GB Ram after my 2009 MBP was stolen in a burglary

avob6b.jpg

Cool Mario beanie modeled by my son :)

2afekj.jpg

NES Keychain

2hqccg0.jpg

mypressi twist hand-held espresso machine

Bii said:
1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die. General Editor: Tony Mott. 960 pages. $24
This book is gigantic. I skimmed through it really quick and it'll be a nice book to use on the throne (I can read it here and there). I do have a few criticisms, though. It would have been nice if a screenshot of all the games accompanied their corresponding write-ups. As you can see on the third picture above (with Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow), there isn't one for Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training. No big deal, though. Also, some of the screenshots aren't in-game...so some may be misleading. As for the selection of games, of course, there will be a lot of "where's X game?", but I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more games from the 8-bit and 16-bit era. Half of the book had games from 2000-present. Regardless of me nitpicking, I'm sure this'll be a fun read. Just for fun, I did a quick count and I've played ~205 games out of 1001.
I just ordered that book. I like that kind of stuff.

I don't know why, but my brain says buy. So I did.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Shadowhaxor said:
In the same boat. Though I still have my Sapphire Toxic 5850 1GB, the 6950 seemed to good to pass up. I'll just move the 5850 to the second gamer pc. Crysis speaking, I really really want to pick it up, but the PC gamer in me is telling me to not do it until we get directx 11 support ;( I still can't see how Crytek said that they weren't going to ignore the PC community and do it right and still drop the ball.
Same here, I'm waiting on the DX11 patch. In the meantime I'm trying to decide between retail or steam lol.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Got this history of Nintendo handheld console postcard book from Japan Club Nintendo to commemorate the 3DS launch.

IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2913.JPG

Each page has a postcard with one of the systems on a plain color background, then the last page is a 3DS with a twinkly lenticular background. There's also a little sticker sheet.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
lobdale said:
Got this history of Nintendo handheld console postcard book from Japan Club Nintendo to commemorate the 3DS launch.

IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2913.JPG

Each page has a postcard with one of the systems on a plain color background, then the last page is a 3DS with a twinkly lenticular background. There's also a little sticker sheet.
Where is virtual boy on that

alphaNoid

Banned
Stooo said:
IMG_2405.jpg

My first DSLR. Had a shot of a Nikon D70S for a few months but I much prefer the size of the Canon. Also got a camera bag and a couple of 8GB SD cards. I'll wait until I've got to grips with it before splashing out on another lens or two...
Welcome to the Canon EOS line!!

I was using a Rebel XSi (450D) for about 18 months and recently upgraded to a 7D and a nice 24-700 2.8L series lens. The lens made all the difference, take your time learning the DSLR in and out and maybe in several months or a year upgrade out of the kit lens.

The Canon EOS line is very good, you made a wise decision.

PalaceBrother said:
Nice wine glass! I had four of those at one point, and they have all passed on to a better place.

Funny that. My wife won't let me drink out this glass for that very same reason. It's 1 of 2 left from a 6 piece set we got as a wedding gift. My cup is not pictured as it's my lucky Exxon 64oz big gulp cup that I've had since my days at college. 1999 to be exact :/

Alucrid

Banned
GotEmRunnin said:
Funny that. My wife won't let me drink out this glass for that very same reason. It's 1 of 2 left from a 6 piece set we got as a wedding gift. My cup is not pictured as it's my lucky Exxon 64oz big gulp cup that I've had since my days at college. 1999 to be exact :/

What's that mixed drink called?

Konig94

Neo Member
egcoj.jpg

Awesome birthday gift.

TXoea.jpg

Finally got an upgrade from my 20GB HDD.

SG6Tk.jpg

I got this one a while ago, but I haven't had the chance to post it.

Tangled 3D and You Can (Not) Advance 2.22 and a iPad 2 Clear Case, down side is I couldn't use he Smart Cover with it, but I fixed that lol

fdd41d08.jpg

Here's what it looks like after I put the smart cover back on it.
7f477072.jpg

576f1f43.jpg

Oh and a new pub style table for the kitchen for the wife
89de94bf.jpg

Top Bottom