• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

VASPER

Banned
akmcbroom said:
Got my new rig last week.

6r7ako.jpg

Finally got everything put together and installed. So nice having a decent gaming pc again!

Congrats, thats looks like a pretty slick setup. I know how it feels put together my first rig not too long ago.

Thoraxes

Go my 3DS case today. It looks awesome, smells like all new leathery goodness, and feels durable, tight, and a great case.

I'm depressed because I don't have my 3DS yet. Wednesday will be that day

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
WP_000299.jpg

Loving it so so much.

Was only planning on getting 2 titles at launch, but hype + people raving about shadow wars got to me.

dubc35

HyperMusic said:
Birthdays are always fun, esp. when you turn 40. Does that make me the oldest Jr on GAF? :-D Here's my haul from today:

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae343/usernameDOA/DSC00622.jpg[IMG]

But by far the best, which will be consumed tonight with family and friends:

[IMG]http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae343/usernameDOA/DSC00617.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
It's been a while since I've read Bukowski. I was on a 5 year or so spree where I would read Factotum every year. I can always find a laugh in what can be some dark writing.

I'm not a huge Matt Dillion fan but he played a good Hank in the [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417658/"]Factotum movie[/URL]. I expected it to be utter garbage but it was actually decent (decent is a good rating as it could have easily been beyond terrible).

Cheers! Happy B-day and enjoy the whiskey with family and friends, then enjoy it with Buk.

Cdammen

crysis2.jpg

Couldn't resist it, wanted to wait for a Steam sale or something but all the pretty screenshots made me buy it a day after release.

Once I removed mouse smoothing I started to enjoy the game, and it looks fantastic in 1080p on Extreme settings. I've just
entered the "hive"
. I'm playing it stealthy and I set up C4 traps whenever it's possible.

The "limited edition" on the box is stupid, every Crysis 2 copy in the store was this. Didn't see the regular one.

Stooo

Neo Member
Litflynt912 said:
Congrats and welcome...GREAT first camera to boot!
remember to jump into the Camera Threads in OT

We've been shooting for a while now and rocking a T1i...so you will have an abundance of power
stock lens?

alphaNoid said:
Welcome to the Canon EOS line!!

I was using a Rebel XSi (450D) for about 18 months and recently upgraded to a 7D and a nice 24-700 2.8L series lens. The lens made all the difference, take your time learning the DSLR in and out and maybe in several months or a year upgrade out of the kit lens.

The Canon EOS line is very good, you made a wise decision.

Cheers guys, I'll start hanging out in the Camera Thread and pick up what advice I can. I'm loving the Canon, the 18-55mm kit lens seems fine for messing about and learning the ins-and-outs. I've completely bypassed "green" mode and I'm sticking to Aperture Priority mode, and I'm getting reasonable results so far.

Built my first light box at the weekend :)

ASilva

Neo Member
Loads of money was spent this month!

Finally bought a PC:

purchaseutw4.jpg

Everything set:

donehqg5.jpg

Replaced old ass KB+Mouse:

kbm4p51.jpg

Got me some games:

gaemsjqti.jpg

steamzqyx.jpg

rift8s6v.jpg

Also got a Samsung XL2370:

readyao9x.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
can't see what kind of mouse that is?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IsayFever said:
On the box it's listed, Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
Wtf, that pic wasn't even loaded when I posted :lol Just saw the last pic in his post

Gameboy415

Toy Soldier said:
2uij72x.png

3DS, Pro Evo, SSFIV, Bust-a-Move, Pilotwings, and an Epic 4G with a rockin' Game Gripper.

It all pales in comparison to what Tuesday has in store. I I I wanna go-o-o to Best Buy-y-y and get my Brit on tonight.

Great pickups! :)

Good timing on the Epic 4G too - Android 2.2 FINALLY came out this past month.
I had no idea there was a Game Gripper available though! I'll definitely be picking one up.

How is Bust-A-Move Universe??

ChRoNiTe said:
http://i.imgur.com/7a0zK.jpg[IMG]

Biggest pickup for me in a long time. 2010 Fusion SEL, pretty stoked!![/QUOTE]

Got my 2011 back in January. High Five Fusion brother.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/37n3j.jpg

dc89

Just slightly off topic but if you don't post a real pic is it actually BAN!?

Nice pick ups guys. I don't think I'll be getting much more this month.

Hazelhurst

I got a good deal on one of these. Upgrading from a Core 2 Duo e8400 (3.0Ghz).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz (slight overclock to 3Ghz currently) 12MB L2 Cache
2dtxb2s.jpg

xf9fgh.jpg

dc89 said:

Two years ago or so, someone posted a stock photo of a blue DS and may have got banned for it (though honestly, I'm not sure if that was the reason). I'm trying to find the post.

edit: it was longer than I thought, almost 3 years ago.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357179
10th post

Carlisle

All my extra money since Christmas has been piling up for this pickup, so I thought I'd make it my inaugural post in one of these threads. No other video games (except a $15 Nier + a few >$5 DD titles) this year, no other gadgets or fun stuff. It was all for this and it is so fucking worth it, but I'm so happy I can start buying shit again now :)

2iok5l.jpg

64gb wifi

Also, Ghost Recon should be here tomorrow :)

Carlisle said:
All my extra money since Christmas has been piling up for this pickup, so I thought I'd make it my inaugural post in one of these threads. No other video games (except a $15 Nier + a few >$5 DD titles) this year, no other gadgets or fun stuff. It was all for this and I'm so happy I can start buying shit again now :)

2iok5l.jpg
Congrats on the haul. Looks well-worth the sacrifice!

zychi said:
Where did you purchase the iPad case and what did you do exactly to modify it for the smart cover?

Picked it up from amazon

All I did was put the case on, then I put the smart cover on, let the hinges hang over to get an idea of where to cut it. Use a thin pin to draw a line to cut by using the bottom of the smart cover hinge as the guide.

Then just cut it with scissors. Worked pretty mell because the cut is fairly clean and sits just under the hinge so you cannot really tell it wasnt like that to begin with unless you really look hard.

Rich!

DeSwH.jpg

Played a bit at the 3DS event last night and liked it - hopefully the full game will be good. First platformer for the 3DS!

Will give opinions and feedback in a bit.

dc89 said:

I suppose you would. I've been reading the pickup threads since I joined gaf and I've only actually seen somebody post a stock photo maybe 2 or 3 times. They were quickly notified that this was not good and they changed it. So I can't say I remember anyone actually being banned for it because hardly anyone posts stock photos.

seeds19

Banned
DSC01130.jpg

Razer onza pad, i need a pad for pc.
Crysis 2.
Dragon age 2.
Dragon age 2 strategy guide.

And a few games from steam (no pics sorry)
Crysis 2 (the true edition, console version looks great, but looks shitty compared to the master race version)
Vampire the masquerade (great bugged game, a lot of problems for runnig this game in windows 7 64 bits)
The void (awesome looking game, i love the style of the game and has boobs xD)
Star wars kotor.

seeds19

Banned
ithorien said:
Impressions?

For shooters, the best Xbox 360 and PC pad, for driving games (forza 3 etc...) the 360 pad has better feeling (the triggers are "progressive" in the razer pad are "gun" triggers) sorry if i not explain properly mi english are crappy, but for me for shooters (halo cod, geow etc) razer onza>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>other pads, for other type of games no.

ithorien

seeds19 said:
For shooters, the best Xbox 360 and PC pad, for driving games (forza 3 etc...) the 360 pad has better feeling (the triggers are "progressive" in the razer pad are "gun" triggers) sorry if i not explain properly mi english are crappy, but for me for shooters (halo cod, geow etc) razer onza>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>other pads, for other type of games no.

I think what you're saying is that the triggers are digital on the Onza unlike analog on the 360 pad. The analog triggers is what drives me crazy on my 360 pad.

Yuterald

100_0616.jpg

Picked up my 3rd Birthday, played about 2 hours and enjoying it.

Got Capcom Classics in the mail today as well. Going to eventually ad hoc some of the games on there with some buddies. =)

I wasn't going to get SSF43D for awhile, but I picked it up because a friend was freaking out about it. I've been buying too much stuff!!!

Top Bottom