• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.e.r.g

cjdunn said:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/cjdunn73/mar0809.jpg]
Rrrrrreally offtopic, but I remember an old 1up show where they had these small button-mashers where the point was to press the button as many times as possible over a given time. It looked a lot like the one linked above, but I guess that's some sort of watch or something.
Anyway, what are those button-mashers called and where can you get em? Anyone knows?

Yes Boss!

b.e.r.g said:
Rrrrrreally offtopic, but I remember an old 1up show where they had these small button-mashers where the point was to press the button as many times as possible over a given time. It looked a lot like the one linked above, but I guess that's some sort of watch or something.
Anyway, what are those button-mashers called and where can you get em? Anyone knows?

Play-asia has them in stock for $15 right now:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7g-77-6-49-en-15-hudson+shooting+watch-70-2z8s.html

Kagami

I bought a new jacket, too!
262xlqv.jpg
2afbxaa.jpg

Not directly game related, although there are a couple of (probably mediocre) games coming out based on it.

march08g.jpg

P4 Tee from Play.com
Dragon Quest Slime Controller + Jessica Play Arts Figure
Mr Bean's Holiday DVD (REALLY funny. Watch it!)
Alien VS Preditor DVD
Little Miss Sunshine DVD

Yeap.

_dementia said:
That's awesome. You think they'd ever do a Cuilan statue? I would imagine he's the most popular character.

Well, given that most figures are made to capitalize on the sexiness of female game characters, probably not. But with Senko no Ronde DUO coming out in the arcades in a couple months we could see some new figures. Some of the new characters already look pretty cool. I'm monitoring the G.Rev blog for updates weekly.

Siegfried

Zoz said:
You´re here too?

AND NOW I KNOW THE REASON THAT LEFT YOU OUT OF XBOX LIVE.

TRAITOR.

Damn! Caught with my pants down. Yeah, I bought a ps3. I'm not proud of it :(

You can blame Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Uncharted for that. Too bad I din't like Killzone 2 and went back to live to play Resident Evil 5 instead :D

adversesolutions said:
Well, given that most figures are made to capitalize on the sexiness of female game characters, probably not. But with Senko no Ronde DUO coming out in the arcades in a couple months we could see some new figures. Some of the new characters already look pretty cool. I'm monitoring the G.Rev blog for updates weekly.
Hahah, so true. Then again, Max Factory (they made the Changpo statue, right) made a Bridget one when they had the Guilty Gear license, which leads me to believe androgynous males are exempt!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
_dementia said:
Hahah, so true. Then again, Max Factory (they made the Changpo statue, right) made a Bridget one when they had the Guilty Gear license, which leads me to believe androgynous males are exempt!
The Bridget one is the only figure outside of a Dante one I really wanted. Kinda regret not getting it either.

Had to buy it. Even that it sucks it does not have a cartridge slot and more than half of the 86 build-in games are homebrew like games such Chess, Tic-Tac-Toe and the like, but come on, where I would play Genesis versions of NFS ProStreet, The Sims 2, SimCity and FIFA 08? My collector´s soul must be feed...

Presenting the Sega MegaDrive (Genesis) 3 model compact (6"x6"x1"):

9152cfe9c85d5385f896d33976fced6d.jpg

d671daf2df34c1e345f5320cac739ec2.jpg

79fd6f9ec28d0c5f33bd96353499a8d3.jpg

By the way, it is an official licensed product, produced by TecToy in Brazil, and not a bootleg product.

Chiaroscuro said:
Had to buy it. Even that it sucks it does not have a cartridge slot and more than half of the 86 build-in games are homebrew like games such Chess, Tic-Tac-Toe and the like, but come on, where I would play Genesis versions of NFS ProStreet, The Sims 2, SimCity and FIFA 08? My collector´s soul must be feed...

Presenting the Sega MegaDrive (Genesis) 3 model compact (6"x6"x1"):

9152cfe9c85d5385f896d33976fced6d.jpg

d671daf2df34c1e345f5320cac739ec2.jpg

79fd6f9ec28d0c5f33bd96353499a8d3.jpg

By the way, it is an official licensed product, produced by TecToy in Brazil, and not a bootleg product.

I've always been amazed by TecToy and their neverending support of the MegaDrive and Master System down in Brazil. Could you show us what the new EA games look like in 16-bit?

Official price is R$ 299, which would be around US$ 120 (pretty expensive I guess). I bought it in a store promotion for R$ 199. They also have the new MasterSystem for R$ 129...

The 4 EA games are conversions from the mobile phone games. I just tried NFS and it is bad... Really a mobile phone game.

Give me a few moments and I will take some game photos.

Now, I need a Zeebo!

Some game pictures (excuse their quality). The Sims 2 is actually quite good, FIFA is FIFA anyway. The begining of SimCity does not give much about the game, so I will not say anything about it. ProStreet feels and play like the mobile phone game it is.

There are some good genesis games on it, like Shadow Dancer, Shinobi 3, Sonic 3, etc.

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin
posted towards the beginning of the month..
DSC01155.jpg

KDL-40XBR6

Finally Got it set up

9pryh5.jpg

Too bad I suck at taking pics, but movies look incredible on it

20s992t.jpg

Had to pick up a few new ones, Wall E looked stunning plus it's a good movie. first time I've seen it.

Parasite Eve & Parasite Eve II from LevelNth in the buy/sell thread:
IMG_0748.jpg

April Edge issue (LBP is cover 200):
IMG_0746.jpg

Nite Owl coffee (Got this last week, forgot to take pics):
DSC00647.jpg

B.K.

I just won a mint condition copy of Xenogears: Thousands of Daggers on Ebay for $21. :D

The only bad thing about it was that it had $18 shipping. I'll post pics of it when it gets here. I've been wanting that book for a long time. I got it even cheaper than I did my copy of Perfect Works. :D

Blablurn

Android18a said:
P4 Tee from Play.com
Dragon Quest Slime Controller + Jessica Play Arts Figure
Mr Bean's Holiday DVD (REALLY funny. Watch it!)
Alien VS Preditor DVD
Little Miss Sunshine DVD

Yeap.

fuuuuuck. i ordered one of the shirt bundles as well but didn't get one :(

It might come late. I pre-ordered like 3 days before it came out, so if you got there early it should come. I got an email saying it was delayed, but then it arrived yesterday and I was all "wow, wasn't expecting that!".

It's a bit big, though.

Blablurn

Android18a said:
It might come late. I pre-ordered like 3 days before it came out, so if you got there early it should come. I got an email saying it was delayed, but then it arrived yesterday and I was all "wow, wasn't expecting that!".

It's a bit big, though.

aaah! just saw that i also received one of those emails. didn't check my mails that often :lol thank your for the info!

Gagaman

Chiaroscuro said:
Some game pictures (excuse their quality). The Sims 2 is actually quite good, FIFA is FIFA anyway. The begining of SimCity does not give much about the game, so I will not say anything about it. ProStreet feels and play like the mobile phone game it is.

There are some good genesis games on it, like Shadow Dancer, Shinobi 3, Sonic 3, etc.

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg
Are those textured polygon cars or pre-rendered sprites? If the former that's quite impressive if it's running on the same hardware of a regular Mega Drive, and not on a separate chip.

Also, how much did it cost you to get one of these things? I've heard the Tec Toy systems are quite expensive.

Gagaman said:
Are those textured polygon cars or pre-rendered sprites? If the former that's quite impressive if it's running on the same hardware of a regular Mega Drive, and not on a separate chip.

Also, how much did it cost you to get one of these things? I've heard the Tec Toy systems are quite expensive.

My first impression was that ProStreet was a polygonal game (impressive) but I only played for a few minutes. I think it may be pre-rendered sprites that simulates the polygons. The car selection, for instance, is the traditional rotating cars, but the movement is not that smooth, can be a series of sprites. Backgrounds and side road objects are for sure sprites, but cars and track can be polygonal (I will check again tonight)

The game reminds me a lot the PGR mobile I have on my phone. Same UP for gas and DOWN for brakes, buttons are not used (only C button is used to start drifting).

I will come with more impressions later.

Regarding the price, as I mentioned earlier the official price is R$ 299 (around US$ 120-125). I got it for R$ 199 in a special price (around US$ 80). Expensive? Quite so for such an old hardware, but keep in mind that videogames here are expensive (official price for the Xbox 360 is more than US$ 1000).

Gagaman

Chiaroscuro said:
My first impression was that ProStreet was a polygonal game (impressive) but I only played for a few minutes. I think it may be pre-rendered sprites that simulates the polygons. The car selection, for instance, is the traditional rotating cars, but the movement is not that smooth, can be a series of sprites. Backgrounds and side road objects are for sure sprites, but cars and track can be polygonal (I will check again tonight)

The game reminds me a lot the PGR mobile I have on my phone. Same UP for gas and DOWN for brakes, buttons are not used (only C button is used to start drifting).

I will come with more impressions later.

Regarding the price, as I mentioned earlier the official price is R$ 299 (around US$ 120-125). I got it for R$ 199 in a special price (around US$ 80). Expensive? Quite so for such an old hardware, but keep in mind that videogames here are expensive (official price for the Xbox 360 is more than US$ 1000).
Thanks for the info! :)

Ah, another thing: while the power source of the console is universal (110-240V 50/60Hz) the video output (composite) is limited to PAL-M (Brazilian Standard). Previous MegaDrive versions had NTSC output as an option (since almost all tv sets here are PAL-M/NTSC).

I tested it on an European tv set that supported only NTSC or PAL-G but it did not work well (the tv selected PAL-G but then the colors were wrong and a little distorced, I could not force NTSC mode but my guess it would be black and white). Shame... I had an PAL-M to NTSC converter around and then it worked fine on that tv, but such converters are more expensive than the console itself.

PAL-M is a weird standard used only in Brazil. Although it is PAL it has the same resolution/frequency of NTSC, only the color coding is different.

Yes Boss!

Great week for DS (like every week!). Still expecting Hatsworth on Friday. Skipped out on Valkyria Profile for the time being, hoping for a price bomba at Amazon.

P1000200.jpg

Xamdou

milkham said:
3364839932_413c5e432e.jpg

Hope it does well

OMFG I totally forgot about the release date of her debut U.S album, Thanks for reminding me! :lol

Going to hit up Best Buy and FYE tomorrow and hopefully they got BoA's Cd in stock! :D Although I could have gotten her cd today if I knew it was out today ><

Xamdou

milkham said:
:lol

Remember when she was 13? God i feel so old.

Yup, her No.1 and My Sweetie hit's are two of my favorite songs! Now she's 22 and finally released her U.S debut album! To think I almost missed it ><

I couldn't wait and dled her album off Itunes, but I'll still buy her cd in stores to help support her U.S album! :D

milkham

Xamdou said:
Yup, her No.1 and My Sweetie hit's are two of my favorite songs! Now she's 22 and finally released her U.S debut album! To think I almost missed it ><

I couldn't wait and dled her album off Itunes, but I'll still buy her cd in stores to help support her U.S album! :D

i feel the same about No.1 and My Sweetie, its too bad she doesn't do songs like My Sweetie anymore.

Gagaman

It's not like me to pay as much for a retro game as I would for a new release, but for this I was willing to make an exception..

2ef0z9f.jpg

..and some other much cheaper games.

357nifl.jpg

Got some more Saturn and Dreamcast stuff in the post.

ravien56

First time doing this, gonna just post stuff from this month and last.

vx2btf.jpg

and

iqfqzo.jpg

I played around with the settings to make it perform better, then it started making weird boot up messages,
then when i was watching videos yesterday, the screen just stopped working, kinda got chopped into 4 strips,
all squiggly, just reformatted, nothing so far, overall i love it.

23k5d3a.jpg

got this at pacific mall in Markham Ontario, got a cloud one and a sora

adoop3.jpg

picked this up off a gaf member for $35, really good deal

2hi2m3a.jpg

got most of these this month, except for dead space, picked up in January, notice the shrink wrap?>_<

1zoc6tv.jpg

got blue earth for $40 and just finished season 3 of wire, so good, best season yet^^

Scipius

PAL street date for GTA:CW has been broken, in the Netherlands at least!

March09.jpg

I didn't even pre-order, but they had received so many of them they gave me one :D Also: proof that the PAL edition of Pikmin has the reversable cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom