• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

[HP]

dyonPT said:
SLB_abola.JPG

afc0w1.jpg

Square Triangle said:
Pick up of the month. Gawd I want this car.

Yea it's an amazing car, love that there's no turbo lag, love the gearbox (super easy to shift) compared to my brother's G35 which is like shifting concrete, there hasn't been one fault to the car for me yet. I guess that's because I'm coming from a Honda Civic, but I drive my brother G35 sometimes so I'm still feeling this way and that's a superb car.

plasmasd said:
Congrats! I posted my CSG MKVI GTI in last months thread

Spookie

modsplit.jpg

Already completed RDR and the multiplayer is wank. I bought Skate 3 last week so only Blur left! Which is out next week on payday, huzzar! Tempted to grab Alpha Protocol as well...

brentech

rdredemp.jpg

She finally arrived. Going out to enjoy some ribs and whiskey at my local saloon, then coming home and spending some quality time with my 6.

rvy

Banned
dyonPT said:
:D

For 5 euros it's very very good :) You have to buy one, it is in the shelfs again ;)

Too bad our forum is down, I would love to see the comments there !
If I find it, I'll get it. :D

LiK

STUFF!

Wake-RDR-CD.jpg

New Monitor/TV for my video project

monitor-tv.jpg

monitor-tv-on.jpg

Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard. Pretty nice packaging.

apple-stuff.jpg

1TB External HDD

WD-HDD.jpg

Hot Toys Chris (RE1) and Medicom Akira

hottoys-medicom-fig.jpg

hottoys-Chris.jpg

medicom-Kaneda.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
A whole lot was bought recently, so here it goes!
Black Wii, Classic Controller Pro, Super Mario Galaxy, Wind Waker, and Viewtiful Joe 1+2.
CIMG1081.jpg

Bluray + 360 haul.
Bayonetta, Agarest Senki Super Naughty Edition, and Resonance of Fate for the 360 side.
Chocolate, Wings of Honneamise, Dragonball Z Kai, and Evangelion 1.11 on the Blu-Ray side.
CIMG1083.jpg

Agarest Box contents:
CIMG1073.jpg

Good times to be had for quite a while~!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Games
DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

New camera, nothing fancy
DSC00001.jpg

Camelbak and new helmet for my new bike that should hopefully be ready for pickup tomorrow
DSC00009.jpg

Gyrian said:
I concur, this interior is just sweet.
Also, a tip of the hat to you, sir, for choosing a manual transmission. :]

You can't buy a GTI and not get manual :p, I learned stick on my brother's G35 and when I fired up my GTI, I drove it like i've been driving stick my entire life, it's so smooth and precise.

Amory

Just bought Red Dead Redemption, which I'm starting now

IMG_0323.jpg

And a few tickets to game 3 of the eastern conference finals :) LETS GO CELTICS!

IMG_0324.jpg

InfiniteNine said:
Bluray + 360 haul.
Bayonetta, Agarest Senki Super Naughty Edition, and Resonance of Fate for the 360 side.
Chocolate, Wings of Honneamise, Dragonball Z Kai, and Evangelion 1.11 on the Blu-Ray side.
CIMG1083.jpg
Have you watched DBZ Kai yet? I have it on my Netflix Queue and was wondering if it is a huge improvement over the Season Set DVDs that were released a while ago.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Big Papa Husker said:
Have you watched DBZ Kai yet? I have it on my Netflix Queue and was wondering if it is a huge improvement over the Season Set DVDs that were released a while ago.
It isn't a HUGE improvement visually just some pretty good clean up, but things flow a lot smoother episode/story wise. The English VA's seem to be pretty much the same from DBZ just in case you want to watch it with English dubs.Definitely enjoyable, since my roommates jumped in and watched the whole thing with me. Also keep in mind the Japanese broadcast was cropped from the top and bottom so it's 4:3 aspect ratio, and the DVD's are cropped while the Blu-Ray is displayed with it's full picture.

Sprinkled throughout the week - Excellent games. excellent prices.
4r8i9w.jpg

Split Second - $40 / Red Dead Redemption - $45 w/$10 gift card / Alan Wake $45

r7r8kk.jpg

Picross 3D - $15 / Glory of Heracles $12.99 w/ $10 gift card

Some Stuff Bought Because it was Cheap
3476u7l.jpg

Oblivion $9 / Viva Pinata $10 / Tekken 6 $10

And the only full price purchase, back at release
148kppi.jpg

Chun is so good now! But Makoto is so hard to use now... :(

51uamb.jpg

- Two pairs of cargo shorts from Aeropostale. All the other pairs of shorts I own are too small for me. I've put on a bit too much weight. D=
- Kingdom Hearts shirt. The only one I've really liked so far.

sadromeo

A few more May pick-ups for me:

GTA IV: Liberty Stories - PS3

IMG_9313.jpg

Red Dead Redemption - PS3

IMG_9314.jpg

BTW, how is the multiplayer in RDR? Is the whole "posse" thing really cool or just so-so?

Has anyone been able to take down an Rockstar employee for that trophy / achievement yet?

Alan Wake LE - Xbox 360

IMG_9322.jpg

AW still scheduled for a PC release, right?

And so I discover the woes of buying used blind off Gamestop...
IMG_1665.jpg

Given that it was the only affordable way to get the games in my region* (and even at that I had to wait for them all to be at stock, at the same time**) beggars can't really be choosers I guess (the £1=$1.43 exchange rate was less than stellar but the 20% off used games code goes some way to fixing that). Onto the games (as 2 of them might not be clear):
WordJong Party, Octomana and Ultimate Shooting Collection. I only just realised this is a Compile themed pick-up (Octomania is developed by Compile Heart an offshoot of Compile and Ultimate Shooting Collection is developed by Milestone who again are an offshoot of Compile).

*-Well, Octomania was supposed to come out last April but it keeps being pushed back and I got fed up waiting (plus the previous times this has happened it ends with the European release being quietly canceled). Shame as the European box art is...different
**-When shipping is $15 and an order can hold between $25 to $30 (shipping isn't part of the package value) without incurring customs (VAT+whatever UPS charge for paying VAT) its best to make orders that fit that as tightly as possible.

Bii

FuttBuck said:

*is jealous*
I'm feeling the itch to get a new car and this looks fun to drive. At the very least, I'll have a few months to think about it. Thanks for reigniting my interest in the GTI. :p

4629718388_ab26b40306_o.jpg

Classic Controller Pro. Wii. $20.
To play Monster Hunter Tri with. The handles seem like a huge upgrade from the original Classic Controller.

4629717882_e7d645086b_o.jpg

Nintendo Magic: Winning the Videogame Wars. Osamu Inoue. $13.
Became interested in this book after this thread. I'm about a third into the book and it's a fun read. At this point, I'd definitely recommend a read-through for those interested in the side of Nintendo you don't see often.

4629718546_39d9da057c_o.jpg

Luigi's Mansion. GameCube. $11.
Raiden III. Playstation 2. $12.
I've been trying to catch up with games that I've always wanted to play but never got around to. I bought a GameCube a week after its release along with Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (instead of Luigi's Mansion). By the time Super Smash Bros. Melee came out, I was deeply involved with that game and never looked back. As for Raiden III, it was cheap and have been on my to-get list for a long time. I can now cross both games off my list.

4629718308_7249ca6332_o.jpg

The Marvel Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded Edition. $26.
The DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded Edition. $26.
Despite getting the updated and expanded editions, there are still some grammar/spelling/factual mistakes. :| Other than that minor setback, both books are great. I'm a bigger Marvel fan than DC, so it was nice to catch up on some DC characters/events.

4629221783_9d070766b5_o.jpg

Tridacna Derasa Clam. 2.5". $65.
My first clam for my aquarium if you don't count the hitchhiking turkey wing clam that came along with my purple ricordeas. I've been meaning to add a clam to my tank for a long time but didn't feel too confident in keeping one until now. I'm looking to add at least two more clams in the next few months. :]

4629717818_12b6228da3_o.jpg

Ben & Jerry's Half Baked. $2.50.
Ben & Jerry's Mud Pie. $2.50.
OH MAN ALL OVER MAH FACE!

Also bought but not pictured is the new issue of EGM (Ken cover). I wanted to check the magazine out before I commit to a subscription. Needless to say, I subscribed. :D

MiniBossman said:
I really want this, but can't justify the MSRP. Gotta wait for the inevitable price drop.

Originally it was going to be $49.99, but Atlus dropped it to $39.99. I ordered it on Amazon with Free Shipping, and got a $10 Amazon credit with it. Huzzah!

MiniBossman said:
I really want this, but can't justify the MSRP. Gotta wait for the inevitable price drop.
Paid less than $30 for my copy. $5 for my deposit and then another $5 off at Gamestop.

...Though I also had my discount. But the fact that it was only $39.99, price was perfect.

DeVeAn

Big Papa Husker said:
Kai has redone voices, its still fake widescreen, but all filler has been removed to follow the manga. I think a few characters have new voice actors too.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
May seems to be GTI month ;)
Pickups in random order:

Genuine Volkswagen Curry spiced Ketchup and a bottle of Motor oil:
IMG_0309_DxO1024x768.jpg

iPod nano:
IMG_0366_DxO1024x768.jpg

couple of junk in the trunk:
IMG_0362_DxO1024x768.jpg

IMG_0392_DxO1024x768.jpg

picture of a picture of a car:
IMG_0361_DxO1024x768.jpg

said car:
IMG_0370_DxO1024x768.jpg

IMG_0381_DxO1024x768.jpg

IMG_0383_DxO1024x768.jpg

IMG_0384_DxO1024x768.jpg

IMG_0391_DxO1024x768.jpg

IMG_0385_DxO1024x768.jpg

Nitemare1

OnkelC said:
Pickups in random order:

Genuine Volkswagen Curry spiced Ketchup and a bottle of Motor oil:

i

Try not to get those two mixed up there bud! :D

My best pickup in a while. 2010 Norco Wolverine. Spent the morning getting it good and dirty!
Wolverine.jpg

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
OnkelC said:
Niceeee, I had the Golf 5 GTI for a few months some time ago. Beast of a car until I traded up for the R32, now that one was just WOW. Couldn't afford it though so had to sell it :p Now I drive a silly fiat 500

What else does Volkswagen make? That Ketchup is awesome, is it all common in Germany? Alos, which city do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Nitemare1 said:
Try not to get those two mixed up there bud! :D

My best pickup in a while. 2010 Norco Wolverine. Spent the morning getting it good and dirty!
Wolverine.jpg

nice, I'm heading out to my local bike shop to pick up my new ride. should have pics later, sucks it's been raining for most of the day, but it should at least make for some fun trail riding :lol

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Teetris said:
Niceeee, I had the Golf 5 GTI for a few months some time ago. Beast of a car until I traded up for the R32, now that one was just WOW. Couldn't afford it though so had to sell it :p Now I drive a silly fiat 500

What else does Volkswagen make? That Ketchup is awesome, is it all common in Germany? Alos, which city do you live, if you don't mind me asking?
AFAIK, the ketchup can only be bought on site at the Wolfsburg factory (where we got it) and at the annual GTI Fest at the Wörthersee. Volkswagen sells a lot of swag:
http://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/shop/

City is Cologne, car is registered at the company in Düsseldorf. Anybody familiar with the rivalry between those two cities can imagine how fun it is parking the ride in front of ze flat:lol

Top Bottom