• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
ff2ski.jpg

RDR and my second pair of PS3 trigger bumpers.

vmuo1w.jpg

And my brother gave me his out-of-warranty RROD 360, which I fixed up after a run to Lowe's and with some spare computer parts lying around. Yes, I pulled the Ring of Light off the face plate... ^^;

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Super Street Fighter IV, Hori Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo, New EGM :D and Battle Fantasia
m741zk.jpg

An Extra copy (This is my 3rd) Janelle Monae's first EP and her new album "The Archandroid" AMAZINGLY GOOD!!!!!!!!
1yaa2r.jpg

AkIRA_22

BOOM!

baf885dd.jpg

Went nuts today. I bought the first two issues of Walking Dead a few days ago in Melbourne, then had to get the next four when I got back home to Sydney.

And I found an EB that was selling Red Dead Redemption a day early so I went for it.

GeekyDad

0520101345-00.jpg

My first fight stick. I know it's no Cadillac, but it should suit my needs. TvC was a rental, but my whole family ended up loving it. So, we had Gamefly ship us the box and whatnot.

Forty for the SE stick. I'm pretty dang satisfied.

dyonPT

ngower said:
BOOOOO!!!!:D Benfica slaughtered my club last night, albeit an injured, unfit, reserves team, but my club nonetheless.

benfica was also played with many reserves ;)

Glad to see some americans liking soccer :)

LiK

ExMachina said:
vmuo1w.jpg

And my brother gave me his out-of-warranty RROD 360, which I fixed up after a run to Lowe's and with some spare computer parts lying around. Yes, I pulled the Ring of Light off the face plate... ^^;

you fixed a 360 on your own?

1228738307553.gif

ChryZ

Star Trek 2009, 10 bucks, courtesy of Amazon's pricing mistake
p1010379.jpg

3D Dot Game Heroes, can't believe Zavvi delivered somewhat timely
p1010382.jpg

Sick Music 2, fucking Play.com ... had to wait almost 4 weeks, next time I'll order directly from Hospital Records again
p1010399.jpg

Bringing Up Baby DVD/RC1, It Happened One Night DVD/RC1, extending my B&W retro flick collection
p1010409.jpg

May was awesome so far :D

ngower

dyonPT said:
benfica was also played with many reserves ;)

Glad to see some americans liking soccer :)

Your reserves would all be key players on many MLS sides haha, and many Americans like soccer, they just don't like MLS. :(

Nakazato

ChryZ said:
Bringing Up Baby DVD/RC1, It Happened One Night DVD/RC1, extending my B&W retro flick collection
p1010409.jpg

May was awesome so far :D
Great Pick up. it happened on night is one of my favorite movies :D

Grabbed Red Dead Redemption photo'd in my new car, I really hated RDR at first but once you get immersed into the world, it's incredible how amazing this game is. Excuse the bad pic, only thing capable of taking pics was my crappy blackberry.

rdru.jpg

The car in question: 2010 GTI MKVI :D :D

gti3.jpg

mjc

I love the interior of that GTI!

59409fc8.jpg

Got sealed copies of both the Dragon Quest games, but the spine on DQIV is all cut up from a razor. :mad:

xero273

LiK said:
you fixed a 360 on your own?

1228738307553.gif
It's possible. My sister did the same to my 360. Forgot what she bought though. She did something to the heatsink and 360 came back to life. Too bad that only lasted two days and it red ringed again.

mjc said:
I love the interior of that GTI!

Thanks :D, it's absolutely fantastic inside. Having things like lumbar support, heated seats, and the overall comfort of the seats make my daily driving so relaxing.

Not to mention very roomy, I'm 6'5 and I have so much room it's unreal.

xero273 said:
It's possible. My sister did the same to my 360. Forgot what she bought though. She did something to the heatsink and 360 came back to life. Too bad that only lasted two days and it red ringed again.

Basically people do the penny trick or X clamps and over heat the 360 into thinking its a different problem. Then it will reset off the RROD, but it isn't a permanent fix, the system will eventually RROD again -- or so I have read.

GeekyDad

mjc said:
Got sealed copies of both the Dragon Quest games, but the spine on DQIV is all cut up from a razor. :mad:

Doh! Happened to me too when I got my very first DS game (Metroid Prime Hunters). Was a sour note to start the system off on, but I of course, things never stopped getting better after that game-wise.

vejas

Banned
96886017.png

Sorry for crappy cellphone pic! Espgaluda II was the first print edition so I got the soundtrack which was unexpected!
The 24" CRT TV was given to me by a friend a couple of weeks ago, and I have had my EX-SE since its release in the US, so playing Futari on this setup is a dream come true.
Also pre-ordered Deathsmiles LE and Sin & Punishment 2.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Whats the name of this model and where can I get it? Is it a Sharp?

it's just a bog standard casing - screwless - with a built in fan.

Will check the model tonight.

Goidil

photo002bn.jpg

Red Dead Redemption (in a western setting :lol )

photo001hn.jpg

And a ticket for the 9/11/2010 Ennio Morricone Concert. In Verona!
Plus Dead or Alive Paradise, promo version...

filipe

MiniBossman said:
Basically people do the penny trick or X clamps and over heat the 360 into thinking its a different problem. Then it will reset off the RROD, but it isn't a permanent fix, the system will eventually RROD again -- or so I have read.

That's.... that's not even remotely the problem. You can't "trick" the product into thinking the problem is something else.

The RROD is almost always caused by overheating, which causes the solder on the GPU and/or CPU (which I believe are both under heat sinks) to soften (but not completely melt (the Xbox gets hot, but not that hot)), and the motherboard (on any product really) flexes and bends with heat.

Using the GPU as the primary example, the more times this happened, the further away up the GPU moves. So instead of being directly on the motherboard, after 10 or so uses, it's now maybe an inch off the motherboard.

The X-Clamp fix is primary uses to clamp the heat sink and GPU together, thus not allowing that area of the motherboard to flex or bend too, too much.

An old elite my friend gave me had was failing with the RROD primarily due to the GPU. A friend of mine did this X-Clamp fix (as I'm not too handy with tools (butter fingers)) and it worked for about a year later. When it did stop working, it was due to the power supply failing. By this point, I just went back to using my launch console, which is still working to this day.

drkOne

Got this delivered today. Book seems interesting, but I didn't give it much attention and went right to playing the game.
4626776426_a6a9d66348.jpg

Top Bottom