• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

LiK

All moved into my apartment. All furnished and complete. I couldn't be happier. Drinking rum 'n coke, blastin Bone Thugs and not giving a single fuck. This is awesome.

uTmNGW4.jpg

And my new TV

aV184RL.jpg

Vizio M501D-A2R

I did some quick tweaking and I'm VERY happy with my purchase. I'm waiting for my in depth tweaking guides to pop up. I was gonna get the E500I-A1, but it was sold out, so I went with the M series instead.

one of the nicest apartments i've ever seen. i got the same computer chair, hehe

-PXG-

Very nice! I want to party there ;)

Thanks. I plan on having my friends over soon. My GF might come over tomorrow, which means I have to make sure everything is PERFECT for her. Things are fine now, but I want her to be impressed and proud of what I can do.

Like the place. Very clean - what city are you in? Looks very nice i wish my place wasnt so cluttered but there are too many things in it for it to look that nice.

I live between Princeton and Trenton NJ. My living room is huge. I have so much space. My bedroom isn't so bad either

one of the nicest apartments i've ever seen. i got the same computer chair, hehe

Thank you so much. Still, my place doesn't compare to some I've seen here on GAF. This is nothing. Not bad for my first one though, right.

My table is ever more badass. I got the frosted glass Galant table, with chrome A legs. It's gorgeous.

Chairhome

8898032568_bdd5e27a75_c.jpg

Got a decent deal on ebay for this lens that I've been wanting, and the Hardcore Gaming 101 Sega book was on sale for $13 on Amazon.

dhlt25

8898032568_bdd5e27a75_c.jpg

Got a decent deal on ebay for this lens that I've been wanting, and the Hardcore Gaming 101 Sega book was on sale for $13 on Amazon.

got the nikon chipped version of the same lens. Quite a beast, bokeh is pretty amazing but I'm not sure if it's worth it over the sigma on cropped sensor.

Chairhome

got the nikon chipped version of the same lens. Quite a beast, bokeh is pretty amazing but I'm not sure if it's worth it over the sigma on cropped sensor.

Yeah, I'm interested in trying it out for film, too, though. And I think this lens is sharper than the sigma. Unless you're talking about the new one, which I can't afford. haha.

malfcn

All moved into my apartment. All furnished and complete. I couldn't be happier. Drinking rum 'n coke, blastin Bone Thugs and not giving a single fuck. This is awesome.

uTmNGW4.jpg

And my new TV

aV184RL.jpg

Vizio M501D-A2R

I did some quick tweaking and I'm VERY happy with my purchase. I'm waiting for my in depth tweaking guides to pop up. I was gonna get the E500I-A1, but it was sold out, so I went with the M series instead.

Damn, son.

swagfljuns.gif

Finally received this last Wednesday, it's been a while since I've been so anxious and excited to get something, haha

It will probably be one of my best pick-ups this year

Cool thing is that also got the Tsutaya DLC, the site I got it from probably got their stock there, so yay for free stuff despite being just a lame costume :p

Finally received this last Wednesday, it's been a while since I've been so anxious and excited to get something, haha

Cool thing is that also got the Tsutaya DLC, the site I got it from probably got their stock there, so yay for free stuff despite being just a lame costume :p

Man, I am so jealous....

Where did you get those awesome buttons and prints? Also that Hawkeye pouch is amazing.

Thanks and I picked up both from Fanime. Not seen is the target on the back of the Hawkeye pouch, which I'm currently using as a case for my 3DS XL.

The buttons/pouches are from this artist: hoursago.tumblr.com though the artist only sells the buttons on occasion while the pouches for now are only available at conventions. You can see Blue's convention schedule on tumblr.

The prints are from another tumblr artist that I can't remember the name of just yet, but I do have her card at home.

Not pictured was a Sherlock pouch for my friend based off this pic, also by Blue:

4229979_16256299_b.jpg

XNarte

So my wife and I had a pretty busy May for pick-ups:

We had a little extra cash this month so she and I and 2 friends made a fun day trip to Albany and checked out a small chain of local mom and pop game stores called Pastime Legends and scored a bunch of games: (Forgive the crappy picture)

d894dac8c10311e2affb22000aa8059e_7.jpg

-2 okay Xbox one..er I mean Original Xbox games that were just the right price to make them worth getting, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb.
-I recently got a complete 32X in box and looked on Youtube on what 32x games I would be interested in trying and found 2 of them complete in box for really cheap! Metal Head and Tempo.
-Age of Empires and Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword for DS in box, and loose Exit DS, Cooking Mama 2, and FF Fables Chocobo Tales.
-For PSone I got Mega Man X5 and Vanark (a very cool Starfox-esque game I've been searching for forever)
-I got a boxed copy of Solstice for NES and a boxed Kirby minus the game which I already had and is now complete in my collection!- Loose NES cart is good old Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.
-Lastly, my wife got Bonks Revenge and 2 Kirby games for Game Boy and a pristine copy of Mario's Picross, and for GBA we got Yoshi Topsy Turvy.

A good haul and very fun trip was had by all that day.

Then, as if we didn't treat ourselves enough this month, we had to feed our 3DS addiction a bit more as well. :)

380b94b8c74111e283e322000aa8200d_7.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm a traitorous piece of shit who buys iOS games on occasion, so I bought this because it's on sale. Haven't tried it yet cuz I wanna get an iCade first, but the Classic Game Room review sold me on it. *pours one out for CAVE*

mStzla7.jpg

GOG added GRID yesterday, so I bought that, cuz DRM-free PC games are sweeeeeeeeet. And Codemasters is the best racing game developer today, without a doubt.

AabnALP.jpg

And I got this piece of shit:

y3Axm5N.jpg

Yes Boss!

Finally got a new shooter PCB. Got rid of one of my Ibaras for a Raizing title, Battle Bakraid. Feels like a true sequel to Garegga but even better with bright big colorful bullets. I'm in love.

And a four-pack of 21st Amendment's hoppy Barleywine. Such cute little cans:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finally got a new shooter PCB. Got rid of one of my Ibaras for a Raizing title, Battle Bakraid. Feels like a true sequel to Garegga but even better with bright big colorful bullets. I'm in love.

Fuck, dude. I've always wanted to play Battle Bakraid. Someday. But that's a rad pick-up.

I've only been talking about building a Supergun for 5 years now.

Yes Boss!

Fuck, dude. I've always wanted to play Battle Bakraid. Someday. But that's a rad pick-up.

I've only been talking about building a Supergun for 5 years now.

I dunno man. This game. THIS GAME! I'm relatively new to modern shooters (post 16-bit) but man does this one hit all my buttons. With Garegga being my favorite Saturn shmup, Raiden Fighters Aces being my favorite 360 disc, and my love for Ibara/Yagawa, this one is magic. Was going for Batrider but I think I just might have done better with Bakraid. Should be playing it for the next year. So many modes since this is the Japan Unlimited...boss rush, hidden ships, simple 3-button with a Sweets-style no-shoot power-up. Seems pretty special. And a good candidate for Candy Play as it looks and feels like a pure arcade experience. Quite, quite happy.

Get a Supergun. I'll loan this one to you for a few months if you want.

Cypher

End of April acquisitions!

Star Trek (360)
Kreo-O Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise

Dead Island: Riptide - Rigor Mortis Edition w/Steelbook (360)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (360)

LadyRiven

My first Mondo, Metropolis (regular) by Ken Taylor. Such incredible detail, it deserved professional framing. When I went for the inspection/collection the master framer said he thought it was a beautiful piece - I'm inclined to agree :)

Man, that poster is really gorgeous. Great framing, too.

Yes Boss!

Man, that poster is really gorgeous. Great framing, too.

I agree. Just stellar. Framing and length make it. I'm usually a purist and find most of these re-imagining of classic movies in poster form a bit obnoxious but that one is certainly stately. Brigitte's face does seem a bit off though.

LiK

oh man, that looks nice.

Top Bottom