• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I see, they're probably a Lego Store exclusive until the end of summer. Sigh, no Lego Stores here in Italy, bummer :(

Hmmm... btw, did you use to post on a newsgroup called ICC and are a fan (maybe) of The Cure? That PSN profile of yours is kinda familiar

Jayx77

Twin Pines Mall, is that you?

Twin_Pines_Mall.png

Twin Pines Mall was actually the Puente Hills Mall in City of Industry, CA (~30 miles east of LA)

Tomodachi

Hmmm... btw, did you use to post on a newsgroup called ICC and are a fan (maybe) of The Cure? That PSN profile of yours is kinda familiar
Ciao Dash! Yup, sono io :)
Well, except for the The Cure part, I mean I like them but I don't think anyone would remember me by that feature.

pahamrick

Wow, some serious blast from the past shit, there. The original Berserk DVDs (the one in the set you have there) are better than the remastered version, real deal.

I need to watch the series again, myself.

Wait, the original release is better than the remastered? Huh. Yeah, I had a hard nostalgia kick when going through everything, even better was I had some of this stuff years ago but had to sell it when money got tight so it was nice to get it back again.

May pickups:

mostly retro stuff for the MSX
- Nemesis/Gradius
- Akumajou Dracula/Vampire Killer (the first ever Metroidvania-style Castlevania)
- Salamander
- Usas
- Antarctic Adventure
- Road Fighter

and Metal Gear

New stuff:
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (NDS), Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (NDS), Gravity Rush (Vita), Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer expansion (PC) and the LE of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)

New (old) car - 2004 Mini 'Cooper S' model. It's fully kitted out with nearly every one of the optional extras when it was new, bought from a friend in the trade who bought it on a whim but decided it wasn't for them. Driving around with a big grin as it's a hell of a fun car to drive, and goes like a rocket. As much as I want it, I think I'll pass on the John Cooper Works tuning pack, as it would cost more than I paid for the car itself!

This month's Criterion BD pickups to add to the growing collection. Some new, some secondhand.

My first Mondo, Metropolis (regular) by Ken Taylor. Such incredible detail, it deserved professional framing. When I went for the inspection/collection the master framer said he thought it was a beautiful piece - I'm inclined to agree :)

Boards of Canada blockmount print. Stumbled across a hi-res press image of the new album artwork, so put it to some good use! Can't wait to get my hands/ears on the album, my hype levels are through the roof.

ys45

oOBQdlL.jpg

I thought PSone emulation on a Ps3 were region free so i decided to get Detana Twin Bee -_-

Oh well, good things there is emulation for PSone

persongr

My first Mondo, Metropolis (regular) by Ken Taylor. Such incredible detail, it deserved professional framing. When I went for the inspection/collection the master framer said he thought it was a beautiful piece - I'm inclined to agree :)

That's so great, and I'm so jealous! Nice framing too.

Anemone

Neo Member
Picked up my last two Weathered Wayfarers. I'm thinking of taking a break from Shardless BUG to play this list on Saturday.

Like always, I post a video instead of pictures of the last month of pickups. Already done buying stuff this month so this video has come early: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK8siOLAtbw

Unlike most months, I mostly got books instead of video games. Here is the list:

Little Star
Harbor
Kitty Norville #1: Kitty and the Midnight Hour
Divergent #2: Insurgent
Deadly Cool #2: Social Suicide
Tyrelle Trilogy
Akasha Chronicles #2: Emily's Trials
Morganville Vampires #6: Carpe Corpus
Vampire Kisses #8-9
Into the Shadows #2-3
An Unfortunate Fairytale #2

And Virtual Console WiiU games:
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby: Super Star

So overall, a fantastic month!

LEGO pickup for Memorial Day:
029B0E42-C50A-43DC-9A0A-5DA2C05EB99C-1165-0000005D006E7759_zps97bf87f5.jpg

Fanime pickups:

(I use this as my 3DSXL case)
FE33EA3C-E5CA-46EB-8D3C-F25CDF4E7BE6-1165-0000005D15012B1F_zps03f7aa23.jpg

(Buttons!)
FB2E8767-DF1D-416B-9359-5DD6B30937A1-1165-0000005D0E0D7D04_zps28e8bb89.jpg

(Prints for my workspace)
02FDABFF-C2CA-4E10-AD4D-E15E1A0466F7-1165-0000005D0710A09C_zpscfb44ac7.jpg

Not pictured, a pouch for my friend.

mandiller

My two most recent pick ups.

utd7ZOD.jpg

And my gorgeous 27" 2560x1440 IPS monitor. Such a worthwhile upgrade from my old 1050 22" Samsung.

nWzPQzB.jpg

BriBri

May pickups:

mostly retro stuff for the MSX
- Nemesis/Gradius
- Akumajou Dracula/Vampire Killer (the first ever Metroidvania-style Castlevania)
- Salamander
- Usas
- Antarctic Adventure
- Road Fighter

and Metal Gear

New stuff:
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (NDS), Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (NDS), Gravity Rush (Vita), Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer expansion (PC) and the LE of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
Awesome MSX pick-up!

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Finally after a year when I back this on kickstarter my Pebble arrived today

I have to say it was worth it is brilliant

Persona 4 Arena Vinyl to go with all the Sega vinyl's I have

BriBri

Thanks! Trying to build me a nice collection here. So far I have 18 carts, all of which are Konamis.

So much nostalgia in it for me. :)
18? Wow! I always wanted to pick up an MSX but space and money are an issue at the moment hence why I'm *just* Famicom collecting!

Buttons

New (old) car - 2004 Mini 'Cooper S' model. It's fully kitted out with nearly every one of the optional extras when it was new, bought from a friend in the trade who bought it on a whim but decided it wasn't for them. Driving around with a big grin as it's a hell of a fun car to drive, and goes like a rocket. As much as I want it, I think I'll pass on the John Cooper Works tuning pack, as it would cost more than I paid for the car itself!
BoeKkux.jpg

Congratulations on the Mini and welcome to the world of driving a Mini. :D That's a beautiful R53. *__*

Have tons of fun with it. ^^

18? Wow! I always wanted to pick up an MSX but space and money are an issue at the moment hence why I'm *just* Famicom collecting!

Here's a pic of my previous pick-ups for the system:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53674002&postcount=388

If space is an issue then yeah... the MSX is quite bulky, especially mine (Philips NMS 8280). Also the games aren't exactly cheap. :-(

But Famicom collecting sounds like a lot of fun too. :) And probably healthier for your wallet.

Congratulations on the Mini and welcome to the world of driving a Mini. :D That's a beautiful R53. *__*

Have tons of fun with it. ^^

Thanks! I did a lot of driving over the weekend, the weather was great and I was having a blast driving all over the place. What surprised me most is how confident it is on the highway, it doesn't feel like I'm in a small vulnerable car, and the six-speed gearbox just keeps giving and giving. Calling it now: best car I've ever owned ^_____^

Thanks! I did a lot of driving over the weekend, the weather was great and I was having a blast driving all over the place. What surprised me most is how confident it is on the highway, it doesn't feel like I'm in a small vulnerable car, and the six-speed gearbox just keeps giving and giving. Calling it now: best car I've ever owned ^_____^

fucking brilliant avatar.

nice pick ups too :)

BriBri

Here's a pic of my previous pick-ups for the system:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53674002&postcount=388

If space is an issue then yeah... the MSX is quite bulky, especially mine (Philips NMS 8280). Also the games aren't exactly cheap. :-(

But Famicom collecting sounds like a lot of fun too. :) And probably healthier for your wallet.
Awesome pic! My Konami Famicom collection is actually subpar but I am in love with Gradius, Salamander, Metal Gear and Antarctic Adventure (that's all that I have that spring to mind although I guess there must be more). I'll google that model (of MSX) now. I always had a soft spot for the red Sony one!

Top Bottom