• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

M.Steiner

i4hDjfDctKHFO.jpg
iNlG9pmvtelYe.jpg

i57aUfF5Gerqj.jpg
ibiCVtmGEwNFoV.jpg
Got myself a new keyboard (Das Keyboard 4 Professional) and a copy of the new Wolfenstein.
My fingers are still used to my old keyboard so it'll probably take me a few days to properly adjust to this, it's a real pleasure to type on though. (I went with the browns).
[Edit: Holy crap. Watch Dogs just arrived too]

MilkLizard

Wut?! I had no idea there's a version, which comes with the soundtrack. Hopefully it can be bought separately.

Me neither. It's the standart edition I ordered from Amazon UK, so I was a little surprised.

Maybe you can find it on iTunes or something.

LegendX48

14252784862_3357bbe9da_z.jpg

They were $149.99 at Best Buy so I thought, "Why not?"

I love Sennheiser but so far I'm underwhelmed.I know they require burn in, just as my past Senn's have needed, so here's hoping they improve.

edit: meh, returned them. They were terrible, sound quality only slightly beater than beats.

My recent pickups.

The Shadowgate and DC pad both look rarely if ever used.

IMG_20140522_192436.jpg

IMG_20140522_192422.jpg

IMG_20140522_192338.jpg

IMG_20140522_192350.jpg

*as a side note anybody know what the numbers on the back of the NES games denote? The 28 in this case.

More May pickups.

I normally don't buy back-up systems, but just couldn't pass up on a brand new PSP E1004 for €50.

Also, never played a Shining series game, so I'll finally get to see what it is all about.

Melchiah

Me neither. It's the standart edition I ordered from Amazon UK, so I was a little surprised.

Maybe you can find it on iTunes or something.

I'll have to look into it. Tried to buy TLOU: Last Behind soundtrack from Amazon a while ago, and it wasn't available for those living outside of NA. =/ And Amazon UK doesn't seem to have the Wolfenstein OST available separately.

Starbucks here are not like Starbucks in the States or the Netherlands for that matter. :p

Gaming is the least of the activities considered weird or taboo in the States, but perfectly fine here. Here you'd see folks holding 3DS tournaments at Starbucks, audiophiles holding gathering with their portable amplifiers, DACs (and some not so portable ones like huge tube amps), among the few examples I can think of. I know, coz I've been to these gatherings, and the Starbucks here are more than accommodating to these types of activities. So you can see, gaming on a laptop at Starbucks here is hardly considered weird. In fact, you'd see tons of laptop-wielding coffee drinkers here because we have free WiFi connectivity and tons of power outlets in all our Starbucks.

That being said, I'm here coz it's jam-packed on the road, so rather than joining in the torture of driving back home now, might as well hang back and have a cuppa.

And no, I'm not gaming. I'm testing them out. Although I'm inclined to game on them seeing how much more time I have to burn while waiting for road traffic to clear. ;)

dab0ne

So bought these from Amazon.com on Wednesday, arrived today in Scotland just a few minutes ago:

I started watching these with my 5 year old daughter... I forgot how perverted they were XD

Had to stop after trying to explain Roshi's nose bleeds.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Starbucks here are not like Starbucks in the States or the Netherlands for that matter. :p

Gaming is the least of the activities considered weird or taboo in the States, but perfectly fine here. Here you'd see folks holding 3DS tournaments at Starbucks, audiophiles holding gathering with their portable amplifiers, DACs (and some not so portable ones like huge tube amps), among the few examples I can think of. I know, coz I've been to these gatherings, and the Starbucks here are more than accommodating to these types of activities. So you can see, gaming on a laptop at Starbucks here is hardly considered weird. In fact, you'd see tons of laptop-wielding coffee drinkers here because we have free WiFi connectivity and tons of power outlets in all our Starbucks.

That being said, I'm here coz it's jam-packed on the road, so rather than joining in the torture of driving back home now, might as well hang back and have a cuppa.

And no, I'm not gaming. I'm testing them out. Although I'm inclined to game on them seeing how much more time I have to burn while waiting for road traffic to clear. ;)

I'm not sure this mythical place actually exists. Sounds too good to be true...

taco543

This is my first post in one of these threads (I usually just lurk) lol but I got Transistor and I got into the playstation Now beta.
10271418_785301581482158_9178432129892354146_o.jpg

I also got Stick it to the man (super fun!), Bound by Flame, and Child of light.
10256051_785301721482144_581442753850371092_o.jpg

I also picked up Wolfenstein no actual picture of it, just the card because my brother's borrowing it since I beat it on Uber.
DSC_0082.jpg

Got a new Batman piggy bank for my spare change
DSC_0081.jpg

Got a bonsai skin for my ps4
DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

Also got some new posters; Watch Dogs, Batman, and some Zelda ones (thanks club Nintendo!)
DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Oh also almost forgot got these bad boys too!
DSC_0075.jpg

Thats about it for now, just gotta wait until Watch dogs and Mario Kart 8

Seik

Banned
Got some new games since I posted my new PS4 in the first page. Playing my money's worth out of it so far.

cVPLguw.jpg

Got this yesterday, too.

VrGuV7Z.jpg

The Jordan 1s are so clean! People are sleepin' on em!

Carmines are a must too. I got mine as well :D

About every 3-4 years I go nuts on Jordan releases, get way more pairs than I could ever wear and then purge...

rinse and repeat is in full effect in 2014 thus far

JLynn

The Wrestling Road Diaries Too! DVD

x3z7ceyl.jpg

The two books Dutch Mantell (AKA Zeb Coulter) wrote

Ue6piDSl.jpg

Seido hardcase for my S5

r2jvR2ll.jpg

Space Battleship Yamato live action movie Bluray

gcAOgXLl.jpg

SH Figuarts Son Goku

ZzgQq5al.jpg

Grief.exe

Anodized aluminium top panel

I have a DAS model S and my only complaint is the glossy finish. It gets dirty easily and never looks clean.

I didn't know they had a new model, but damn if that isn't the sexiest keyboard I have ever seen. They advertise a Anodized aluminium top panel on there site and your pictures look amazing. My only complaint is the forced media options as those would be essentially useless for me.

Its also difficult to justify a new keyboard as mechanical keyboards with great build quality essentially last for life.

This is my first post in one of these threads (I usually just lurk) lol but I got Transistor and I got into the playstation Now beta.
10271418_785301581482158_9178432129892354146_o.jpg

I just finished Transistor on Steam and i hope you enjoy it as well.

Taker34

Banned
A great month for me:

Second ME Razer mouse, because it was dirt cheap on eBay.
20140516_200457v0kq8.jpg

my 3rd PS3 - Slim 320GB (for many console exclusives)
20140524_1703170tkl4.jpg

PS2 console for 10&#8364; at the Fleemarket including XIII <3
20140524_1709224qkpl.jpg

20140525_183644c4sa1.jpg

javac

I've picked up a bunch of stuff over the last few months so there's a lot of stuff here that I got a while back.
Okay so first I have Princess Mononoke, The Cat Returns and Pom Poko on Blu-ray
Rio:BONE Canti Figure
Next is my Noriko Kotobukiya Figure
Weiss Schwarz Kill la Kill Deck
Durarara!! Blu-ray collection
Gurren Lagann SRC Figure
Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles Collector's Edition

M.Steiner

I have a DAS model S and my only complaint is the glossy finish. It gets dirty easily and never looks clean.
I hear ya. My brother has the same model and whilst it feels wonderful to type on and is the reason I started looking towards the Das keyboards myself, I wasn't so keen on the glossy finish for the same reason. The top panel on this Das 4 really is fantastic though, the thing is rock solid, not a smudge in sight and definitely made to last. Very happy with it.

One of my all time favourite anime series and directors!. I bought it on blu-ray back in March as well but I haven't gotten around to watching it just yet.
Not sure if you were aware but: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2014-04-07/anime-limited-to-re-author-durarara - May be of interest to you since you appear to have the same set :)

javac

One of my all time favourite anime series and directors!. I bought it on blu-ray back in March as well but I haven't gotten around to watching it just yet.
Not sure if you were aware but: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2014-04-07/anime-limited-to-re-author-durarara - May be of interest to you since you appear to have the same set :)

Ha thanks! I haven't actually seen the show, I picked it up because it sounded pretty cool! That's encouraging to know it's one of your faves! I look forward to watching it. I heard about the issues that the discs had so I still haven't seen it yet. The Bebop set they released also has some minor issues which is a shame.

And some figures
Dat Titanfall figure :0

M.Steiner

Ha thanks! I haven't actually seen the show, I picked it up because it sounded pretty cool! That's encouraging to know it's one of your faves! I look forward to watching it. I heard about the issues that the discs had so I still haven't seen it yet. The Bebop set they released also has some minor issues which is a shame.
No worries. If you like Durarara!! when you come to watching it I'd recommend having a look at Baccano! too if you haven't seen that before. Very similar types of shows and from the same people as well. Hope you enjoy!

Yay, time to find a job.
Congrats! ^^

Chorazin

Received that patch after putting in the 5 hardest hours of my life doing a Goruck Light in Philadelphia yesterday. An absolutely amazing experience that completely kicked my ass. If you need a physical and mental challenge, a Goruck event will satisfy your desire in spades!

Top Bottom