• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Baconbitz

Banned
Ones on left are for work. Ones on right are for casual and, the socks I got talked into. Also, I don't care what anyone says. I still love me some AF1's.
LWjaO2u.jpg

TxdoHawk

Ones on left are for work. Ones on right are for casual and, the socks I got talked into. Also, I don't care what anyone says. I still love me some AF1's.

Ah, must be nice. If executives aren't around, I can get away with all-black sneakers at work, but that's about as far as things go.

RkOwnage

May PickUps thus far:
r97DUk4l.jpg

0HvE88Al.jpg

Friend also unloaded his OG Xbox on me with a bunch of sports games, the GTA collection, and a couple of other random ones, so I have an OG Xbox again, it's all packed up atm so I couldn't snap a photo.

UK Princess Mononoke & The Cat Returns (spot them in my full UK collection).

You can see my UK and JP set here.

ndSjSFe.jpg

Perfect Blue Blu-ray BOX Japan. NSFW gallery here.

Best box ever made with changing covers.

This:

CEQALVB.jpg

Turns into this:

3nTC7ei.jpg

The Wolf of Wall Street Steelbook UK

qlI9sAP.jpg

Wow, your Ghibli Collection is sensational, i'm collecting them as well, but they are fairly expensive in Germany. Sure I could buy them in UK like you, but the Design of the Cases is very different to mine.

The Wolfs on Wallstreet Steel looks awesome, especally the back, love the Dollarsign

Ecto311

Nweeh3Hl.jpg

13AAgGol.jpg

That princess peach controller was hard to track down. Limited edition?
Wife got the WiiU game and paperwhite.

fatcatbebe

Neo Member
You could of done what I did and just started playing right handed guitars off the bat. Now that Im comfortable with right handed guitar,left handed guitars are hard to play.

its too late now, ive been playing like this for more than 10 years. my bass guitar is lefty too. i am not gonna bother at this point.

nny

Some books, Child of Light LE:

Magazines:

New shirt:

LEGO had some discounts on Star Wars sets for May the 4th, so yeah:

Last but not least, I got a couple of artbooks I've been wanting for years:

Now imagine my astonishment when I noticed that the Niea artbook was signed by Abe:

:O

:D

Bold One

Congratulations!

When the 2012 Retina MBP came out, I knew I'd eventually want one; but the internet and software wasn't quite ready. I bought a 13" Retina in the interim, while I waited for the Haswell refresh. Last October, it was very, very difficult to convince myself it was okay spending $2600 on a laptop; but man, am I glad I did. Zero regrets.

Perfect screen, perfect build quality, perfect trackpad, great keyboard, great battery life, good speakers, great I/O, fantastic CPU, lots of RAM, ridiculously fast SSD, and a very capable GPU. All in a thin and light package. It's truly a no-compromise device, IMO. Yeah, you definitely pay for it. But if you have the money, there isn't anything to be upset with once you buy it. One of the only no-compromise devices I've ever purchased in the electronics space.

Enjoy your new toy!! Hope you love it.

would you recommend the 15" for video editing?

Caode

Picked up some Star Wars EU stuff:

I've ordered these but they won't be with me for a while so just posting some images of them for now:

1. Hot Toys - Man of Steel, Superman 1/6th Scale Figure
  2. Sideshow Toys - Ben Kenobi Statue 18", from their Star Wars Mythos line
  3. ..also from the Star Wars Mythos line, Darth Vader Statue ,24"

curb

Banned
  1. Hot Toys - Man of Steel, Superman 1/6th Scale Figure
  2. Sideshow Toys - Ben Kenobi Statue 18", from their Star Wars Mythos line
  3. ..also from the Star Wars Mythos line, Darth Vader Statue ,24"

I do love what was referred to in one of the Star Wars threads as the "Hobo-Wan Kenobi" statue. If I had the money and space, I'd have to get me one of those.

Caode

I do love what was referred to in one of the Star Wars threads as the "Hobo-Wan Kenobi" statue. If I had the money and space, I'd have to get me one of those.

lol it is an apt name for it, I really shouldn't be spending the money on them and I don't exactly have the space for them either but I couldn't resist the temptation, I'm too weak minded!

Bold One

Halo Actionclix scarab, I don't really play this game, but this is a sweet piece to have.
Marshall JCM 900 4101
MXR 10 band EQ
Fender American Telecaster lefty coming next week
Krammer zx30h
Mac Mini
South Park collectors- box not shown
Tales of Symphonia collectors
Eibach sports lowering spring for FRS
Dark Angel Olivia figure
Kuroyukihime figure

come on guy,

you didn't get all that in one month...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
phUJsG9.jpg

Hello VitaGAF!

It has been a busy month. More pics to come, while writing this post I had to leave...

WHOOOOOAAAA!! Stop just a second, those look amazing! I'm guessing you didn't pick those up in the US, because I've never seen them here. I've never seen a candy so spectacular before...

Actually, I bought them at Walgreens in San Francisco... (^ν^)

SheHateMe

I know I said I wasn't going to buy a whole lot in May. I know.

BUUUUUUUUT... it's my birthday month (my birthday is tomorrow, YAY!) and some of these I got a really good deal on, so I couldn't pass them up.

psTLQZzl.jpg

8sTkPL9l.jpg

mHqMlCC.jpg

aYHsEMd.jpg

ZHfl5en.jpg

I'm done for the month. I think.

I hope.

I also bought some new Adidas. They were needed.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
would you recommend the 15" for video editing?

Absolutely. Easily handles a 4K external display if you want something bigger. The built-in screen is about as good as you could possibly ask for in a non-professional/cinema-grade display; color is relatively accurate with some small tweaking. Battery life is good if you need to work on the road, too.

Only concern would be storage space... 512GB isn't oodles. But I imagine you have lots and lots of external storage, anyway. And at least with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt, your options are fast and varied.

Bold One

Absolutely. Easily handles a 4K external display if you want something bigger. The built-in screen is about as good as you could possibly ask for in a non-professional/cinema-grade display; color is relatively accurate with some small tweaking. Battery life is good if you need to work on the road, too.

Only concern would be storage space... 512GB isn't oodles. But I imagine you have lots and lots of external storage, anyway. And at least with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt, your options are fast and varied.

Thanks I am on the cusp of starting some new projects and I am unfamiliar with apple hardware,

what is your take on this model?

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/MacB...-256GB-Iris_Pro_Graphics_ME293B-A/version.asp

Google

Thanks I am on the cusp of starting some new projects and I am unfamiliar with apple hardware,

what is your take on this model?

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/MacB...-256GB-Iris_Pro_Graphics_ME293B-A/version.asp

If you're unfamiliar with Apple Hardware I would suggest trying/playing with one for a while before dropping 2k.

But to answer your question, if you're doing editing you'll get some good useage from the dedicated graphics card and additional RAM in the upgraded model:
http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Apple_MacBook_Pro_Retina_Quad_Core_i7_16GB_512GB_SSD_15_inch_Retina_Laptop_ME294B-A/version.asp

Ban Puncher

Been a busy couple of weeks. Had to lay this lot out on a spare bed.

OsyRqnK.jpg

A new game store that deals in old games opened nearby and were having a half off sale so that's where most of this lot came from. Everything was so cheap and in good condition I couldn't help myself and went nuts.

Going to mod the Master System with a 50hz/60hz switch on the weekend. That's Zillion sitting in the cartridge slot.

One of the GameBoys had the vertical line issue but some work with the soldering iron sorted that out and now it's good as new.

I can finally get around to packing most of this lot away now that I've got off my arse to take a photo.

Top Bottom