• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my 21st birthday Wednesday sooo...
2qs14yr.jpg

*Gibson Faded SG electric guitar
*The Wrestler
*12 month Xbox LIVE
*Metallica - Kill em All, Ride the Lightning Guitar Tablature

AzBat

AzBat said:
Thanks! Yes, I took it apart & used lots of masking tape. However, after I finished it & got it all back together I noticed a few spots I needed to touch-up. So instead of taking it apart again I tried covering the keys. Didn't work too well & I ended up getting a little splattered on the grey part on the bottom left. Oh well. It still looks great, matches the controller pretty close & also has a good feel/texture. I don't have any complaints! As for additional photos I can send them to you or I could post them here. Anybody else interested?

OK, I went ahead took some more photos. Here you go Ergo!

2cqgxhc.jpg

141lj6e.jpg

24wbzi1.jpg

1rueps.jpg

20kduua.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
CaptainCamerica said:
2qs14yr.jpg

*The Wrestler
*12 month Xbox LIVE

wow, nice guitar, great tab books...successful birthday, happy bday.

CoG

CaptainCamerica said:
2qs14yr.jpg

*The Wrestler
*12 month Xbox LIVE

Shit I want that SG. Nice!

CaptainCamerica said:
2qs14yr.jpg

*The Wrestler
*12 month Xbox LIVE

Goddamn manliest post on GAF.

Don't die of alcohol poisoning. Have fun!

painey

damn.. I pressed END and it scrolled to the bottom of the page, I saw a long leg in a tight skirt, i scroll up and its a fucking japanese model!

CaptainCamerica said:
2qs14yr.jpg

*The Wrestler
*12 month Xbox LIVE

Wow dude, happy fuckin' birthday! AWESOME haul!

AzBat said:
2cqgxhc.jpg
I used that same paint thing that you posted before and it works really well on Xbox 360 controllers. I'd highly recommend it to anyone wanting to paint their plastic items.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've gotten presale tickets to an event in August. $300 for my seats but they are easily going for 15 times that much.

Expensive month for me, new computer and a GPS along with some CD's (not pictured yet)

Aluminium Macbook 2.4ghz
3557714230_54624bee29.jpg

Garmin Nuvi 765T GPS
3556906535_a8940f8785.jpg

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
CaptainCamerica said:
2qs14yr.jpg

*The Wrestler
*12 month Xbox LIVE
You didn't get the Blu Ray? Ouch. Hey, it's the thought that counts.

cresto

Alivor said:
Got UFC 2009 and Sacred 2 (both 360), and got this for my birthday:

0521091857.jpg

fuck yeah dude, when are you going to take it out for a spin? I miss riding :(

AzBat said:

2cqgxhc.jpg

Damn dude, you made that look almost identicle to the controller. do you know if they carry the same color as the red controller? that's currenty what i have. how much time did you spend on it?

Alivor

ergo said:
fuck yeah dude, when are you going to take it out for a spin? I miss riding :(
Rode it when I got it, and a little today. I need goggles and protective gear, but it's really been a blast so far.

2cpb413.jpg

Sonic Youth - Sister
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation (deluxe)
Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Back to the Future Trilogy (steelbook)
Seinfeld Seasons 1, 2 & 3 boxset

:)

Sorry for the shitty phone pics, like uber bad but it was easiest.
Photo0284.jpg

Photo0285.jpg

These other things I ordered last night so no pics yet but here are the links to the items
Nightmare Before Christmas Tee
Green Intestines and Rib Cage Hoodie
Woven Chain Shirt

- Thanks to CAG for pointing me on to this Hot Topic deal and then the coupon for 10 dollars off.
- Also thanks to CAG for the coupon that allowed me to get Mirrors Edge slightly cheaper.
- Thanks to my Girlfriend for getting me Burst Limit as she knows I'd been wanting it for a while now!

oatmeal

Banned
I guess it doesn't count as picking up...NEW stuff...

But my parents drove down and brought all of my old Nintendo shit including my Zelda collection:

6.jpg

I forgot to grab my Phantom Hourglass and throw it on the table...but the rest are there...

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

0.jpg

AzBat

ergo said:
Damn dude, you made that look almost identicle to the controller. do you know if they carry the same color as the red controller? that's currenty what i have. how much time did you spend on it?

Thanks man! I tried my best. I took my time doing it. Not sure how long since it was spread over a couple of days. Probably 8 hours max. Most of it was waiting for it to dry. Though taking it apart & doing the masking took a lot of time too.

As for painting it red, I'm not sure if the colors they have will match. According to their site they have 2 reds & a burgandy. Check it out below...

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/vinyl.html

You will most likely find it at automotive parts stores like O'Reilly Automotive, Autozone, Pep Boys, Advance Auto Parts & NAPA. However, their site also mentions WalMart, KMart & Meijers.

If I were you, once I found a can at a store I would do a test spray on a small piece of plastic. Take it home let it dry & then see it matches your controller.

Jaroof

robot said:
IGN has an awesome walkthrough for this, I remember downloading the PDF a few years ago.

Really? Cool, thanks. I'll check it out.
Edit: Man, that's dumb. I can't download it, because I'm not an insider..

I got my hands tattooed, the left one just finished healing. Still gotta finish the right one. This is the only picture I have that show them, I'll try to get the wife to take proper pics when she gets home. The left hand it the old US Sheild w/crest, and the right hand has the celtic harp on it and it'll get it's own crest soon.

MeInGarage.jpg

Oh, and that light fixture is new. :lol

Yes Boss!

My Memorial weekend starts this Sunday night since I had to work all weekend. Got myself a nice IPA to begin it with. Never tried Coronado but it is pretty good, if a little sweet. Not near as good as Stone Ruination, though.

P1000912.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Some pickups today...

3561168575_a00537d2e8.jpg

Got two SFAC sticks for $30 each and two Exar Neo Geo 2 sticks new for about $100. Great deal! I never expected to find these today lol.

3561166365_930a25a511.jpg

Best Buy in San Diego marked down the AC6 bundles to $49.99!

3561167297_13a4086996.jpg

... and got the GOTY edition on sale too for $39.

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
3561166365_930a25a511.jpg

Best Buy in San Diego marked down the AC6 bundles to $49.99!

Damn, $99 was a good deal a few months back but $49 is a steal. Might be tempted to check my local Best Buy here in Orange County to pick one up. Was that just a one-off or were there plenty available?

PS: Jealous of the Garou stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom