• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd love to join but I'm curious as to when you guys actually play the games. I can't play from Friday evenings until Saturday evenings.

Marvie_3

Banned
Plinko said:
I'd love to join but I'm curious as to when you guys actually play the games. I can't play from Friday evenings until Saturday evenings.
Last year it was pretty much every day/night.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Marvie_3 said:
Last year it was pretty much every day/night.

Would me not being able to play on Friday nights be a huge issue?

Spl1nter

More importantly we should be coming up with a team name, possibly something along the line of Gaf's Sloppy Seconds.

You guys played every night and day last year? Really?

Me and woodchuck played every night and we eventually left the club cause we thought yall just quit :lol

my gt is pheeniks

Phthisis

My undersized, full of heart, wrist shot from the point, constantly being checked LD will return. I'm definitely wearing a full cage this year, though.

Gamertag is Justegarde. Also, I feel like if there are a group of us that are serious about playing a lot, we should definitely hold practice sessions or something because when we all first started last year we were an absolute mess as a team.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
im in for another go this year.

#6 / sefskillz / 3rd line face washing grinder on wing

Phthisis

SnakeswithLasers said:
#28 Laserbot
Don't really care about position--obviously winger if there's room; but I'm down with D again.
Fuck, I might even try goalie. :lol

Apparently they made significant changes to the way human goalie is played to make it easier for the EASHL.

I can't play weekday nights mostly likely due to school night classes but I can play weekends if that's alright.

#68- Manchot Dieu - RW (LW If desperate)

purg3

slept with Malkin
woot, in. Crosbyface returns for another season. :lol

thanks for saving my #, friend.

position C/LW

It will depend if I pick the game up day 1 or not, I may wait because of other games that will be coming out (ODST comes out a few days after), so I don't know how much I would play it if I picked it up day 1, but whenever I do get it, I would like to be apart, playing NHL 09 offline gets boring after a while.

edit: I'll just throw my info out there.

GT: CrazedArabMan

#99 (if allowable, if not then 19 or 13)

Position: RW/C/LW

X26

Banned
#26 - X26 - C/G

We defidentely should have a new name. Too bad EA doesn't put up all the created logos online so we can see the mahead of time. I defidentely want us using one of those + custom jerseys rather than an existing team logo/jersey

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think I want to give this a try:

GT: Tontaku

RD/LD/G

I've never been too good at scoring goals so I figure I should focus in on defense. I'll keep training over the next few weeks so I won't be a burden to the team.

X26

Banned
Kave_Man said:
I think I want to give this a try:

GT: Tontaku

RD/LD/G

I've never been too good at scoring goals so I figure I should focus in on defense. I'll keep training over the next few weeks so I won't be a burden to the team.

If last year is any indication, you'll fit right in :lol

i played a lot this year so i really got adept at scoring goals so everyone give ph33nix the FUCKING PUCK
just kidding

anyways, who was on the team last year that attempted the flying V? :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
ph33nix said:
i played a lot this year so i really got adept at scoring goals so everyone give ph33nix the FUCKING PUCK
just kidding

anyways, who was on the team last year that attempted the flying V? :lol

:lol that was funny as hell. for a while there, we had a pretty solid group going. I'll never forget the 20+ round shootout :lol

also sent QVT a msg on live to see if he wants in. Wouldn't mind having the monster that is Ivan Drago back on the blue line...

X26 said:
If last year is any indication, you'll fit right in :lol

we're fucked this year then since they said it's harder to score goals :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
purg3 said:
:lol that was funny as hell. for a while there, we had a pretty solid group going. I'll never forget the 20+ round shootout :lol

also sent QVT a msg on live to see if he wants in. Wouldn't mind having the monster that is Ivan Drago back on the blue line...
Sweet! Drago was a beast for us.

20+ round shootout was epic.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Marvie_3 said:

20+ round shootout was epic.

should probably send a msg to fighty on live as well to see if he wants in this year since he is also banned.

Smash88

Banned
Sign me up!

GT: Smash808

#7 - C/G (LW if needed)

Played NHL 09 to death.

I wanted to join last season, but GAF didn't approve my account 'till recently. (I hope I get a spot on the team :D )

Marvie_3

Banned
purg3 said:
should probably send a msg to fighty on live as well to see if he wants in this year since he is also banned.
Yeah, we need Fighty on the GAF team again.

purg3 said:
we're fucked this year then since they said it's harder to score goals :lol
At least we won't get jobbed by curve shots this year. Last year we started playing a much better team game and would have won a lot more if not for the teams lighting it up with glitch goals.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This is probably a terrible for me but i love these online team sports games (i was involved in a fifa10v10 online club for a long time as a center forward, great times) and i love a good ice hockey game so ill put my name down as a sub or reserve. I dont know all the rules, most of it mystifys me but im a quick learner and generally decent gamer, especially with sports games. Living in Europe i imagine thats another setback but im on quite late at nights so im sure ill be around for a few games

Me and my bro did a couple of cups in nhl09 where we picked a position each and i did pretty well as a RW so ill go there, Jersey 23

Phthisis

Marvie_3 said:

When he wasn't in the penalty box for shoving dudes who didn't have the puck. Like ALL THE TIME. The refs would get him for breathing the wrong way on a guy.

Marvie_3

Banned
Phthisis said:
When he wasn't in the penalty box for shoving dudes who didn't have the puck. Like ALL THE TIME. The refs would get him for breathing the wrong way on a guy.
I think everyone had games like that though. There was one game where I had at least 5 penalties. :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ill try and cut down the penos if possible, its so so tempting to do the diving shot block and take random people out thought

I cant help myself :lol

i will play any position, by the way. im just used to being a LW but i also enjoy defense from time to time (and i really mean i'll play defense, not be a defender and then go fastbreaking :lol )

baultista

Banned
Come to think of it... I'm going to have nightschool 4 days of the week come September :lol I'm going to be busy as hell, but I'd gladly play with you guys part-time (gonna be way too busy to play every night!)

I guess that's good and bad. The bad news is that I won't be able to start until around 11pm at night... but I could probably go until 3am :D

Anyways, I'm down for some NHL 09 practice games!

Can we do this via OTP instead of creating an NHL 09 club though? I don't really want to leave the one I'm on right now

FYI...

Over 500GP, Over 300G, close to 600A in OTP

Level 22 in Ranked Vs (GO BLUE JACKETS!)

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
i will play any position, by the way. im just used to being a LW but i also enjoy defense from time to time (and i really mean i'll play defense, not be a defender and then go fastbreaking :lol )
Same with me. It's irritating when we've got one of the defensemen playing as a 4th forward. :lol

baultista said:
I guess that's good and bad. The bad news is that I won't be able to start until around 11pm at night... but I could probably go until 3am :D

Anyways, I'm down for some NHL 09 practice games!

Can we do this via OTP instead of creating an NHL 09 club though? I don't really want to leave the one I'm on right now
That wouldn't be a problem. Seemed like almost every night we had games going until 3-4am anyway.

As soon as I get my copy of 09 back, I'd be up for some practice games.

Spl1nter

Marvie_3 said:
Same with me. It's irritating when we've got one of the defensemen playing as a 4th forward. :lol

But what if I name my player Mike Green? :lol
But ya there are very few cases where a forward should be leading the rush. Best is when dmen think they are forecheckers.

Marvie_3 said:
That wouldn't be a problem. Seemed like almost every night we had games going until 3-4am anyway.

As soon as I get my copy of 09 back, I'd be up for some practice games.

That would be cool, wonder if the NHL10 demo will have OTP.

Mr Cola

I forget but can you be a goalie online? I like the notion of Neogaf having a monster goalie

Marvie_3

Banned
Spl1nter said:
But what if I name my player Mike Green? :lol
Would be better than some of the player names that were in EASHL last year. There were whole teams of players named Koopa Troopa or a whole team made of players with stoner names. :lol

Spl1nter said:
That would be cool, wonder if the NHL10 demo will have OTP.
Would be sweet but I doubt it.

Mr Cola said:
I forget but can you be a goalie online? I like the notion of Neogaf having a monster goalie
Yeah, you can. If anyone is up for dedicating themselves to playing goalie, that'd be sweet. It was rough goings last year when someone who wasn't used to playing goalie stepped in net.

Spl1nter

Marvie_3 said:
Would be better than some of the player names that were in EASHL last year. There were whole teams of players named Koopa Troopa or a whole team made of players with stoner names. :lol

Does anyone actually use there own name? I used mine in be a pro but it was a bit to long for the jersey. Looked wierd.

Marvie_3

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Does anyone actually use there own name? I used mine in be a pro but it was a bit to long for the jersey. Looked wierd.
A few people did, including me. Not sure if I will this year or not. I'll have to think up an awesome name if I don't though. :lol

baultista

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Wow I thought I was the only person with that problem :lol

I usually use Christian Hanson or Boyd Devereaux

Spl1nter

:lol Deveraux, just make sure you get a hattrick in the most unimportant game ever.

I think I will probably go with my name or either Schenn / Human Eraser / Scott Stevens if I play RD.

pringles

baultista said:
I usually use Christian Hanson or Boyd Devereaux
Just so you know, I am NOT passing the puck to Boyd fucking Devereaux :lol

I always go with "Rob Fearing" when I create a player in NHL games.

Phthisis

Marvie_3 said:

I was usually guilty of this once we were down by 3 goals. Of course it didn't help us not get scored on anymore...

This year, I'm going by a new motto: play within myself, play within myself...

Spl1nter

Phthisis said:
I was usually guilty of this once we were down by 3 goals. Of course it didn't help us not get scored on anymore...

This year, I'm going by a new motto: play within myself, play within myself...

Just make your player the biggest possible. That should really stop you from joining the rush.

Marvie_3

Banned
pringles said:
Just so you know, I am NOT passing the puck to Boyd fucking Devereaux :lol
:lol :lol :lol

Phthisis said:
At that point it's desperation time anyway. Pretty much have to pull out all the stops to score.

*Added a section for Player Names on the roster section for those of you that have your EASHL player name picked.

Top Bottom