• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
My Player name will be Joe Joleson

I've no idea why

Marvie_3 said:
I should be on in a couple hours for awhile.

I'm getting on again, these practice games are really letting me get the hang of playing online, plus I got some good points to game ratio so far.

15 games played
9 goals
4 assists

I would like for at least 5 people today, that would be cool.

I have zero online experience, so wouldn't mind a bit of NHL 09 online practice. Especially to measure up the latency and adjust my reactions to accommodate.

Spl1nter

ph33nix said:
I can play today! Will there be games tonight?

Most Likely.

Otherwise I have been playing OTP and now I am just getting fucking pissed off becuase the other team is only scoring goals with cross crease passes from the red line. Hasnt been one other single fucking goal. I can stand my player in front of the net and do everything to stop it and there player will still get the puck through my body and score. They better have fixed this in NHL10 with the loser puck system.

Marvie_3

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Most Likely.

Otherwise I have been playing OTP and now I am just getting fucking pissed off becuase the other team is only scoring goals with cross crease passes from the red line. Hasnt been one other single fucking goal. I can stand my player in front of the net and do everything to stop it and there player will still get the puck through my body and score. They better have fixed this in NHL10 with the loser puck system.
This is just something we're gonna have to deal with until 10 comes out. Our W/L record for the temp. team is already trashed because of this. I think we need to just take whatever positives we can from the games and move on. Yeah it's annoying but it's still good practice. Also, make sure to submit player reviews/complaints for people doing that.

Dastardly Jerks said:
I have zero online experience, so wouldn't mind a bit of NHL 09 online practice. Especially to measure up the latency and adjust my reactions to accommodate.
Wasn't able to send an invite for some reason. You might need to set up a be a pro player for online play if you haven't done so yet.

I tried playing goalie for the first time last night. Didn't go nearly as bad as I thought it would. I think the final score was 4-1.....I figured it would be 20-1. :lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I should be free tonight after 9pm EST to finally experience some online play.

I have two Be a Pro players; one is a goalie, and the other is a center.

I'm not sure how it works online, but if we need a defenceman I can try to whip one up tonight.

Kave_Man said:
I should be free tonight after 9pm EST to finally experience some online play.

I have two Be a Pro players; one is a goalie, and the other is a center.

I'm not sure how it works online, but if we need a defenceman I can try to whip one up tonight.

There really is nothing different between your regular player and a defensive player unless you want to change a few attributes around.

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
There really is nothing different between your regular player and a defensive player unless you want to change a few attributes around.
Changing his Be A Pro player to an actual defensemen would shift all his attributes to be more defensively focused. Depending on his play style, it could make a huge difference.

Marvie_3 said:
Changing his Be A Pro player to an actual defensemen would shift all his attributes to be more defensively focused. Depending on his play style, it could make a huge difference.

True, anyways I'm getting on in about an hour and a half, I expect your A game today, no bad penalties. :p

Or you can play goal again.

so what position should i play? my best is LW but if you guys need a d-man let me know. i'm gonna pop it in and reacquaint myself

ph33nix said:
so what position should i play? my best is LW but if you guys need a d-man let me know. i'm gonna pop it in and reacquaint myself

Not sure, depends on how many people we get tonight, I've been working usually on center so I can work on my faceoff's, we usually have 1 d-man and 3 forwards when we play, but that also depends on if Marvie is going to play goal or not. If he does, then we have only 2 forwards.

Marvie_3 said:
Wasn't able to send an invite for some reason. You might need to set up a be a pro player for online play if you haven't done so yet.

Bizarro. I have a Be A Pro goalie setup. Checking in both the EASHL and Be a Pro options doesn't really lead to anything that suggests theres an offline/online version of each character. I have started a BAP career as this character though, does that mean I can't play it online cos it's locked to an offline career?

Characters name is "Bede Timms" btw. Forgot to specify that.

Marvie_3

Banned
Got Dastardly added finally. I kept having problems sending him an invite and couldn't figure out why until I realized I was spelling his gamertag wrong. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Good game tonight Dastardly. I chalk up several of those goals to lag. You played really well in net otherwise. I was surprised I scored 2 goals(one a complete fluke(trying to poke check, ended up with the puck, WEAK shot from the blue line that trickled through) but I'll take it) and I was REALLY shocked to have 4 really good AI players. I couldn't believe that. Normally the AI players on our team are the worst players known to man. :lol

Good times :lol

So the lag is pretty terrible. There's at least a 1 second delay between input, which reeeeally hurts when you're trying to match moves with a skater on a breakaway. And if they're dodging around behind your net trying to get a wrap around, it's even worse.

I managed to make the occasional good save. But the lag means that if I was playing, it wouldn't be at my best. Hopefully with a little more online experience I can adjust and learn to accommodate for it. I've already started moving in a 'grid'-like way (IE: Tapping a certain direction instead of holding down the stick and moving so that I don't over-compensate etc).

But if worse comes to worse I would really hate to be a burden on the team and wouldn't mind sitting this one out.

Hopefully the netcode has significantly improved in NHL10. And if that's not a possibility, then we'll have to wait til March 2010 when I move to Vancouver.

Damn you Australia/Oceanic, just another one of your many unintentional anti-hockey traits..

Marvie_3

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:
But if worse comes to worse I would really hate to be a burden on the team and wouldn't mind sitting this one out.
Even with the lag you still played way better than most of the AI goalies we get stuck with. :lol

Still amazes me that the positional AI players we had were REALLY good. The one goal they scored all by themselves on 4 lightning quick passes was crazy.

Totally! I have no idea how they dictate what plays the AI makes and what attributes they have, but that play was outstanding!

Good to hear I'm somewhat decent too :D

Marvie_3 said:
Even with the lag you still played way better than most of the AI goalies we get stuck with. :lol

Still amazes me that the positional AI players we had were REALLY good. The one goal they scored all by themselves on 4 lightning quick passes was crazy.

Its probably my fault, whenever I play, the AI says to itself, hey CrazedArabMan is playing, lets do really bad so he can yell at the TV some more.

Stupid AI

baultista

Banned
The technician is finally coming to fix my home Internet connection tonight.

I'll try to be online at around 10pm or so, but I make no promises!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I'm dumb, here I am waiting for an invite for the NHL10 team to play last night and it just dawned on me today that the 09 team is something entirely different. :lol

Marvie if you could please add me I can join in on some fun this week before I head off to Cuba.

my gt again is Tontaku.

Kave_Man said:
So I'm dumb, here I am waiting for an invite for the NHL10 team to play last night and it just dawned on me today that the 09 team is something entirely different. :lol

Marvie if you could please add me I can join in on some fun this week before I head off to Cuba.

my gt again is Tontaku.

We'll be on again tonight, maybe around 8ish again, just check the NHL10GAF tag to see who is online and message anyone to see if they want to play some EASHL.

Marvie_3

Banned
Kave_Man said:

my gt again is Tontaku.
Invite sent.

Spl1nter

CrazedArabMan said:
We'll be on again tonight, maybe around 8ish again, just check the NHL10GAF tag to see who is online and message anyone to see if they want to play some EASHL.

Will be on between 8:30-9:00 tonight

Top Bottom