• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

X26

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Does anyone actually use there own name? I used mine in be a pro but it was a bit to long for the jersey. Looked wierd.

Initially I used a variation on my name, then I just used whatever. In 09 I use (first)Tin (last)Tin right now

I'd LOVE to come and goaltend for you guys (got the Vezna in my BAP career as Giguere), but with the dramatic timezone difference between there and AUS I don't think it will be very appropriate.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
CrazedArabMan said:
I'll be up for some NHL 09 practice because I never really played NHL 09 online at all.

Yeah I never got to play it online as well. I'm pretty excited to finally try out some online play with this.

I'm going to try to learn goalie pretty well over these next couple weeks for if we ever need a backup when one of our stud goalies aren't around.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:
I'd LOVE to come and goaltend for you guys (got the Vezna in my BAP career as Giguere), but with the dramatic timezone difference between there and AUS I don't think it will be very appropriate.
Time zone difference probably wouldn't be too big of a deal seeing as there's usually games going around the clock. Only thing I'd be worried about is the lag, but we could give it a shot if you wanted.

I'll be around most of the day if anyone wants to play a few games today.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Is there a practice mode confirmed for this year?
There were team practice modes in 09. I'm assuming they'll be in 10 as well.

I'm home for the rest of the day now if anyone wants to play/practice.

Edit: WTF? You were banned in the last hour or so. :lol

RS4-

Damn, count me in for this if a slot frees up (or if there's another GAFEASHL team haha.

GT: Pinbacker
Position: any winger, whatever the team needs

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
Damn, count me in for this if a slot frees up (or if there's another GAFEASHL team haha.

GT: Pinbacker
Position: any winger, whatever the team needs
Roster can have 50 players so there is still plenty of room. If it gets to 50 then we'll do a waiting/sub list like last year.

Any interest in a short term EASHL team on NHL 09? I was thinking we could use it to practice/get newcomers familiar with EASHL before NHL 10 comes out.

Marvie_3 said:
Roster can have 50 players so there is still plenty of room. If it gets to 50 then we'll do a waiting/sub list like last year.

Any interest in a short term EASHL team on NHL 09?

I'm game, I'm on right now too. Let me finish beating up on Nashville first.

Marvie_3 said:
rjqpzr.jpg

Practice? Practice??

Actually that's not a bad idea. Maybe we can get a practice schedule worked in too somewhere.

If you're using that number, your character might need a sweet mullet. :D

Go Jagr! :D

I'd practice but I've got 2k9 :(

Skates 300 dollars, Stick 200 dollars, Accidentally leaving a game because you want to see the awesome goal you just scored... Priceless

FML :(

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Skates 300 dollars, Stick 200 dollars, Accidentally leaving a game because you want to see the awesome goal you just scored... Priceless

FML :(
Your computer replacement still did an awesome job scoring 2 more goals. :lol

Smash88

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Fixed. :lol

Couple wins tonight. Few losses on completely garbage goals. :lol

I sold my copy of NHL 09, for whatever money I could get before I get NHL 10. Are people still spamming the goal line glitch. God damn, when I played that game, I swear to god at least one person on a team would be a pro at it. Like he practices it on a daily basis. You couldn't even check him. The guy would somehow manage to get out of the check and still do it.

Any news on whether or not this is fixed. I saw them talking about curve shots, but this seems much easier and cheaper.

Marvie_3

Banned
Smash88 said:
I sold my copy of NHL 09, for whatever money I could get before I get NHL 10. Are people still spamming the goal line glitch. God damn, when I played that game, I swear to god at least one person on a team would be a pro at it. Like he practices it on a daily basis. You couldn't even check him. The guy would somehow manage to get out of the check and still do it.
There was one team that was completely devoted to cheap wraparounds, two teams were doing the goal line glitch and one other had a few curve shot fiends on it. We played really well other than getting beat by shit goals.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
CrazedArabMan said:
I'm game, I'm on right now too. Let me finish beating up on Nashville first.
still upset about 8-0, gotta take it to digital land on easy to knock off the mighty predators?

preds80.jpg

this image needed to be in this thread anyway, no hockey thread is complete without it

oh and i usually just name my dude 'sef skillz'

sefskillz said:
still upset about 8-0, gotta take it to digital land on easy to knock off the mighty predators?

Surprisingly, out of my few games I played, they were the only ones that gave me a challenge, Vancouver couldn't even compete with me. But in the end Nashville still got crushed. :D

Edit: games were fun last night, cheaters ruin the fun but other than that I had a great time. Marvie takes too many penalties and it is way to easy to get called for tripping or interference. It would be fun with more people so hopefully tonight we have more people online.

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Marvie takes too many penalties and it is way to easy to get called for tripping or interference.
That's why. On half those penalties I had my back turned to someone, they fell down, and I still got called for it. 09 must have me confused for QVT since he isn't around. :lol

RS4-

Marvie_3 said:

Any interest in a short term EASHL team on NHL 09? I was thinking we could use it to practice/get newcomers familiar with EASHL before NHL 10 comes out.

lol, it's been a while since I've played an EASHL match; forgot about the 50 person limit.

If I get a hold of 09 again, I'll play.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, I should be home by then. I'll have a few drinks in me by then too. :lol

It will make for some fun games. You'll now take two times the number of penalties. :D

I'll also be on for the rest of the night.

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
It will make for some fun games. You'll now take two times the number of penalties. :D

I'll also be on for the rest of the night.
If it works like Rock Band, I'll play way better. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
If it works like Rock Band, I'll play way better. :lol

we'll see. :p

Also to everyone else, we need some more people, so if you will be on tonight, get on NHL, we got 3 people so far.

Edit: if your getting on, get on now!!!!!!

Marvie_3 said:
Time zone difference probably wouldn't be too big of a deal seeing as there's usually games going around the clock. Only thing I'd be worried about is the lag, but we could give it a shot if you wanted.

I'll be around most of the day if anyone wants to play a few games today.

In that case..

#15 JehovahsFitness Goaltender (Butterfly)

Marvie_3

Banned
purg3 said:
Marvie, QVT said he is in.
Fighty is in too.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I should I buy this used or just wait until nhl 10....
If finally dropped to a decent used price too. It was $50+ for ~11 months. :lol

*If anyone else still has NHL 09 and wants to get some games in, I set up a temporary team. Let me know and I'll shoot you an invite. A few of us have been playing the last few nights and would love to get some more people playing.

Phthisis

Marvie_3 said:
Fighty is in too.

If finally dropped to a decent used price too. It was $50+ for ~11 months. :lol

*If anyone else still has NHL 09 and wants to get some games in, I set up a temporary team. Let me know and I'll shoot you an invite. A few of us have been playing the last few nights and would love to get some more people playing.

I'll jump on for a bit. Send me an invite through Live when everyone is playing (i'll just leave my 360 on).

Top Bottom