• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I haven't been pressing the power button. Just my normal routine of pouring scotch into the 360s vents when i get drunk...
I pee on mine. The 360 looks like a urinal when its upright. :\

My parents are going to be in town this weekend so I won't be on much, if at all. If I'm even on it'll be late.

Marvie_3 said:
I pee on mine. The 360 looks like a urinal when its upright. :\

My parents are going to be in town this weekend so I won't be on much, if at all. If I'm even on it'll be late.

can you make me an admin so i can approve people while you're gone?

Mariner

Good game GAF!

My friend and I just played you and we lost on that really good penalty shot in overtime. Good times!

PBY

Banned
Mariner said:
Good game GAF!

My friend and I just played you and we lost on that really good penalty shot in overtime. Good times!
wat:lol it was good times, but why the hell aren't you on our team?

oh my god this game will not fucking end and my lag is like 2 seconds

see i'm not shitting you, did you just see that breakaway in third OT where i shot it AFTER i passed the net? :lol

PBY

Banned
ph33nix said:
oh my god this game will not fucking end and my lag is like 2 seconds

see i'm not shitting you, did you just see that breakaway in third OT where i shot it AFTER i passed the net? :lol
dude....this x100000000000000000000000000000000 i was dying after like the first OT- notice my absolutely craptastic play. I knew we were fucked when we basically lost you as a player- Still, to lose in the FUCKING SIXTH OVERTIME... SIX... damn

Mariner

peterb0y said:
wat:lol it was good times, but why the hell aren't you on our team?

No idea. :lol

My buddy and I are pretty new to the game. We've been getting a lot better lately, but still have much to learn. He's been playing FIFA more lately though, so I might need a team here shortly. ;P

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
can you make me an admin so i can approve people while you're gone?
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED 5G: Become a GM

I dub you Marvie Jr. The kids can call you Maju!

peterb0y said:
dude....this x100000000000000000000000000000000 i was dying after like the first OT- notice my absolutely craptastic play. I knew we were fucked when we basically lost you as a player- Still, to lose in the FUCKING SIXTH OVERTIME... SIX... damn
Fuuuuuuck. My head would have exploded. :\

Marvie_3 said:
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED 5G: Become a GM

I dub you Marvie Jr. The kids can call you Maju!

Fuuuuuuck. My head would have exploded. :\

:lol

and yes, my head nearly exploded. this was the most frustrating game...I usually never lag but my guy was like 1-2 seconds behind every move i tried doing. i had several breakaways where my guy wouldn't shoot till he was past the goalie :lol

Finished my 2nd be a pro season, mostly simmed and jumped in if I was losing in the 3rd......

Now this is relevant because my offline player doesn't need the sniper boost pack anymore, 81 overall with the boost pack, 82 without it :D

Now to get to this stage online and I'll be flying

My xbox won't stay online for more than 15 minutes at a time now. I'm going to go buy a new router...but I really don't want to spend any money on one. =(

Marvie_3

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Finished my 2nd be a pro season, mostly simmed and jumped in if I was losing in the 3rd......

Now this is relevant because my offline player doesn't need the sniper boost pack anymore, 81 overall with the boost pack, 82 without it :D

Now to get to this stage online and I'll be flying
Son of a bitch man. I've played about 6 games offline. Probably because it disgusts me to see my dude in a Canucks jersey. :\

SnakeswithLasers said:
My xbox won't stay online for more than 15 minutes at a time now. I'm going to go buy a new router...but I really don't want to spend any money on one. =(
Yeah, wouldn't want to cut into the alcohol budget. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Son of a bitch man. I've played about 6 games offline. Probably because it disgusts me to see my dude in a Canucks jersey. :\
I just kept doing it over and over until I got to an acceptable team. After about 20 tries on the leafs, rangers, penguins, sharks, ducks, flyers, etc., I ended up on the caps and just rolled with it.

Yeah, wouldn't want to cut into the alcohol budget. :lol

...shut up. I've at least managed to play borderlands offline. I'm level 20!

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I just kept doing it over and over until I got to an acceptable team. After about 20 tries on the leafs, rangers, penguins, sharks, ducks, flyers, etc., I ended up on the caps and just rolled with it.
. The first two times I did the prospects game, I ended up on the Wings and Rags. I said I was going to just go with it on the 3rd try and got stuck with the Canucks.

With my goalie BAP, I got drafted by the Wild 4 straight times. So now my goalie is down in the Wild's farm system. :/

SnakeswithLasers said:
...shut up. I've at least managed to play borderlands offline. I'm level 20!
I'm a level 9 dude! YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
We should play--I think I have a siren at level 8. I can reliably connect in 10-30 minutes bursts (minus the 15 minutes it takes for me to join a party and a game).
Yeah we should. I'm way behind everyone else's character levels.

Marvie_3

Banned
*Finally got around to finishing the roster cleanup. Dropped the following players due to inactivity:

Baultista
Mr Cola
Kave_Man
Eric WK
Spl1nter

Jersey numbers now available again: 9, 14, 20, 23, 81

*Sent an invite to Cide.

We need to play tonight!

I can play right now

Or later tonight

haha
just had a 4 goal, 1 assist game in be a pro against the Devils :D

Hat trick goal came after I hit the line change button......puck deflected off me as my player turned to leave the zone lol

Marvie_3 said:
*Finally got around to finishing the roster cleanup. Dropped the following players due to inactivity:

Baultista
Mr Cola
Kave_Man
Eric WK
Spl1nter

Jersey numbers now available again: 9, 14, 20, 23, 81

*Sent an invite to Cide.

We need to play tonight!

yes. when will we all be on? we have to redeem ourselves for all those 1-0 losses that night, so fucking frustrating =/

Marvie_3

Banned
Patch is out!

Here are a couple of the key fixes that we’ve made in the Title Update:

Fixed the exploit to slap-shot a 5-hole goal from below the face-off circle.

* Although our goalies are much improved in NHL 10, there was an exploit when shooting from below the face-off circle that resulted in a goal more often than not. The goalies are now tuned to better handle shots from this area.

Increased speed of passes with Manual passing on.

* This year we added Hardcore Passing (manual passing) that gave you total control of your pass speed and direction. Overall, the new passing was well received but the consensus was that you should be able to pass the puck harder and that the bottom-end speed was too slow. We’ve increased the bottom-end speed so the passes are crisper and also increased the top-end slightly as well.

Reduced the ability to boardplay players who are far away from you.

* It was a little unrealistic being able to ’suck’ a player into boardplay as he was skating away from you so we’ve made it much harder to pin a player that is skating away. The further he is from you, the less likely you’ll be able to boardplay him.

Tuning of trade logic.

* Too many superstars were being offered up for trades so we’ve dialed this back along with reducing how often players are repeatedly offered up for trade.

Added the ability for a user to apply boost slots to authentic helmets.

* We’ve added the ability to apply boost slots to an authentic helmet so users can get the benefit of the boosts without having to wear a helmet with a design on it.

Here are some of the other main fixes that will be in the Title Update:

* Fixed the bug that would make a player sometimes exit pass blocking (L1/LT) when they got close to their goalie.
* Fixed the bug that would prevent offline Be a Pro player from getting ice-time in some situations.
* Fixed a crash that could happen on delayed penalty shots.
* Improved logic for how fighting affects teamplay scores in Be a Pro.
* Prevent L1/LT from allowing players to bypass stumble animations.
* Improvements to goalies to reduce 5-hole goals in some contexts.
* Tuned thresholds for injuries from hard shots.
* Added the ability to escape a prefight circle by pressing L2/LB.
* Fixed the bug that made it possible to “shoot” a puck slowly out of the one-handed animation such that nobody could pick it up.
* Improved goalie aggressiveness when poking the puck on cross-crease passes.
* Improved the ability of defencemen are able to do puck pickups behind them to help defend cross-crease passes.
* Reduced the ability to stuff the puck through the goalie by running into him without shooting (most common on wraparounds and reaching puck pickups).
* Reduced accidental interference in front of net.
* Fixed the offline Be a Pro line-change bug where the player is stuck at the bench.
* Prevent slap passes from being deflected at large angles.
* Fixed the bug where the goalie does not react to a shot if he’s banging his stick on the ice to signal the end of a penalty.
* Fixed the bug that makes flip dumps to the middle of the offensive zone go over the glass frequently.
* Fixed the bug that makes CPU center win draws to the the same side all of the time.
* Fixed the bug in the stat tracking of passing.
* Prevent accidental saucer passes after receiving the puck while trying to poke check (because both actions are on R1/RT).
* Tuning to reduce occurrence of tripping penalties when the player being tripped is stationary or moving slowly.
* Tuning to game logic to make it a little easier to stay up on the NHL team during 4-game trial in BAP.
* Many other changes to improve our ability to refine the gameplay tuning with via tuner sets.
Bolded some important ones.

All I can say is....fuck yes. And, no more ugly gold helmet for me!

RS4-

The pass blocking glitch pissed me off during that span of games we lost last week.

Let's see what other stupid shut pops up post patch :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
That patch really seems to have helped. 3-1 tonight and 4 games without any bullshit goals against us. A couple of those teams sucked and those are the types of games we'd lose on garbage goals. Not tonight though! Viva la patch!

This patch seemed to fuck up the defence online, we were on the PK, and the only and the only Defence we had near the net when they had 3 guys comming at it was me, the other one was up in the right corner at the blue line, instead of actualy playing D, it lost us the game.

Marvie_3

Banned
Our defensemen played pretty well, clearing rebounds, checking guys in the crease. They still made a few mistakes but they were the same things they did pre-patch.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Marvie_3 said:
Our defensemen played pretty well, clearing rebounds, checking guys in the crease. They still made a few mistakes but they were the same things they did pre-patch.
Do you guys use AIM? I play defense and will definitely try to help in this area. I don't monitor GAF a lot in the evenings so if you want me to play, just send me a message on AIM or let's designate a time when we all meet. Looking forward to it!

Marvie_3

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Do you guys use AIM? I play defense and will definitely try to help in this area. I don't monitor GAF a lot in the evenings so if you want me to play, just send me a message on AIM or let's designate a time when we all meet. Looking forward to it!
I do. My screen name is in my profile. I always have AIM running on my phone so I'm pretty easy to contact.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
God dammit. I couldn't connect to xbl at all yesterday. I want to try this out.

Viva la returning to hockey tonight, router be damned.
I'll be on tonight. The 4 games we played last night without having a 5-hole goal against us reinspired me for NHL. All those games we lost on shit goals are now winnable for us. I really think we can be over-.500 in the next season and if the patch keeps the game as balanced as it seemed to last night, I think we can play with most teams out there.

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
I really think we can be over-.500
marviemiracle.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg174/peterb0y/marviemiracle.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol :lol :lol :lol

In all seriousness, I really think we can. We're maybe 15 games under right now. I'd bet dollars to donuts that we've had at least that many losses come on shit goals against teams we should have beaten.

Stopping by the liquor store on my way home from class. Awww yeah....

fuck yeah I'm gonna be down after the heat kick the knicks ass.

that patch was all kinds of awesome. we won games we deserved to win!

Don't worry guys, I'm going to drink so much I won't be able to walk.
I'll also be playing goalie.

Or I'll stick to wing. ONLY TIME AND BELLIGERENCE CAN TELL!!!

Top Bottom