• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3 said:
It came out on Oct. 15th I think.

We played much better last night. Outside of that glitch team and Sanjuro and I having a case of stupidpenaltyitis, there wasn't much to complain about. Other than getting jobbed on some of our scoring chances that is...

I don't beat women either. I only joke about that. :lol

Just like Peter doesn't actually rape girls? Ya...I'll believe it when I see it.

We need to work out a little more our offensive positioning. As my guy is built just for jostling in rebounds, I park on the net, but if two of use are up there it can get crowded and not provide outlet passes, so either I am going to rebuild my dude, or people need to get out ma' way. =P

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Just like Peter doesn't actually rape girls? Ya...I'll believe it when I see it.

We need to work out a little more our offensive positioning. As my guy is built just for jostling in rebounds, I park on the net, but if two of use are up there it can get crowded and not provide outlet passes, so either I am going to rebuild my dude, or people need to get out ma' way. =P
I think people just need to get out of your way. You're by far the best down low player on our team so I think whoever else is playing forward needs to worry more about getting shots on net and setting you up instead of cramping your style.

Dear Peterboy,

Marvie asked if I was Mexican and I stated that I'm not, but that I thought you might be some brand of Latino because you hinted at this once before. I think we called you white for going to Duke and you said you were "ethnic" (your words, not mine bro).

Is this true?

Your swift response to this message would be appreciated.

Sanjuro

I think you gave me a case of the penalties. The first few games I didn't have any and then the last few I got called for practically everything.

Overall a good night. That last team we played was a perfect example on how to step up our game. They weren't the best but they exposed themselves pretty easily. We need to get back to some of the board play and be patient. The problem with that sometimes is the game doesn't give you proper time to react to anything.

Biggest problem. We need to be more vocal on where we are going. Too often I see myself or others basically following another teammate like a puppy past the blue line. If this keeps happening some dropping the puck back and a rush to the top of the boards should be in order. Last night I tried to a bit, by the last game I was so dead I think I was just grunting sounds.

1. Organization past the blue line.
2. Specific roles when rushing back to our net.
3. We need to coordinate online our various player types and specific layouts for using attributes.

Our defense I think was some of the best we have seen. We didn't just clog up the middle, but we basically broke up almost every pass.

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Dear Peterboy,

Marvie asked if I was Mexican and I stated that I'm not, but that I thought you might be some brand of Latino because you hinted at this once before. I think we called you white for going to Duke and you said you were "ethnic" (your words, not mine bro).

Is this true?

Your swift response to this message would be appreciated.

haha... I'm Cuban

*I was born here, but both my parents are Cuban

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I fuckin' knew it. I bet your dad is like Jimmy Smits' character in Dexter. A high powered district attorney who will win at any cost.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I fuckin' knew it. I bet your dad is like Jimmy Smits' character in Dexter. A high powered district attorney who will win at any cost.
:lol :lol :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
Which day is the "all day nhl" day? Tomorrow? Wednesday?
Tuesday. I'll be on pretty much all day.

Here's the strategy I think we should work on, it's called "Shoot puck, score goals."

score.gif

In case we're on the other side:

shoot.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Here's the strategy I think we should work on, it's called "Shoot puck, score goals."

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/snakeswithlasers/score.gif[IMG]

In case we're on the other side:

[IMG]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/snakeswithlasers/shoot.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that?

In other news, I'm done with finals. Let's fuckin play some hockey tonight!

Marvie_3 said:
BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that?

In other news, I'm done with finals. Let's fuckin play some hockey tonight!

i could be on in 20-25?

another strategy is
GIVE ME THE FUCKING PUCK AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY jk lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
i could be on in 20-25?

another strategy is
GIVE ME THE FUCKING PUCK AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY jk lol
I'm stuck on campus until my friend gets done with her final. She better not take forever....I have alcohol and NHL waiting for me.

ph33nix, you need to score another goal from your knees. I couldn't save the replay last time. :\ Quite possibly the greatest goal in team history.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I fucking knew it! God DAMMIT.

Good games last night--remember how we were back at 500?

Did you guys end up winning that won where I dropped?
Nope. The got a garbage goal and glitched another one.

Marvie_3

Banned
One of the new players on our team(gamertag: meeble), isn't a GAFer, but from the looks of his numbers, he's pretty good. I have him on my friends list and he should be on the NHL10GAF friends list soon as well. If you see him on or get a message from him, then you'll know who it is. Don't hesitate to invite him to play either.

Marvie_3 said:
Only temporary and it's not 100% definate that I won't be able to play.

I can probably get a game or two in tonight in a half hour. Got to get to bed early though, I have meetings back to back from 8-noon tomorrow. =(

Marvie_3

Banned
Alright dudes, couldn't sleep so I'm leaving now. Time for a 5 hour drive on no sleep. This should be fun. :lol

Hopefully I'll be able to play but if not, good luck and I'll see you guys in a couple weeks.

i hope i don't die. :\

Marvie_3 said:
Alright dudes, couldn't sleep so I'm leaving now. Time for a 5 hour drive on no sleep. This should be fun. :lol

Hopefully I'll be able to play but if not, good luck and I'll see you guys in a couple weeks.

i hope i don't die. :\

You are absolutely bananas.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah and I can't even sleep for about 9 more hours.

During my drive I saw a car with a Red Wings license plate frame. Due to exhaustion and road rage, I was really contemplating the possible outcomes of crashing him. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah and I can't even sleep for about 9 more hours.

During my drive I saw a car with a Red Wings license plate frame. Due to exhaustion and road rage, I was really contemplating the possible outcomes of crashing him. :lol

Once Chicago beats them in the playoffs will you come off your massive hate train?

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Once Chicago beats them in the playoffs will you come off your massive hate train?
I'll come off my hate train of the Red Wings as soon as you come off your hate train of Mexicans....which is never.

Marvie_3 said:
I'll come off my hate train of the Red Wings as soon as you come off your hate train of Mexicans....which is never.

Screw you Marvie, screw you.

I've had exams and I picked up 3 used games, so I haven't been playing NHL at all recently :(

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Screw you Marvie, screw you.

I've had exams and I picked up 3 used games, so I haven't been playing NHL at all recently :(
Love you too Arab. :lol

That USHL game I went to last night was fuckin crazy. Sioux Falls was up 3-0 after about 6 minutes so the Waterloo goalie was pulled. It was 3-2 at the end of the 1st. 52 shots and a 4-3 score at the end of the second. Sioux Falls was down 7-6 until they tied it with 4 seconds left in the 3rd. Went to a shootout and Waterloo won. There ended up being almost 100 shots on goal by the end too. It was unbelievable.

Marvie_3 said:
Love you too Arab. :lol

That USHL game I went to last night was fuckin crazy. Sioux Falls was up 3-0 after about 6 minutes so the Waterloo goalie was pulled. It was 3-2 at the end of the 1st. 52 shots and a 4-3 score at the end of the second. Sioux Falls was down 7-6 until they tied it with 4 seconds left in the 3rd. Went to a shootout and Waterloo won. There ended up being almost 100 shots on goal by the end too. It was unbelievable.

They pulled the goalie in the first. We need to approach hockey this way, especially if I'm in net.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Oh, they subbed their goalie. I thought there was some crazy drunken minor league hockey "pull the goalie" shenanigans.
Poor word choice on my part.

It seemed like both teams pulled their goalies in the 3rd though. Never seen a game like that before.

ph33nix said:
hey everyone get your ass on now i can play till 8 ET (heat game)
I'd play but I haven't figured out a way to get on Live here yet.

Top Bottom