• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
1-1 tonight for ph33nix and I. Both teams feasted on the cross crease. Went down 3-0 early in the first game but fought back to make it a 3-2 final. Other game was dominated by an AI goal and Rainbow Brite knocking it two. :lol

I'm so damn close to my A-. I need 1, maybe 2 good games and it's mine. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
Marvie, cannon blast me an invite.

I ended up snagging the game at Best Buy for $20. Best morning in a while.
Accepted your join request man. Is this game $20 at every BB this week or just a YMMV deal?

Sanjuro

Marvie_3 said:
Accepted your join request man. Is this game $20 at every BB this week or just a YMMV deal?
They printed little signs that stick out into the isle for NHL 10 for $19.99 reduced from $39.99. It was a misprint for the intended 2K poop. I thought all stores would have taken them down by this morning as it was a manual price / manager tears up sign afterward if you found it type deal. I would have grabbed more if I found them.

Marvie_3

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
They printed little signs that stick out into the isle for NHL 10 for $19.99 reduced from $39.99. It was a misprint for the intended 2K poop. I thought all stores would have taken them down by this morning as it was a manual price / manager tears up sign afterward if you found it type deal. I would have grabbed more if I found them.
Damn, I would have snagged a couple as gifts if it was that price at every BB.

I wish FIFA wasn't so fun. But NHL just made me so mad that this game is fucking nice. I'm assuming that FIFA online is even worse than NHL online though...

Anyone want to get in a couple games in a few hours though?

Marvie_3

Banned
2-2-1 on the night wasn't too bad considering what a train wreck some of the games were. :lol

Got another random join request. Anyone know who Ascension22 is?

PBY

Banned
i like the new team vibe... SANJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...i've been in the library way too long today...

Marvie_3

Banned
Now that we seem to have more people joining/playing again, I think we need to play some practice games. We NEED to work on positiong on the ice and cycling the puck more. Trying to cherry pick and drive the puck to the net everytime isn't working.

We also need to play more responsible defense. It doesn't help us at all when 2 or 3 players are out past the blue line. Makes it impossible to clear the zone and gives the other team a bunch of unnecessary scoring opportunities.

I think one thing we should really work on as a team are set plays to clear the zone. The play laserbot and I were running, the one where he'd cover the right board and I'd slap it around and out to him, seemed to work really well. We should figure out a couple ways to consistently clear the zone and practice using them.

Also, we need to figure out how to get the puck up the ice better. We're all guilty of simply trying to fly solo down the ice and it gets us killed at times. It doesn't help that passing sucks and we can't seem to hang onto the puck for shit, but we need to figure something out. Being able to move the puck up the ice effectively will force the other team to fall back and play defense which eases the pressure on our D.

Marvie_3 said:
Now that we seem to have more people joining/playing again, I think we need to play some practice games. We NEED to work on positiong on the ice and cycling the puck more. Trying to cherry pick and drive the puck to the net everytime isn't working.

We also need to play more responsible defense. It doesn't help us at all when 2 or 3 players are out past the blue line. Makes it impossible to clear the zone and gives the other team a bunch of unnecessary scoring opportunities.

I think one thing we should really work on as a team are set plays to clear the zone. The play laserbot and I were running, the one where he'd cover the right board and I'd slap it around and out to him, seemed to work really well. We should figure out a couple ways to consistently clear the zone and practice using them.

Also, we need to figure out how to get the puck up the ice better. We're all guilty of simply trying to fly solo down the ice and it gets us killed at times. It doesn't help that passing sucks and we can't seem to hang onto the puck for shit, but we need to figure something out. Being able to move the puck up the ice effectively will force the other team to fall back and play defense which eases the pressure on our D.

I agree 1000% percent. Next time we have 3 or 4 (or more...) people on let's do some scrimmage with 2v1 or 2v2 or even 3v1. It'll be hard to get a good feel with super-computer playing against us, but at least we can work on cycling and clears, knowing that the AI is insanely good.

Yeah I have a 15 page paper due Thursday. Haven't written a single word. I might be on for a game or two but that is MAX (And if I'm seen on mw2 then you can bet I won't be on that long either)

FML

ph33nix said:
Yeah I have a 15 page paper due Thursday. Haven't written a single word. I might be on for a game or two but that is MAX (And if I'm seen on mw2 then you can bet I won't be on that long either)

FML

Fifteen pages on what? We can help.

Marvie_3 said:
This. I've done 30+ page papers in one night. 15 minutes presentations in one night. I'm the world's greatest procrastinator.

This must be why we get along so swimmingly--I'm California's Greatest Procrastinator, but I've never even considered challenging for a world bid!

Sanjuro

We just had a triple overtime victory! Get your asses in here.

nnuzy9.jpg
nnuzy9.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
This must be why we get along so swimmingly--I'm California's Greatest Procrastinator, but I've never even considered challenging for a world bid!
I would crush you, when I got around to it.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
We just had a triple overtime victory! Get your asses in here.

nnuzy9.jpg
nnuzy9.jpg
I'll be on as soon as my roommate gets out of the living room.

I need that costume.

Marvie_3

Banned
I love how we play a team that picks 1 FW/1 D/1 G and their AI players are fucking great. We do the same thing and ours are complete fucking retards.

Sanjuro

What is with the quitting though? It's just a waste of time. I would have finished the night with 15 games played online with Be a Pro and instead only ended up with 11.

Marvie_3

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
What is with the quitting though? It's just a waste of time. I would have finished the night with 15 games played online with Be a Pro and instead only ended up with 11.
It still counts as a game played. Nights like that are completely bullshit though. We lost every possible fucking way you can lose a game....even lost one on the rare 'puck bouncing off the boards and into the net while the goalie is getting fucked in the ass by a kangaroo' play.

Top Bottom