• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

does he have the ability to make horizontal passes by the net?
lol

and on a more serious note what are his tendencies? i think if we learn each others' tendencies we can make offensive sets smoother. like for example, I tend to prefer to hover near the boards and perimeter and do my shit from there. crashing the boards for whatever reason isn't my game (does that mean I get a softie label?) I'm just shitty at picking up loose pucks and turn it over more near the net anyways

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
does he have the ability to make horizontal passes by the net?
lol

and on a more serious note what are his tendencies? i think if we learn each others' tendencies we can make offensive sets smoother. like for example, I tend to prefer to hover near the boards and perimeter and do my shit from there. crashing the boards for whatever reason isn't my game (does that mean I get a softie label?) I'm just shitty at picking up loose pucks and turn it over more near the net anyways
Actually yeah, last night he and I were both making horizontal passes really well. I'd be lying if I said we didn't exploit the cross crease a few times. :lol

As far as his tendencies go, he's definately an offense first player, and looking at his numbers, I'm just fine with that. He tends to drive the net and I think he and Laserbot would be lethal with the way they both play down low.

He and I were on opposite wings last night and we did a really good job of spreading out the D and finding open ice. We would have done better but our own fuckin AI center kept picking off passes intended for the other wing. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
So I get to a point where I need a game with grades of simply B+'s to get my legend card. In the next game I play the goalie proceeds to give up 14 goals and I wind up a whopping -8 for the game. I end with a team play grade of D- and a stats grade of F, which basically fucks me off of getting my legend card anytime soon after that game. It got so bad that I started picking fights just to get off the ice. At least I got back at the dude playing goalie by beating the shit out of him in a couple fights during the next game.

Marvie_3 said:
So I get to a point where I need a game with grades of simply B+'s to get my legend card. In the next game I play the goalie proceeds to give up 14 goals and I wind up a whopping -8 for the game. I end with a team play grade of D- and a stats grade of F, which basically fucks me off of getting my legend card anytime soon after that game. It got so bad that I started picking fights just to get off the ice. At least I got back at the dude playing goalie by beating the shit out of him in a couple fights during the next game.

dude this is pure fucking highway robbery im sorry man. I have no idea how the fuck A, B+, and B don't get you an A-

last night when we played with randoms we had awesome teammates. but then there are games with complete shitheads that ruin it all =/

Marvie_3 said:

Maybe I was on my alt account playing goal just to sabotage you.

Anyway, I'm sorry I wasn't online last night.

im_so_sorry_bouquet_greeting_card-p137259363720277912q6ay_400.jpg

I was dealing with girlfriend problems.

I'm going boxing tonight, so I may or may not be on later, depending on how sore I am. I don't think I'll be sparring; but I'm out of shape, so wind sprints, jump rope and speed bags may end me looking as sweaty and winded as someone who was voted off America's Biggest Loser and in no shape to be awake.

Marvie_3

Banned
Really good night tonight. 7-4-1 overall, including a 5-game win streak. Lost the last game in 3OT. Sucked because the other team did NOTHING but try for cheap goals. Felt good to get a bunch of people online and play some GAF games.

I promise I'm gonna stop playing like total ass, the last few nights have been horrendous, maybe its because I'm not playing in my normal environment
where I'm not smoking something after every goal lol maybe that's my motivation!
so its all road games for me!

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm going boxing tonight, so I may or may not be on later, depending on how sore I am. I don't think I'll be sparring; but I'm out of shape, so wind sprints, jump rope and speed bags may end me looking as sweaty and winded as someone who was voted off America's Biggest Loser and in no shape to be awake.

Last night was humbling and debilitating. I could barely get my legs swung over my motorcycle to ride home. Tonight should be better.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Last night was humbling and debilitating. I could barely get my legs swung over my motorcycle to ride home. Tonight should be better.

:lol we wondered what happened. many speculations occurred

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:

SnakeswithLasers said:
:lol It was definitely fun though. I'm going back on Thursday for more punishment.

just to be clear, you're talking about boxing, not dealing with your girlfriend right? because i'm not entirely sure judging from the above two posts :D

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Yeah I imagine riding a motorcycle would be hard after being emasculated and violated in a gym shower. :lol

peterb0y said:
just to be clear, you're talking about boxing, not dealing with your girlfriend right? because i'm not entirely sure judging from the above two posts :D

:lol :lol "boxing."

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah I imagine riding a motorcycle would be hard after being emasculated and violated in a gym shower. :lol

...bu bu bu *I poop from there*

Marvie_3 said:

Anything is hard after getting raped in the shower. Ask Bill Cartwright and Stacey King how they felt after what Michael did to them...

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
Anything is hard after getting raped in the shower. Ask Bill Cartwright and Stacey King how they felt after what Michael did to them...
:lol

Didn't MJ beat the shit out of Steve Kerr at one point too?

Marvie_3 said:
:lol

Didn't MJ beat the shit out of Steve Kerr at one point too?

yep punched him in practice

in fact let me share some with you guys

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his **** into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

GOAT

Marvie_3

Banned
Ph33nix, I'm going for your record of 6 goals in a team game online. I have 4 goals in the first period. :lol

Edit: nevermind. Fuckin goalie went superman after that and shut me down. Of course ours got the tard and we lost 5-4 in OT.

I actually think I like playing defense except when I fuck over the team trying to gamble for a huge check, which I really didn't get last night :(

it was sooo much easier in nhl 09

After last night's disaster I am really close to just being done with this game for a bit.

I started with a "ranked game" and actually had a blast. You use NHL teams and hit random opponents. Awesome. The game plays just like it does in the offline--it's slower and there are more penalties, everything feels a lot more organic and fluid.

Then Marvie got on and the shit started to get sour. I kept getting disconnected from EA's servers, my 360 froze up at least 3 times, the one EASHL game we played was against glitchers, and the typical piss poor unpredictable goalies were just abysmal. The connection and freezing problems kept happening and I turned the 360 off at 9:30. I think we played 1 game. In almost 2 hours. And it was a glitch fest that we quit out of in the first or second period.

I can't believe they can't get this shit right/fixed.

I think the contrast of playing a 10 year old game (Diablo II) over break that is still supported and free to play is just kind of gross. I mean, fix the fucking glitchy shitty EASHL-----WTF?

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
I actually think I like playing defense except when I fuck over the team trying to gamble for a huge check, which I really didn't get last night :(

it was sooo much easier in nhl 09
Yeah, defense is fun as hell. I figured out that using an offensive defenseman as a wing is the easiest way to get my team play grade up. :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
After last night's disaster I am really close to just being done with this game for a bit.

I started with a "ranked game" and actually had a blast. You use NHL teams and hit random opponents. Awesome. The game plays just like it does in the offline--it's slower and there are more penalties, everything feels a lot more organic and fluid.

Then Marvie got on and the shit started to get sour. I kept getting disconnected from EA's servers, my 360 froze up at least 3 times, the one EASHL game we played was against glitchers, and the typical piss poor unpredictable goalies were just abysmal. The connection and freezing problems kept happening and I turned the 360 off at 9:30. I think we played 1 game. In almost 2 hours. And it was a glitch fest that we quit out of in the first or second period.

I can't believe they can't get this shit right/fixed.

I think the contrast of playing a 10 year old game (Diablo II) over break that is still supported and free to play is just kind of gross. I mean, fix the fucking glitchy shitty EASHL-----WTF?
It seems like the majority of the bullshit happens in club games when there are only 2 people playing. It seems like every other team of 2 is just a couple of twats who practice those shit goals constantly. I still like the clubs games but at times they just aren't fun because of all the crap you have to deal with.

We all know this game isn't going to be fixed this year. It sucks that they basically did nothing with the online engine. Hopefully the offline engine gets transferred up to EASHL for next year, otherwise I'm just going to skip EASHL next year. I'm just sick of a bunch of record/stat padding little fuckwads playing like assholes so they can win a video game trophy.

if we can we should just get 5 of us to take over one side of the community games from now on. and when it was me and marvie and a few community guys i really liked playing with some of the people on there

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
if we can we should just get 5 of us to take over one side of the community games from now on. and when it was me and marvie and a few community guys i really liked playing with some of the people on there
That's kinda what I was thinking. Once in awhile you'll get a couple douchebags on there but it seems like you get more honest games that way. We could still bust out club games now and then but I think it'd be more fun for all of us to play OTP games too.

Marvie_3

Banned
After tonight I'm 90% sure I'm done with club games. 5 games, 5 opposing teams doing nothing but attempting cheap goals. Its gotten so predictable and boring anymore. At least with OTP its new people everytime so it makes for a new game everytime. I say we bring the Banhammers there.

Marvie_3

Banned
I hate to even bring something like this up, but I've been thinking....

Since the ranked OTP stats count towards your player's grades....the rest of us, who aren't as awesome as ph33nix, could spam the shit out of "scrimmage" games to get each other the legend cards we so sorely need. We could basically do it 2 at a time(one stat mule on each team) and just keep feeding that person. Then build their stats and team play grade and before you know it, hello legend card.

Like I said, I hate to even propose this, but I was once again a game away from my card tonight. Once again I get fucked over by some glitching fuckstains. Once again I'm back down to a B. I just want my damn card so it frees me up to play how I want so I don't have to worry about some stupid grade all game. I know it sounds like I want to take the pussy way out, but after 515+ games, I've paid my fucking dues to this game. It's bullshit that the assholes reap the rewards while everyone who isn't ph33nix gets shit on.

dude i know how you feel man. nhl 09 was that to me. this game is just unforgiving...i hope EA fixes that next year. the fact that you can't ever get an A+ in position score is absolute bullshit

i'll be glad to play defense and feed you guys the puck all day (unless I get an open shot at the point. like rex grossman, i wanna fire my sex cannon of 90+slapshot power!)

Marvie_3 said:
I hate to even bring something like this up, but I've been thinking....

Since the ranked OTP stats count towards your player's grades....the rest of us, who aren't as awesome as ph33nix, could spam the shit out of "scrimmage" games to get each other the legend cards we so sorely need. We could basically do it 2 at a time(one stat mule on each team) and just keep feeding that person. Then build their stats and team play grade and before you know it, hello legend card.

Like I said, I hate to even propose this, but I was once again a game away from my card tonight. Once again I get fucked over by some glitching fuckstains. Once again I'm back down to a B. I just want my damn card so it frees me up to play how I want so I don't have to worry about some stupid grade all game. I know it sounds like I want to take the pussy way out, but after 515+ games, I've paid my fucking dues to this game. It's bullshit that the assholes reap the rewards while everyone who isn't ph33nix gets shit on.

We don't have to do it with boring stat mule games--we can just do it by playing OTP games against each other. I doubt even a fair game of us vs. us will result in many grades lower than B+...

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
dude i know how you feel man. nhl 09 was that to me. this game is just unforgiving...i hope EA fixes that next year. the fact that you can't ever get an A+ in position score is absolute bullshit

i'll be glad to play defense and feed you guys the puck all day (unless I get an open shot at the point. like rex grossman, i wanna fire my sex cannon of 90+slapshot power!)
The thing I'm having the biggest problem with is the fucking team play grade. It's such shit. I've been trying out all the different player types trying to find one I can play my game with and still get a good team play grade. None have worked. I even tried tough guy and started fights after the opponents scored and I still could never get higher than a B+.

SnakeswithLasers said:
We don't have to do it with boring stat mule games--we can just do it by playing OTP games against each other. I doubt even a fair game of us vs. us will result in many grades lower than B+...
Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part. I just meant that there was going to be one guy that gets his numbers no matter what. Say you or I have A's in everything else except stats(because we're getting shutout as usual), whoever is on the other side pulls their goalie towards the end of the game. I didn't mean just play with empty nets the whole game, just that we give an assist if we're running out of time in a game.

Smokey said:
don't think i forgot about nhl pheeniks.
Yo pheenix, you want me to take this guy outside and kick his teeth out?

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
don't worry. I already took care of this, making him shoot 0% in a quarter of NBA live last night
0%??!?!?!

Man, if I was that guy........

11t5sg1.jpg

Even Ben Wallace shoots better than 0%! :lol

ph33nix said:
don't worry. I already took care of this, making him shoot 0% in a quarter of NBA live last night

:lol :lol :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part. I just meant that there was going to be one guy that gets his numbers no matter what. Say you or I have A's in everything else except stats(because we're getting shutout as usual), whoever is on the other side pulls their goalie towards the end of the game. I didn't mean just play with empty nets the whole game, just that we give an assist if we're running out of time in a game.

Ah, yeah, that sounds awesome. I, for one, would welcome this new legend card overlord.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Ah, yeah, that sounds awesome. I, for one, would welcome this new legend card overlord.
You need to get your ass online more than once a month then. :lol

And what the hell is with these avatars? It's like Dwyane Wade is having all of Shawn Kemp's babies. :lol

baultista

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
The thing I'm having the biggest problem with is the fucking team play grade. It's such shit. I've been trying out all the different player types trying to find one I can play my game with and still get a good team play grade. None have worked. I even tried tough guy and started fights after the opponents scored and I still could never get higher than a B+.
Do you turn the puck over a lot? If you're the type of player that turns the puck over a lot, you'll always have a low team play rating. If you're going to rack up a lot of giveaways, you better rack up some takeaways too.

I got my legend card by playing as a grinder at centre. Faceoff wins, blocked shots, and big hits are all you need... your team could lose and you could not have a single point, but still get straight As. I like the player feel so much that I still play as a grinder whenever I play centre nowadays. I use offensive D-man for the wings... best player type for a legend card player IMO. Guys that can score more than a goal per game (usually glitchers or one-dimensional players that don't backcheck) exist everywhere. You can help your team win a lot of games by being a defensive-minded forward and leaving the offense to them.

Oh and sorry for completely ditching the GAF team, but I got called up to Division 1 for a bit :lol

Moussi

durrr hurrr i originally posted in this thread that i was going to sign up and play with you guys but my friend from work told me to join his team so i left. well now he barely plays and i'd like to join again to i sent another request.

At least i has experience naow.

Top Bottom