• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - 4 Year Anniversary!

AlfaTrion

So I've had a crazy year so far.
Some good, some bad but altogether awesome experiences to remember and some to learn from.
I haven't posted in this thread since March or April so here are some of the game related stuff I got.

Let me know if it is breaking the rules and I'll remove the post.

Club Nintendo 2010 Platinum Elite Award

IMG_0093.jpg

I won a Twitter contest by @thebehem0th

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

I got a PS3 for about half price thanks to my Best Buy Rewards card

IMG_0081.jpg

ME2 was AMAZING, Conviction was great, I had fun with Castlevania and how awesome was Transformers?!

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

steamPrevious.png

Got some Android games (oh yeah, got a Nexus One as soon as it was available in Canada)

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

EDIT Added Xbla Games :) Limbo was BEAUTIFUL!

xbla1.jpg

xbla2.jpg

xbla3.jpg

Not gaming related but I had them close by and decided to snap a pic :p

IMG_0082.jpg

2.jpg

It's a bad pic but it's a COWON iAudio 9 MP3 player. 16gb. $150

The good:
EXCELLENT sound quality
FLAC support
16 gigs
reasonable price

The bad:
Awkward UI
Touch sensitive buttons on the front are annoying. Would've preferred real buttons

I wanted a basic MP3 player that focuses on music (no videos or web surfing or anything) with good sound quality and flac support so iPods were all a no-go. Looked at reviews and this was the best out there. And it's pretty good but the UI and touch-buttons are annoying. Otherwise it does have GREAT sound quality, drag and drop compatability and otherwise works well.

Solemn Nomad

Neo Member
15 GB 3rd generation iPod (my favorite iPod design)
5173723584_84af852bdf_z.jpg

Pinkerton Deluxe Edition Vinyl (my favorite Weezer album)
5173118175_81ca75aaa9_z.jpg

Guwange for XBLA (my favorite CAVE game)
5173722610_90dd3527eb_z.jpg

Also got a new roommate (my favorite so far)

Lotta favorites this week. :D

jcutner

krae_man said:
I also came across something I couldn't pass up. Feast your eyes on El Tabulor!:
DSCN1998.jpg

He's putting cellphone contracts in a headlock!

There's 4 figures to choose from, I'll probably pick up the other 3 but I liked this one the best.

Where did you get that from! Hassled the staff at the Koodo booths?

krae_man

jcutner said:
Where did you get that from! Hassled the staff at the Koodo booths?

They sell them for $8 each or you get a one for free if you buy a phone. Website says proceeds go to the food bank.

AlfaTrion said:
I got a PS3 for about half price thanks to my Best Buy Rewards card

IMG_0081.jpg

ME2 was AMAZING, Conviction was great, I had fun with Castlevania and how awesome was Transformers?!

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg
Looks like you've got something to catch up.

Solideliquid said:
How well does the Kindle App work on the Galaxy Tab? Is it comfortable to read?

Yeah it is comfortable. I was honestly expecting more options in regards to turning pages and view etc. it is rather limited in that aspect but Im sure there is something else on the market place.

ChryZ

Kuran said:
Beautiful picture. That is why my white PSP slim is my only gaming device.. beautiful machine, a huge retro catalog when using emulators, and Monster Hunter 3rd releasing soon.
Thanks for the kind comment. Yeah, the pearl white 3000 is awesome: super nice screen, vibrant colors, great d-pad, love it.

seady

iPod Shuffle - For use at the gym. Much better than older Shuffles with surprisingly lot of functions.
25sanp0.jpg

DSi XL Mario 25th Anniversary + Kinect
2jeb3i9.jpg

DSi XL Mario 25th Anniversay - I tried to resist because the 3DS is coming, and I already have 2 old DSes, but this one is too sexy.
20pvfar.jpg

Kinect Games + Toys - Had an embarrassing moment when I tried to ask for a better toy at my Burger King when buying the Kid's Meal. They gave me that ugly ape (see the flyer) and I ask "my daughter already has this one, can you give me another one?" He gave me this weird look and I don't even have a daughter :lol
2mre4wn.jpg

Club Nintendo Gift - Surprisingly great quality. It's not your cheap paint on hard plastic. It is actually made out of soft rubber kind of material. I am impressed.
2edm51j.jpg

AlfaTrion

SalsaShark said:
well i cant find anything wrong with any of those pick-ups, congrats!
thanks!

vodka-bull said:
Looks like you've got something to catch up.
lol word! you should see my steam account full of untouched games :( hopefully this winter I can catch up on some OR have a girl to keep me warm ;) BONUS: or a warm girl to play these with :)

expy said:
Did you get a deal on FFXIII 360 or did you already have it prior to getting your PS3?
yeah I got ffxiii before the ps3. Also, I refer to my PS3 as "the blu-ray player" and have the 360 as my main gaming machine anyway. I like XBL better than PSN and I think I'll stick to getting only PS3 exclusives for it.

MGS4 was AWWWWWESOME.

Yes Boss!

AlfaTrion said:
yeah I got ffxiii before the ps3. Also, I refer to my PS3 as "the blu-ray player" and have the 360 as my main gaming machine anyway. I like XBL better than PSN and I think I'll stick to getting only PS3 exclusives for it.

Yeah, I came to the same realization recently. Tried buying multu-platform games on the PS3 for the last year becauase of the way better and more reliable hardware but turns out I just don't play them as much on that system. Might be because I prefer the 360 controller and interface. I dunno.

Guess I'm a 360 gamer more so and will just go back to only be buying the exclusives on the Sony box. Also, got burned on a few titles for PS3 like RDR and Bayonetta. ;-(

And the 360 has always been the Dteamcast successor in my eyes.

AlfaTrion

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, I came to the same realization recently. Tried buying multu-platform games on the PS3 for the last year becauase of the way better and more reliable hardware but turns out I just don't play them as much on that system. Might be because I prefer the 360 controller and interface. I dunno.

Guess I'm a 360 gamer more so and will just go back to only be buying the exclusives on the Sony box. Also, got burned on a few titles for PS3 like RDR and Bayonetta. ;-(

we are definitely on the same page

isny

napkin dispenser
Rogers had 2/25 on used BR's and finally had a few of the ones I've been looking for. Ended up paying about $15 total as I had enough star rewards for $10 off =)

Two great Canadian movies =D

2f04pjq.jpg

Spike

Yes Boss! said:

My sentiments exactly. I'm so pissed that my 360 died and I cannot afford to repair/replace it right now.

olore

Found this in the trash room, in the container for electronic garbage:

029-1.jpg

And this whole lot:

No idea if it works, power supply not included :D , guess I have to locate one and check if it works soon unless I want to see it thrown out by my fiancee...

033-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

Also, bought this:

abc002.jpg

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I'm pretty sure that you can get it from the Capcom Store online. I'd post the link but the site is blocked at work.

meppi

Been a while since I picked up something, so I thought why not.

RetroGamerNov2010.jpg

moviesnov2010.jpg

Already saw Cyborg Girl (Cyborg She) this past weekend and really liked it.
Didn't know anything going in except that people told me it was what "I'm a Cyborg but that's OK" should have been.
Don't know why as I loved that movie as well. Liked this one even better though.

Sooooo looking forward to watching Mother.
Didn't even know this one existed until last week where someone mentioned watching it and knowing it's from Bong Joon-Ho. Didn't need to hear any more. Bought it on the spot. :D

As for Welcome to Dongmakhol, how can this be anything but absolutely amazing?

Been after Wild Zero for the past couple of years and finally found a German copy at HKflix. :D

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
meppi said:
Been a while since I picked up something, so I thought why not.

RetroGamerNov2010.jpg
Oh lord, it's really damn sad that the first thing I thought of when I saw this picture was DK Goatse. *vomit*

5178329381_072b0991d2.jpg

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

meppi

sn0zc0r3 said:
Oh lord, it's really damn sad that the first thing I thought of when I saw this picture was DK Goatse. *vomit*
:lol Yeah it as actually. (sad I mean)

A bit disappointed with the latest cover of Retro Gamer as they usually are brilliant and I don't like this one TBH.
But then again if it helps pay the bills since it's more of an ad, and thus keeps the magazine on shelves, I have no problem with it whatsoever.

IronRinn

outsidah said:
Combaticons...unite to form BRUTICUS!

IMAG0001.jpg

For those who are interested this is the Energon Bruticus set that was re-released around Revenge of the Fallen:

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rotf-decepticons-384/bruticus-maximus-2042/

Plus two sets by Fansproject that replace the right arm and right leg as well as including a new head, the back cannons, rifle, hands, tassets, feet and a number of other parts:

http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1255/

http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1254/

It is a beautiful set.

Bought two micro's off eBay.

One already came in with 2 games I also picked up off eBay.

2010-11-14133601.jpg

Wirelss N adapter

2010-11-09154658.jpg

Two copies

2010-11-09154737.jpg

Take notice of how they spelled Mississippi

2010-11-13145824.jpg

and a new starter for my Maxima. The jeep is sucking up all my money in gas. It was time to get it fixed.

2010-11-03124946.jpg

NOT PICTURED*****
2ND FAMICOM GAMEBOY MICRO
GT5 CE

Top Bottom