• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - 4 Year Anniversary!

HyperMusic said:
The Snow might be teeming down here outside Edinburgh, but that doesn`t stop Royal Mail from delivering:

DSC00247.jpg
What game is that?

Cdammen

games20101130.jpg

Wii Sports Resort bundled with the Wii MotionPlus and one of the new Wii Remotes with the MotionPlus built in. Archery, bowling, speed slice and table tennis are really fun... the rest, not so much. Had a lot of fun playing this with friends and family during the weekend when I was snowed in.

Also bought a fuckton of Steam games. The price difference between consoles and PC is incredible. The cheapest (good) console games I get usually cost around 100 SEK, for that amount I can get two games on a Steam sale OR even more if it's a bundle. Shit be crazy and I love it :D

JohngPR

Holy shit at the amount of games I've bought in the past month!

2lp2ld.jpg

Granted, most of these are going to be Christmas presents for family, but still.

2010-11-Pickup1.jpg

Ys: The Ark of Nepishtim
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Gran Turismo 5
The Dark Spire

2010-11-Pickup2.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children - Black Book

I also grabbed Machinarium and Alpha Protocol from the Steam sale.

SlickVic

Pardon the crappy cell phone pic

image_0579aas.jpg

GoW Collection was kind of an impulsive purchase. I'm not even sure when I'll replay these when I got so many other games untouched in my backlog, but I just saw $10 shipped @ Amazon and thought it was too good a deal to pass up. :D

Zertez

amishpriest99 said:
Pickups from the last couple of days:

DSCF0116-1.jpg

And inside the Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu LE box:

DSCF0119.jpg
Is Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu region free? If so, do you mind saying how much you paid for it.

suikodan

November was a crazy month for me. :p

ab52103f.jpg

Nier: Pricematched EBGames' 9.89$ offer at BestBuy, got it for... 7,79$ :lol
SSF4: Got it for 20$ at VG+. Finally received it.
ACB: Got it on launch for 35$ (friends of Ubi's price)
Enslaved: Was 39,99 minus 25$ gift certificate.
GT5: No rebate on this one.
Club Nintendo platinum prize.
App Store Gift Card

294039cc.jpg

eSata HDD enclosure: Put a 1Tb HDD inside to expand my PVR from 20hrs of HD to... 150!
Radeon HD 6850: Got that card to replace my Nvidia inside my main PC. Got a Quad Core for really cheap from a work collegue and built my MAME PC for my cabinet.

Speaking of the cabinet:
efdff7c6.jpg

It loads but for some reason, it runs at ultra speed. I'll need to tweak that a bit but I think it's gonna be an excellent game for the cab.

6646d0df.jpg

I know I just bought SUPER but I needed a SF4 (10$ on STEAM) on my cabinet. It's all configured to work perfectly. I'm really excited about this one.

Also bought these from the crazy Steam sale:
Clipboard01.jpg

Hopefully December will be much quieter but I don't think it will. I'm a sucker for crazy game sales.

toasty_T said:
Got some CDs too.

SDC11568.jpg

Did you print that out for the Kanye album? I am so pissed that I paid extra for the deluxe edition and the fucking DVD is edited (even though the album isn't). STUPID, but what the fuck do I know...

suikodan said:
Speaking of the cabinet:
efdff7c6.jpg

It loads but for some reason, it runs at ultra speed. I'll need to tweak that a bit but I think it's gonna be an excellent game for the cab.

6646d0df.jpg

I know I just bought SUPER but I needed a SF4 (10$ on STEAM) on my cabinet. It's all configured to work perfectly. I'm really excited about this one.
suikodan, that is so fucking boss!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
WP_000000.jpg

My first cell phone. Absolutely loving everything about it. So far its blowing my experiences with iOS out of the water, (Not surprising, iOS feels a little stale at this point :p)

Yah, 20 years old and my first cell phone >.>

milkham

stuff from amazon and newegg

5222946588_c9606b5770_b.jpg

and when i heard that its been rooted i went out and picked this up in case it gets interesting, i'll probably return it if the hacking scene is disappointing

5222946690_d7a47480d6_b.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Some Disney love and Kick Ass from the BF sale. Also picked up these from the Amazon.com b2g1 sale from a couple of weeks back =)

2afwkef.jpg
2u460qq.jpg

Vinterbird said:
Are they any good? They look so pretty, but are they worth the money?
I can't stand reading long articles on a screen, so these books are a great way for me to catch up on game related topics. The first three Quarterly books were all interesting reads, even though I didn't like the encyclopedic structure of the third book. With a 20% off discount code I managed to push down the price of the hardcover editions from outrageous, to merely expensive. Picking up the paperback editions would probably be a wiser choice.

Edit: Some more information. Visit GameSpite to to sample some of their work. You can order the books from Blurb. The paperbacks are $10-19 while the hardcovers are $36-43 each.

GameSpite Quarterly #1 - A 20-year retrospective on the history of Game Boy
GameSpite Quarterly #2 - A collection of essays on the greatest games of all time!
GameSpite Quarterly #3 - Encyclopedia of 8-bit videogame characters
GameSpite Quarterly #4 - A wide-ranging issue that focuses on the mechanics and design of videogames
GameSpite Quarterly #5 - The Nintendo Entertainment System turning 25 retrospective
GameSpite Quarterly #6 - The Most Underappreciated* Games of All Time

rockmang15

Neo Member
suikodan said:
Speaking of the cabinet:
efdff7c6.jpg

Great Cab man, kinda sad to see it converted into a Mame, but at least you're giving it some love!

Top Bottom