• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - 4 Year Anniversary!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
In the past few weeks:
haul1112.jpg

(That's No Heroes Allowed! on the PSP screen there)

Uncharted and Prinny I found in the bargain bin at Toys R Us today. Six bucks for a new copy of Uncharted? Uh, yes please.

$20 for all of Gankutsuou was pretty amazing also. Loving Funimation's S.A.V.E. reprints, though I wish they all came in a nice box like this one instead of the ones with the yucky lime green spines with the S.A.V.E. branding printed on the cover insert that most of them have been doing.

Shawn128

Gah, where are you guys finding the cradle and component cable for the PSP Go so cheap?? Really want to do this but don't want to spend a lot on those things...

ithorien

Pinzer said:
You have got to be kidding me.
Listen Grimes (great avatar), I remembered them being uncomfortable as well, until I put the new pair on. It took a day to get used to it, but the material is thin, my feet breathe well, and going from a heavy patted DC pair to these really don't notice a tremendous difference.

To each his own? Agree to disagree?

Yes Boss!

Shawn128 said:
Gah, where are you guys finding the cradle and component cable for the PSP Go so cheap?? Really want to do this but don't want to spend a lot on those things...
I'm at an installation in Germany...they've been on the shelf for months collecting dust.

I think AgentOtaku is in Germany as well.

Maybe check the clearance endcap at Target for a similar deal?

Pinzer

Unconfirmed Member
ithorien said:
Listen Grimes (great avatar), I remembered them being uncomfortable as well, until I put the new pair on. It took a day to get used to it, but the material is thin, my feet breathe well, and going from a heavy patted DC pair to these really don't notice a tremendous difference.

To each his own? Agree to disagree?

Fair enough. Anyone who is a friend of Chuck is a friend of mine :D

Yes Boss! said:
I'm at an installation in Germany...they've been on the shelf for months collecting dust.

I can confirm targets here are discounting the psp go cradles for $8 and component cables for $9....at least here in Arizona...

Litflynt912 said:
of all the pickups I have had this year...these are by far top in my book...been wearing Jordans since I was 12....now 16 years later...still get teary eyed!

FoqAsl.jpg

Sweet! I've been holding off buying any more J's till I buy a house (I need to save as much as possible). My last pair were from the raging bull pack. I've been wearing J's since I can remember in grade school...

Mattlikewhoa said:
Sweet! I've been holding off buying any more J's till I buy a house (I need to save as much as possible). My last pair were from the raging bull pack. I've been wearing J's since I can remember in grade school...

I too had my Jordan game "shut down" by the misses while we were house hunting...
enjoy the time away from the thrill of the hunt!

I'm just glad I don't have to wait on line Dec 24th!!!! :D

I've never owned a pair of Jordan's, now that I think about it. :lol

I should probably buy a pair one of these days instead of buying the same ol' shoe.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Woo! My big pickup of the month has arrived!

EgtTR.jpg

WQXoC.jpg

Shipping and import fees were ludicrous. Hopefully it's worth it. :D

Yes Boss! said:

Yeah, AAFES has them on clearance...

FrankNitty said:
I think I have a serious problem...:lol I was trying to decide which phone I wanted between the HD7 (windows phone 7) and the G2 (4G android), I could decide sooooo last Thursday I grabbed the HD7 and yesterday I grabbed the G2. Since I cant decide between 1, get both :lol

Then some random stuff

WP_000003.jpg

You're either 1) doing it wrong or 2) awesome. Maybe both. :D

ithorien

luka said:
Woo! My big pickup of the month has arrived!

Trackir

Shipping and import fees were ludicrous. Hopefully it's worth it. :D

This seems pretty amazing, but how well does it tackle that whole Wiimote off screen dilemma, especially in FPS games?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
ithorien said:
This seems pretty amazing, but how well does it tackle that whole Wiimote off screen dilemma, especially in FPS games?

You don't need to move your head much to get a large range of in-game movement. Basically if you've moved out of the sensor's range you're probably not even looking at the screen anymore.

It really is phenomenal. It's not just looking around, but moving closer to get a good look at the instrument panels or down the sights, leaning sideways to get a better look out the window or shifting up or down to see things obstructed by other cockpit elements.

It would be amazing if more fps games used this. For simulations it's mindblowing.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Amazon buy 2 get one free! Love crisis core! GOW PSP!
2a0e0lg.jpg

More GOW PSP Goodness! No one told me how AWESOME this system is!
2itj253.jpg

Bayonetta ($20) PDZ Limited (I dunno why but I LOVE THIS GAME :lol ) ($10)
16itsv8.jpg

Halo Reach Limited
aupnl.jpg

Really nice guide
3g5mo.jpg

Enslaved ($25) TOV ($19) at Amazon
30tjtc5.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
_dementia said:
Be sure to pick up Sin and Punishment 2
Yes! Not only a great, technical game... But I think Rahx will appreciate the over-the-top anime awesomeness of it all.

BocoDragon

Rahxephon91 said:
Is it like Panzer Dragoon Orta?
Kinda. Really fast moving and dodging with the analog stick (your character floats around thanks to jets on their body), targeting with wiimote pointer. It's a really hardcore action game that could only be done on Wii.

Really cool anime settings and style, IMO.

Also you shouldn't pay more than $20-30 on it.. Many places have started discounting it. It's one of the only Nintendo titles that has seen price drops, actually.

BocoDragon said:
Kinda. Really fast moving and dodging with the analog stick (your character floats around thanks to jets on their body), targeting with wiimote pointer. It's a really hardcore action game that could only be done on Wii.

Really cool anime settings and style, IMO.

Also you shouldn't pay more than $20-30 on it.. Many places have started discounting it. It's one of the only Nintendo titles that has seen price drops, actually.
Well then I guess I'll look into it.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
3176u06.jpg

No idea why I kept passing this up, I'm fond of Battlefield. Guess I've just been too busy with other games. $20 though? Yeah, time to dive in.

Anybody else play it on PC, or is BC2-age all on console?

BocoDragon

Rahxephon91 said:
Well then I guess I'll look into it.
Looks like it's $23 on Amazon if you're American. (I got a similar price here in Can)

DominoKid

Litflynt912 said:
of all the pickups I have had this year...these are by far top in my book...been wearing Jordans since I was 12....now 16 years later...still get teary eyed!

FoqAsl.jpg

slightly envious of you.

only slightly cause the XI isnt one of my favorites, but those are dope nonetheless

Polk

S5000142_2.jpg

Finally had some time to get stuff friend bought me in september.
Unfortunately AC5 is also Greatest Hits edition with some homemade printed cover. But hey, they were cheap games.

DominoKid said:
slightly envious of you.

only slightly cause the XI isnt one of my favorites, but those are dope nonetheless

yea, back in the day...I remember it was all about getting that pair before anybody and breaking peoples necks as you walked by...I'm almost 30...it's all about nostalgia for me and not waiting in the cold when I could be sleeping:D

Ghost of Sparta is an amazing game! Bought NHL 11 again, this time for the 360 and got Black Ops for free from my awesome manager. Haven't had the chance to play Sly yet.
2rxux3p.jpg

Loving the shit out of the new controller, only because it's all shiny and I like the feel of the new analog sticks. The D-Pad still sucks ass though.
2q1f61u.jpg

ChryZ

Star Soldier PSP, 3000 tate fun
P1010915.jpg

Sailor Jerry Rum, old UK recipe, just opened my last bottle :(
P1010925.jpg

Back to the Future Collector's Tinbox, LG Woodford Reserve Bourbon
P1010949.jpg

Vanquish
P1010955.jpg

Kuran

Banned
ChryZ said:
Star Soldier PSP, 3000 tate fun
P1010915.jpg

Beautiful picture. That is why my white PSP slim is my only gaming device.. beautiful machine, a huge retro catalog when using emulators, and Monster Hunter 3rd releasing soon.

krae_man

DSCN1999.jpg

Looking forward to replaying 1, finishing 2 and playing 3 for the first time. I quit playing 2 right around the Dance with Carmaleta Fox or whatever her name is when something else I wanted to play came along and I never got back to it.

I also came across something I couldn't pass up. Feast your eyes on El Tabulor!:
DSCN1998.jpg

He's putting cellphone contracts in a headlock!

There's 4 figures to choose from, I'll probably pick up the other 3 but I liked this one the best.

Top Bottom