• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - 4 Year Anniversary!

Speevy

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
People buying GameSpite Quarterly -- hardcover or paperback? Is the hardcover worth the upgrade? If I buy one in paperback, I'll buy them all in paperback, but if I buy the first in hardcover, I'm going to go OCD if I don't buy the rest in hardcover.

Paperback is fine.

Quite a haul here!

First up: American and Japanese Sweets from Memorabilia at the NEC. Thanks to AmericanFoodDirect and TokyoToys stalls for these goodies! Looking forward to diabetes!

yotHt.jpg

Next: Atelier Rorona. Actually bought this a few weeks ago, but I don't think I posted it here. NFS Hot Pursuit I picked up yesterday. Liking it. Got Scott Pilgrim from a stand at Memorabilia today. :)

oBqli.jpg

And all this? FREE SWAG from the Koei stand. Not pictured: DOA Paradise desk calendar.

Pictured? (The Jewel cases are double sided holding 2 games each)...
FULL promo copies of... Dead or Alive Paradise, Persona 3, Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, Atelier Iris 3, another Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, a third DW5 Empires (Might give these to anyone who's in want), Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends, DW: Gundam and DW: Gundam 2.

Also, Prinny OST and Trinity Universe Art/Guidebook.

Not bad for free! Props to the Koei guys for giving away full games for nothing!

AylPd.jpg

Stumpokapow said:
People buying GameSpite Quarterly -- hardcover or paperback? Is the hardcover worth the upgrade? If I buy one in paperback, I'll buy them all in paperback, but if I buy the first in hardcover, I'm going to go OCD if I don't buy the rest in hardcover.

The softcovers have held up just fine for me. The NES one was the biggest and got the most wear and tear but no spine bends or loose pages. The softcover is just fine for practical purposes.

Of course, the hardcover usually has some extra content and will last much longer over repeated readings. I'd say go with paperback if you're just looking to read them, hardcover if you really want to collect them/have extra money to spend.

The price difference was significant to me so i go for paperback. They've been just fine.

Azar

Stumpokapow said:
I bought hardcover of 3 and 4 because some of my stuff is only in the hardcover versions of those volumes, but the rest I've gone paperback. The quality's still quite nice, so don't worry about getting paperback only. The hardbacks are a very expensive option--though if you have the money to throw around, the hardcovers really do look fantastic. GSQ5 and GSQ6 also have identical features in both versions, which will be the norm from now on.

hobdal

Neo Member
New phone and a couple of 360 games so far this month

IMAG0016.jpg

Great phone, still getting to grips with it but really liking it so far

IMAG0013.jpg

Ubersnug

My copy of Assassins Creed Brotherhood Codex edition finally showed up and I have to say, it's one of the better collectors editions out there. IT's certainly best compared to Assassin Creed 1 and 2's collectors editions.

Still in it's box
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

What's this?
7.jpg

It's stuff from the Assassins creed animated comic that is coming out soon.
8.jpg

Ah, some stills from the comic. Nice artwork...
9.jpg

Oh! hope I get a shiney inside.
10.jpg

Nope, no shiney but descriptions of all the multiplayer characters.
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

And also Just Cause 2 that I got for a tenner from Zavvi and an 8gb USB pen I got for £7 from PLay.

18.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
practice02 said:
the hardcover has extra content

For my purposes at least I don't particularly care about the extra content and I'm just wondering about paper stock / wear-and-tear / degree of gloss finish / thickness / weight.

Stumpokapow said:
For my purposes at least I don't particularly care about the extra content and I'm just wondering about paper stock / wear-and-tear / degree of gloss finish / thickness / weight.
If you want to give yourself a nice treat go hardcover

Bii

VASPER said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/535s9c.jpg
SOOOO goood:D

You son of a...

5193216432_99e00e3303_b.jpg

Xbox 360 250GB Slim. Microsoft. $238.
I needed a quieter Xbox 360 since the one I had (20GB Pro) was extremely noisy while playing a DVD. I also only had 1GB of storage left and was limited from buying all the XBLA games that I haven't bought for the past year or two. Lastly, I'm able to install games without worry of deleting other items on my hard drive. I've had this for about a week now and I'm thoroughly impressed.

5193216504_af4caf402b_b.jpg

iPhone 4. Apple. $362.
HD Anti-Glare Film Set. Power Support. $16.
After a little over three years, I've decided to upgrade from my original 8GB iPhone. Wow, what an upgrade. I was going to wait for the elusive white version but decided to get the black one after the announcement of not knowing if the white one will ever be out. With my original iPhone, I bought Power Support's Anti-Glare Film and have kept it on there ever since I bought it. Unsurprisingly, I'm sticking with the same screen film for my new iPhone.

5192619727_18b8e2791f_b.jpg

Espgaluda II. iPhone. $9.
With my new phone, I had to get a game to show it off. When it was released, I didn't buy Espgaluda II due to the game only running on an iPhone 4, iPad, iPhone 3GS or a 3rd gen iPod Touch. I don't have either of those until now. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

5192619143_76e0352c82_b.jpg

Lobster Roll. Zen Sushi at Millbrae, CA. $7.
Was hungry. Zen Sushi had a special where all their sushi were half off. This was one of the rolls I got. Delicious.

robot

Picked up a TG-16 a few weeks ago - complete in box and all paperwork. Controller even had the plastic layer over the artwork. Finally found a good collection of games on ebay, someone selling 15+ games was willing to pull these 11 off of auctions and sell to me privately. Not a bad haul for $100 shipped.

1290294662771.jpg

Yes Boss!

Wow, those TG-16 games are beautiful. Every single one is great (even JJ and Jeff and Bravoman). Nice you went for the american versions!

Flek

Banned
Bii said:
You son of a...

5193216432_99e00e3303_b.jpg

Xbox 360 250GB Slim. Microsoft. $238.
I needed a quieter Xbox 360 since the one I had (20GB Pro) was extremely noisy while playing a DVD. I also only had 1GB of storage left and was limited from buying all the XBLA games that I haven't bought for the past year or two. Lastly, I'm able to install games without worry of deleting other items on my hard drive. I've had this for about a week now and I'm thoroughly impressed.

5193216504_af4caf402b_b.jpg

iPhone 4. Apple. $362.
HD Anti-Glare Film Set. Power Support. $16.
After a little over three years, I've decided to upgrade from my original 8GB iPhone. Wow, what an upgrade. I was going to wait for the elusive white version but decided to get the black one after the announcement of not knowing if the white one will ever be out. With my original iPhone, I bought Power Support's Anti-Glare Film and have kept it on there ever since I bought it. Unsurprisingly, I'm sticking with the same screen film for my new iPhone.

5192619727_18b8e2791f_b.jpg

Espgaluda II. iPhone. $9.
With my new phone, I had to get a game to show it off. When it was released, I didn't buy Espgaluda II due to the game only running on an iPhone 4, iPad, iPhone 3GS or a 3rd gen iPod Touch. I don't have either of those until now. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

5192619143_76e0352c82_b.jpg

Lobster Roll. Zen Sushi at Millbrae, CA. $7.
Was hungry. Zen Sushi had a special where all their sushi were half off. This was one of the rolls I got. Delicious.

people here don´t say this often enough but dude NICE PICTURES!!

Carnby

robot said:
Picked up a TG-16 a few weeks ago - complete in box and all paperwork. Controller even had the plastic layer over the artwork. Finally found a good collection of games on ebay, someone selling 15+ games was willing to pull these 11 off of auctions and sell to me privately. Not a bad haul for $100 shipped.

1290294662771.jpg

i have played J.J. and Jeff. the game is hilarious. if i remember correctly be sure to dodge the bird poop.

pickup201011a.jpg

DSI XL. My old DS Light started shutting down every time I pressed A & B together (and sometimes just A) so I could only play games which was all stylus controlled. Not an uncommon problem apparently.

pickup201011b.jpg

pickup201011c.jpg

A Cyborg R.A.T. 7 mouse.

Ecto311

neopokekun said:
A Cyborg R.A.T. 7 mouse.

How do you like the mouse? I have a logitech wireless that is decent but messes up when playing anything. I also have bigger hands and looking for a bigger wired mouse.

Lard

Banned
Android18a said:
Quite a haul here!

First up: American and Japanese Sweets from Memorabilia at the NEC. Thanks to AmericanFoodDirect and TokyoToys stalls for these goodies! Looking forward to diabetes!

yotHt.jpg

HiChu! :O

eXistor

As usual pic quality is terribad, but I got a bunch of Mario figurines, not pictured are Donkey Kong, Dixie Kong, Peach, Daisy and Lakitu. I forgot to take their pic, and I'm to lazy to do so now.

Also an Epic Micket shirt which I also forgot to photograph, but luckily you can still see it lying in a shameful pile on the floor. And Ys Oath in Felghana and Gray matter CE.
DSC00734.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

Rahxephon91 said:
Based on the sticker I'm going to say Target and man it was $12 dollars less then what I payed. Target must really want to get rid of them.

They had a bunch of good games on clerance. DA for both PS3 and 360 for $15, Rhythm Heaven for like $7, Red Steel 2 (non-bundle) for $7, White Knight Chronicles for $24. Must be a pre-Holiday clearance thing.

AceBandage said:
They had a bunch of good games on clerance. DA for both PS3 and 360 for $15, Rhythm Heaven for like $7, Red Steel 2 (non-bundle) for $7, White Knight Chronicles for $24. Must be a pre-Holiday clearance thing.
Yeah I also got Resident Evil The Dark Side Chronicles for $10. I think I also saw Wolfenstien and other games. It was pretty big clearance section and at my Target it was pretty new as it was not there before Friday.

So check your Targets people.

Skilletor

I bought a black Wii yesterday :)

I now own all of the current and last gen consoles. Also got Jim Lee's Icons book in the mail. It's BEAUTIFUL. <3 <3 Jim Lee.

Zero announced in MvC3 pushed me over the top to get a Wii. Just in time for DKC Returns. :D

100_0027.jpg

100_0028.jpg

100_0029.jpg

Bii

Flek said:
people here don´t say this often enough but dude NICE PICTURES!!

Likewise. Your photos are instantly recognizable once I see a post from you.

zombieshavebrains said:
For real, what kind of camera is that?

For those shots, I was using a Canon Digital Rebel XTi with a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L lens.

grap3fruitman said:
Where'd you get it for that price?

I got the 250GB Xbox 360 from Amazon's Warehouse site. It was marked as in "very good" condition. The only thing that wasn't new was the controller as it showed normal wear. Otherwise, the entire system/box/manual was in like new condition.

Arucardo

140eur with free delivery :D . Condition is as good as new, not a single scratch on it and even the plastic cover is still on the logitech logo.

rlgoyq.jpg

Now I just need something to play on :lol (The PS3 I bought is stuck/lost in the mail somewhere :( ...)

Top Bottom