• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - 4 Year Anniversary!

milkham

petethepanda said:
^ I just finished reading Ender's Game for the first time yesterday. AWESOME book.

Ender's shadow is pretty good too, its Ender's game but from Bean's point of view

Barney

Neo Member
20101124000824.jpg

i hope its worth it. its more expensive than the kinect where i live.

IMG_3772.jpg

Brand new 250GB Xbox 360 S (to replace my 20GB launch model) and Kinect.

IMG_3769.jpg

Games! Dance Central, Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports for Kinect. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit LE on Xbox 360 and NBA 2K11 on PS3.

IMG_3768.jpg

Sony Bloggie Touch to capture the fireworks in Singapore when I head over there for the New Year. :D

IMG_3774.jpg

Seagate 2TB External HDD. To store my local media to play on the...

IMG_3773.jpg

Boxee Box. A few kinks here and there, buy I'm loving it so far. And the Boxee developers have been great in the past at listening to the community so I'm sure they are hard at work at releasing an update resolving some of the issues.

Crazy month and I have GT5 to come!

Edit...

ErnieMcCracken[IMG said:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_aG87PdbMbd0/TOxfdeF8TNI/AAAAAAAAHkw/IMITcwXJMTc/11-23B.jpg[.IMG]
Got this from Disney Movie Rewards for $59.99 (+ shipping). Will most likely be a gift for the FIL.

Got the exact same Blu-Ray player at the beginning of the month, but I forgot to take a picture of it. :lol

Bought it so I wouldn't have to use the PS3. Though I'm a little disappointed that it's not wifi out of the box and that I have to purchase the Sony specific USB wireless dongle thing. But with my Boxee, I don't think I would have used it to check out YouTube videos and such too often anyways.

ithorien

tracky_dacks said:
Got the exact same Blu-Ray player at the beginning of the month, but I forgot to take a picture of it. :lol

Bought it so I wouldn't have to use the PS3. Though I'm a little disappointed that it's not wifi out of the box and that I have to purchase the Sony specific USB wireless dongle thing. But with my Boxee, I don't think I would have used it to check out YouTube videos and such too often anyways.

I'm looking into purchasing the 370 (wife and I really don't care about 3d) and I'm curious how the Netflix interface is. I see everywhere that it's Instant Queue only, but how does it perform. Any details?

ithorien said:
I'm looking into purchasing the 370 (wife and I really don't care about 3d) and I'm curious how the Netflix interface is. I see everywhere that it's Instant Queue only, but how does it perform. Any details?

I'd love to give you details, but unfortunately we don't even get the Netflix service in Australia. :(

ithorien

tracky_dacks said:
I'd love to give you details, but unfortunately we don't even get the Netflix service in Australia. :(

Aww, that sucks :( (you not having Netflix, not not being able to answer me :p)

ErnieMcCracken, how about you? Netflix interface?

ithorien said:
Aww, that sucks :( (you not having Netflix, not not being able to answer me :p)

ErnieMcCracken, how about you? Netflix interface?

This one is going to be a gift so it remains sealed. Looking for some reviews I found this:

"The overall Netflix interface is aesthetically similar to the new PS3 Netflix interface, with cover art 6x3 across the screen. Unlike the PS3 and the Apple TV, there is no way to search to find new content. You need to log into Netflix from a web browser to add titles to your Instant Queue, which then show up on the BDP-S470. This is the case with pretty much every Blu-ray player, unfortunately. Thankfully there doesn't seem to be any trace of the chroma upsampling error (the so-called Chroma Bug) like what we found with the Panasonic Blu-ray 3D player. Overall Netflix video quality is average. Not quite as sharp as some other devices, but not as soft or as noisy as others."

This review was from earlier in the year so I'm not sure if any firmware upgrades may have changed it in any way.

Just picked her up today. Her name is Ada ;-)

2010-11-23183002-2.jpg

2010-11-23200713-1-1.jpg

2010-11-23200348-1-1.jpg

Cutest kitten I have ever seen (at least in this town). the guinea pig is jealous as all hell.

ithorien

ErnieMcCracken said:
This review was from earlier in the year so I'm not sure if any firmware upgrades may have changed it in any way.

Thanks for looking it up, but I assumed exactly the same. Firmware could have changed a bunch, and nobody seems to have very up to date reviews up. I might just have to bite the bullet. After all, how hard is it to add things to queue on the PC anyway.

Gouken

Banned
Damn this month is rough on my gaming wallet...GT5 Special Edition, DKCR and Mario vs Donkey Kong...

photo-25.jpg

I also have the standard GT5, but I likes the packaging of the SE :) so I'll give the standard one to my friend. Also most got the Signiture edition but a keychain, Waller and a car model and useless to me...plus it was double the price.

btw, sig edition extra cars, are those exclusive or can we purchase them from from the PSstore?

DSC00168-1.jpg

The jokers at Royal Mail decided not to deliver GT5 today either, so in the meantime I went and bought another copy elsewhere. Loving it! <3
Also, I'm a regular GamesTM reader, but this is the first issue of my subscription which I finally got round to setting up :)

Sagitario

I got the 320GB PS3+Move bundle for grand total of $370 :D , no pictures though.

Glennct said:
in love with this phone
[IMG]http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy2/Glennct/DSC00951.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Too bad you can't change language settings/keyboard.

9RX0F.jpg

Just got GT5 a few minutes ago, thanks Amazon.
and my new G2 which I got a week ago to replace the crappy Nokia I got for free when I signed up for T-Mobile a couple of years ago.

I've never posted in these threads before, might as well do it now!

pickups.png

I'm a bit late on getting Bayonetta... but I ran into a deal that I couldn't pass up on gamefly.. so I bought it. I'll play New Vegas after the next patch. I'm a bit worried that I'll have the same problem my brother did with the game so I'll wait. Enslaved... is the $25 Amazon deal a few days ago.

Fable III is too short and easy. I don't care for it very much. I hope Fable 4 is better...

Top Bottom